Disciplines

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Disciplines

Post by Sonja »

While I'm not sure if the admins have decided on any, or are looking for suggestions, here are some Mase and I were able to conjure up. While I understand coding is a long a tedious process, we already have all the elements we need (in terms of recycling spells/skills) for SOME disciplines! global summon, causing the ENEMY to flee at will, rot/blight, evileye resued, cocoon would add some sort of golconda flag, reusing scry.
Those are just some of the things I could think of, and I bet you guys could think of even more if we put our heads together.

Anyways, here are some ideas..

Presence
Majesty: Someone attacks you, there's a chance they are stunned for 3 seconds, and another chance they drop their weapon.
Player summon: 50/50 chance global summon, 5 minute cool down. (alteration of the summon code)
Entrancement: Stuns the player for a certain amount of time, usable in battle (with cooldown). (mobs stun code)
Dreadful gaze: Similar to evileye. (evil eye code)

Vicissitude
Regeneration: Reform body parts at will
Rot: similar to blight but more effective
Cocoon: Saftey from sunlight while morted
Some sort of fire breath too?

Dementation
Confuse: Messes with the amount of exits are in the room/statitics of the person fleeing kind of thing
Voice of madness: Makes the person berserk
Coma: Puts the victim to sleep
Eye of chaos: Causes the opponent to flee

Obeah
Panacea: by licking the wounds of another (or yourself) you recover a great amount of hp
Anaesthetic touch: A more powerful form of 'curse' but does not last long.
Third eye: Scry

Thaumaturgy
Thaumaturgic paths:

Water
Eyes of the sea: : Peering into a pool of water (water on the ground, fountain, water container, etc) you basically have the ability to scry
Jail of water: Wall of water blocks one of the selected exit directions. ex: jail n/jail s blocks those ways temporarily or until dismissed.
Dehydrate: The vampire pulls water from the body of the other vampire causing devistating wounds that cause damage over time.

Fire
By spending BP a vampire can create a flame. The flame weakens over time and that effects the effectiveness of the fire-thaum spells/skills that are preformed. A vampire may maintain the fire by spending BP on it over time, as they can now manipulate fire.
Enchanced fireballs: Speaks for itself
Torch: Damage over time spell, sets the vampire on fire much the same as voodoo.

Blood
Taste of blood: By tasting the blood left by other vampires (from their limbs or purely from when they are morted and leave blood) they can find their strength, generation, etc esentially like reading aura.
Blood boil: Boils the other vampire's BP and causes their blood rod to be too hot to touch or bring to lips. Also causes damage.

Corruption
Cripple: Render the opponent unable to move (stun)
Contradict: Causes the victim to do the opposites of their intentions.
Example: north (will go south or east)
Corrupt soul: Causes the victim to completely forget an entire discipline for a certain amount of time

Quietus
Silence of death: Brings you and your opponent to a 'battle zone' type area within which no sounds will be heard (silent). May only be used on a target under 50% or something like that.
Dart: Fires a poison dart within a 3 room radius that stuns the player for a few seconds.
Palm: the skill to pick things up or loot things unnoticed.
Blood poison: Draws a bit of blood to your palm, and if you make a successful punch the target's regeneration will be stunted.

I feel they're more or less in order of coding difficulty sort of. But presence as far as I know could be a quick discipline to code. Just my two cents.
-Sonja
Sonja
Antediluvian

Re: Disciplines

Post by Sonja »

Or we could have brands. For example each god/admin would have a skill/spell/item and the player would choose
who they would want to be branded by. It would be PERMANENT and a server punishment could be to forsake the player.

Example:
finger sonja
Sonja wants you to know it'll never happen.
She is in clan Nosferatu.
She is 1321 years old.
She is branded by: Azazel
She was created Mon Jan 19 20:38:21 2004
She is a Hero.

help brand
(explaination of brands here)

Gods - Grants you:

Azazel The gift to recall from any room in the world.

Devex The power of shadowdance, preform a ritualistic dance and become one with the shadows.
Quickly draining BP, you're in a shadow zone where each exit will lead you to a different random zone. Different from teleport because though it does switch, it is somewhat mappable. One you're out of BP you fade back, and you are unable to drink from your blood rod.

Kaida The power to add 1 hit or 1 dam to a weapon. Beware, the weapon may not be able to hold
such magic and may explode. (So you have the risk of blowing up your talon, say).

Helmut A toggle to your clan hall (basic inventory item, or perhaps a blood rod-toggle?)

Valynn The power to awaken from the dead (when youre morted you can use all your BP to stand up with 1hp again).

finger mase
Mase- The A-Mase-Sing!
http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_ ... mpire+Wars
Vote every day! Best way to attract new blood to the mud.
He is 542 years old.
He is branded by Valynn
He was created Mon Apr 2 14:55:22 2007
He is a Slayer.

Mase chats, 'Valynn you suck and I hate you. I wish I was branded by Azazel, your power sucks'

Mase- The A-Mase-Sing!
http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_ ... mpire+Wars
Vote every day! Best way to attract new blood to the mud.
He is 542 years old.
He has been forsaken by the gods!!
He was created Mon Apr 2 14:55:22 2007
He is a Slayer.

Just some more ideas..
redemption
Ancilla

Post by redemption »

How bout add disciplines for certain clans, so each clan has a discipline that only they have

Make mortis Cappa only

Gangrel protean only but up protean abit, and make it abit more powerful.

