One time use items

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Hiedric
Ancilla

One time use items

Post by Hiedric »

I was thinking of having some items implemented into the mud that would either pop randomly after being picked up so it would be like finding a quest item. Or, poping on random mobs for the same reason and allow you to do various things like scry, readaura, or even things in battle like an attack, (extra supernat fireball), or a heal, for yourself or another player. I have seen this in alot of games, like support items or something. Magical artifacts that sort of thing. What do people think? 8O
ember
Elder

Re: One time use items

Post by ember »

Hi,

Sounds interesting I will look into this.
Xyrico
Neonate

Re: One time use items

Post by Xyrico »

Here's how it is for me.

I bought CMUD about three years ago when Zuggsoft had a special offer which included getting zMud for free as part of the deal.

The last piece of software I had legitimately paid for before that point had been Diablo 2 in the year 2001. Between approximately 1997 and 2006 (when I actually bought zMUD), I had been using any pirated version of it I could find, usually resulting in having an entirely outdated version installed, since cracks only came out so often. At that point I decided that if, from then on, I was ever to pay for another piece of software in my entire life, I would start with zMUD. I paid with my credit card, got my serial number, and have used it ever since for each new version of zMUD or CMUD with absolutely no regrets.

Regardless of how often the phrase is spoken, it was the best $30 I have ever spent. The client allowed me to easily write essential aliases and certain scripts which I consider a basic necessity of MUD life. I highly encourage anyone who has played MUDs in the past, or has used zMUD as their client of choice, to at least consider contributing to keep Zuggsoft alive. After all, with the onslaught of paid MMORPGs draining the old-school playerbase, they are one of the few commercial places constantly putting money into keeping our hobby alive.

Haha, I know how much this sounds like an advertisement. This seems to be an element of my writing style more than anything else, since the last job I would take would be as a marketer. All I'm saying is that, as a hie-hard pirate, zMUD and CMUD were the only pieces of software I felt passionate enough to pay for as soon as I was able to. 10,000 hours of playtime can't be wrong. Unless MudMaster was still under active development, in which case I'd totally still be using that :P