Finding the Mud

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Valynn
Elder

Finding the Mud

Post by Valynn »

I am curious.

How did you come across Vampire Wars Classic?
Radek
Elder
Clan: Brujah

Re: Finding the Mud

Post by Radek »

My uncle (marcos) used to play (and still does from time to time) on old and on classics I saw it, thought it looked interesting 5 years later im still playing
Radek, He Who is....
Brujah Justicar
Desades
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by Desades »

I played a vampire MUD (dunno if it still runs nowadays - cant remember what it was called) when I was a student.
I rediscovered the game some years ago and still loving it :mrgreen:
-= May the Rose be with you =-
Vexen
Methuselah

Post by Vexen »

I played a vampire on a vampire-werewolf-dragon mud with a limited player base, but a great system. When it shut down I set out to find another great vampire mud and landed here. Been here ever since.
Mase
Ancilla

Post by Mase »

Came across it six or seven years ago while taking a break from my active mud at the time (I was looking for godwars derivatives), and I kept it in the back of my mind as an option until the last of my other muds went down in spring '07. I knew I wanted a a time-tested pk mud with a strong player-base, so this was my best option.
Arkhinor
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Arkhinor »

Whilst avoiding work at university i remembered mates playing a mud back in highschool - so i went looking. Wanted a vampire focus as i was reading Lestat and Interview with a vampire etc and Anita Blake stuff. Found a bigass pbase and alot of chaos and ..vampires. So here i am :)
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
Valynn
Elder

Post by Valynn »

So for those that have come in search of Vampire Wars, how did you find it though?

Did you use a search engine?

Word of mouth?

Some sort of Mud Rating system?

In what way did you find yourself bring up Vampire Wars Classic as a Mud to play?
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

Googled it im pretty sure. I had no idea about muds.. no idea about kyndig or mudconnector or anything..that came after playing here. I just remember because i was at uni - i couldnt play because they had blocked ports..so i found it..and had to wait til i came home. Google..

Just looked now - you type vampire mud and WE're number 1 listing. and 2..and 3 and 5 maybe :P
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
Iori
Elder

Post by Iori »

Found it on the mud connector years ago when Joker was running it played as a teen then when I finnaly went back to school, and got internet again, I remembered it and came back.
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

I found it on multiplayer.com like 10-11 years ago. Once that shut down I played on (and owned) every single other VW except this one until march of last year =]
zerol
Neonate

Post by zerol »

Well i was running through the possible muds on ZMUD, and Vampire Wars just jumped out. Mud + Vampires? Hells yeah :) :twisted:
remar
Neonate

Post by remar »

I was looking for Wheel of Time muds and all i could find was rp muds for it. I amended my search to 'muds' and this mud just screamed 'TRY ME TRY ME TRY ME', so I did.....and am loving every second of it. Vampires, pk, questing, clans,....heck, what else do I need?????

Remar :D
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

I came from a MUD called Dominia. They had a thing where if you hit level 70+ 3 times (reincarnation) you could be a vampire.. well I didn't feel like waiting and I came looking for a vampire mud and found vw classic. :D and.. hjere I am
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

I played the original with Jokers. I continued over to Classic after Jokers closed down.

Not exactly sure how I managed to find Joker's...damn that was a long time ago.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
Askim
Ancilla
Clan: Malkavian

Post by Askim »

I believe I found the original on MudConnector and played there for a few months before it shut down, then came back here in 2000 or so and been playing off and on ever since.
---
AsKiM
.o0OMaLkAvIaN MaDnEsSO0o.
damien
Elder
Clan: Malkavian

Post by damien »

I started on a mud called carnage, I think it was worlds of carnage, and it shut down. I started looking for an awesome mud to replace it and this was it.
The Tiny Old Man of Malkavian
Kanyon
Methuselah

Post by Kanyon »

I had some friends from high school that used to play a mud that was called Realm of Seduction that was Vampire like and their uncle was an admin on it called Raslin but that mud closed so we moved to classic and started messing around with Scooby and Dirge. Been playing ever since on and off.
Joker
Neonate

Post by Joker »

One day, many many moons ago I was hiking in a woods in China when a strange mist descended and an eerie silence fell.
Out of the grey mist a large bear loomed up, and beckoned to me to follow... this I did, and we travelled for many miles until he led me to the bottom of a mountain.
As the mists began to clear a little, the earth shook violently and as I looked up a large boulder shot out from a volcanic aperture in the mountain and landed not far from where I was standing.
When the heat dropped enough for me to approach, I closed in on the rock only to discover it was an egg... and as I circled the egg it began to crack.. out of it jumped MONKEY. He proclaimed that I should search for Vampire Wars or some such, and my destiny would be fulfilled.

Or I could have been rather stoned & rat faced on absinthe.

*shrug*

*blink*

What was the question again?
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

LOL. Well we all know you were baked out of your tree when you built the mud.
Reiz
Ancilla

Post by Reiz »

A friend of mine told me about it long time ago.....
No torso rules yet i believe...
My own clannie would torso me for fun... And i did the same :)
It was a crazy clan... We multiplied like rabbits...
Even if we were small we made it up in numbers..
It was great... the clan i was in had the genius idea to gang stake/feed a justi i think.....
Thats when the fun really started.... Every clan went and hunted us.... Fun times :D
Omega and Doink I think were the names of the people who hunted us with passion.... 8O
One of them was nicer than the other I remember that....
Everyone started to switch clan... :roll:
Few more wars... lol actual Vampire Wars happened during a few months... Thats when we stop playing....
Then just recently I just thought of checking this game out again...
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

i think joker was making a very vague suggestion that monkey magic happened to him:)
i used to play a mud with vexen a long time ago. redemption found vw through mudconnector and told me vexen played here so we came to own his ***. **** i wish his cousin played here too so i could smack him around like the red headed step child he is:)
if i could choose who joined this mud from the old one i played it would include nothing, harlem nobody darksun flinx.... there is also a couple of others who play this who used to play twilight of the souls. a vampire ww dragon and later gargoyle mud that although had large player base and unique set up with zones and skills somehow shut down to much dismay from all.