Brujah Maybe add temporis

Temporis

Lvl 1 - slow person, (sets them to one status lvl below their own for 3 rounds, two min cooldown or something)
Lvl 2 - Bullet Time, you get 2 extra attacks per round and an extra cast of a spell per round for 3 rounds
Lvl 3 - Statis Stuns the other person for 30 seconds, but that player cannot be attacked while in stasis.

Gangrel

Protean

lvl 1 - nightsight (perm night vision)
lvl 2 - Claws, 2 extra attacks, with claws
Lvl 3 - body of the sun (10 minute cooldown) while in effect other player would take damage as if standing in the sun every round for 3 rounds. (good againts people with high beast)

Obtenebrations

Lvl 1 - Shadow planes - can move between the planes
Lvl 2 - Shadow sight - can see between the planes
lvl 3 - ARM's of the Abyss - an attack used againts players summons shadowy arms that attack the player, and can pull them out of the shadowplanes if they are hiding in them, weather your in the other plane or not.

Obfuscate

how about with obfuscate if you dont' have auspex you cant' see someone that is obfuscated, and if they are above your generation you can't see there their obfuscate either
Valynn
Elder

Post by Valynn »

All are interesting and if I do not hear of any other admin reading thru this I will make sure to have the read and look at these suggestions.

All suggestions and ideas will be considered / looked at even if admin do not respond every time.

I do know that Azazel's main concern at this time is getting the mud back in balance.

As for myself, I would like to see combination disciplines. Similiar to your stances, two basic stances open an advanced stance. Something similiar would be nice to have within the Disciplines.

Auspex / Dominate allows for greater breaking of shield when scrying.
Obtenebration / Obfuscate allows for increased Cloaking ability.
Protean / Sperpentis allows for increased basic attacks of claws and fangs.

or the combination of disciplines opens up a special advanced part of one of the disciplines that would not be available if not in the correct order when you pick your disciplines.

If You pick Fortitude and Serpentis as your first two disciplines, a special would be available where you would have increased AC with Serpents Skin.

or if you picked Celerity and Obtenebration you would have a special open up Shadow Step - the ability to side step into a shadow vortex and end up within 4 rooms away from where you first started.

Just a few more ideas to think about.
ember
Elder

Post by ember »

I like the disc ideas, i have something that i will be working on that should take 2 - 3 weeks, after that I will be starting work on discs. This will be a full new discipline system, I will definately take these ideas on board when working out what I will be doing.

I will however be stealing an idea from ascention by zip, which disappeared a while ago, and was a circle mud. Which I worked on so I don't feel too guilty about stealing Zip's ideas :)
Sonja
Antediluvian

Post by Sonja »

bump
damien
Elder
Clan: Malkavian

Post by damien »

I like the branding idea, liked it when you posted it. I don't think the one hit one dam is that great... and we need our admin back.
The Tiny Old Man of Malkavian
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

I just want something new, even if it's terrible.
damien
Elder

Post by damien »

i don't know much about coding but adding and altering clandisc would be fun. up 3rd genners to 6 clandisc with their clan specific one. Like as the Tiny Old Man of malk I have dementation plus the five i get now. Give all my lil bitees dementation plus a random clandisc i already have. fourth genners would then have five, fifth four etc. make is so you have to be a member of the clan to get the clan spec disc or have one of their justicars teach you. which means no more protean, serpentis and mortis running all willy nilly. it is a huge change but i would like to try it.
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

They should put in an eq slot for a light, and let us put detect hidden on armor runes. Don't even have to put them in the game, just make it so we can create them with qp. I'm sure newbies would appreciate being able to use that newbie light and both weapons. This doesn't really have much to do with disciplines now, but it would make auspex/protean replaceable if we had new ones.
damien
Elder

Post by damien »

I second that.
Sonja
Antediluvian

Post by Sonja »

I think the focus of the admins is aesthetics right now, I just wanted to bump these ideas to get your brains going to come up with simple idea that would be easier to code since we don't have a lot of coding power. I've been looking into some things though and I encourage all of you to do the same.

I think it's more important to focus on smaller changes rather than huge changes. Damien, your idea is a good one, but a lot of work to implement. First things first, you know?
damien
Elder

Post by damien »

Alot of visitors have dogged us on color. I have adjusted my client to color things differently so I can keep up with chatter when i am moving around. Chat and tells come in brighter colors, all yellow and all green. I noticed that the sun rising and setting affects my beast, till golconda of course, so i colored that too.
blart
Ancilla
Clan: Brujah

Post by blart »

All of the ideas are great i do however disagree on the certain clans have certain clandis because everyone wants mortis. Now there used to be certain clans get the first 3 clandis of the one that bit them i like that idea it helps with new clannies. now as for another idea i also think blood rods should also be available to justicars for free like the clan belts because it would help the new clannies out a bit more.

As for the combination of clandis that sounds good harder to code but would be a nice addition. But as for the order it would make it more difficult for the littler ones reclandis like 3 - 4 times in a single bite.
the aspect of the new clandis what sonja commented on in the beginning sounds good however it would make people not wanting to fight in status fights as much because no one would be able to run from the really huge players like the walls to block an exit.

sounds nice but i played a diku mud that had them on the vampire class and there was ways for other classes to flee from the spell power or clandis power. but we deal with only vampires here.

Well that is all i have but then again i run on with nothing no ideas or anything anymore or even at this time. i will have ideas on things here soon you all have just got my head to hurt and i will sleep on the thought.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

lets say the colours here are so bad that i have always used no ansi. other muds i play in colour but here they are just so crap that even though it makes questing easier i never stooped to load it on. i know thats not really constructive but without recoding all the colour dont know what i can do