My Website

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Sami
Antediluvian
Clan: Ventrue

My Website

Post by Sami »

I would like more pics posted on the site of players... if you do not want a pic of yourself than do what Kethry did and give me an animation or artwork... I do those as well. I am updating my website this week and next week.
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
Sami
Antediluvian

Re: My Website

Post by Sami »

I am going to be nice about this. If you are not the owner of the pic or have permission to download the pics then DON'T. I have asked for permission to post these pics through the years and was granted permission by the owner's. This is not my first website of pics this is the third. If you want them then you need not only my permission but the owner's permission as well. I do not like what has been done but I could not stop it before but I have put a stop to it now. And i know nobody asked my permission to download my pics. So please no more.
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
Sami
Antediluvian

Post by Sami »

if you do not see me then you will not get it .. i've asked nicely and politely and was ignored ....i will make sure to let the people know that their pics are being downloaded WITHOUT PERMISSION... i do not like having my personal pictures downlaoded ... THEY DON'T BELONG TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION.
Taipan
Elder

Post by Taipan »

What's the John Dory Sam?
Mordent
Ancilla

Post by Mordent »

If people are downloading pics you don't want them to download you should look into something like Thickbox. It should be relatively simple to implement into your site (by adding something like class="thickbox()" into the image links).

This will trigger one of those nice pop-up windows that displays the full size image while not allowing the user to right-click and get the "save as" option.
I am powerful, I am immortal,
I am cursed, I am the Darkness,
I am Brujah.
Alakina
Ancilla

Post by Alakina »

If people want them *bad* enough, they can be obtained through screenshotting the page after it's loaded.
It's not about dying for my clan.
It's about making that other bastard die for his!
Mordent
Ancilla

Post by Mordent »

Yeah, that's true. I guess just b/c *I* would never take a screenshot of a page just to get a pic doesn't mean someone else wouldn't do it. But, if they want the pic *that* bad the least you can do is make obtaining it as inconvenient as possible for them.

Besides, anyone who actually shares their personal pics on the net probably already understands to a degree that they're sharing their pic with every sick, twisted psycho out there. Hence why some of us refuse to give them out in the first place. :twisted:
I am powerful, I am immortal,
I am cursed, I am the Darkness,
I am Brujah.
Sami
Antediluvian

Post by Sami »

Mordent wrote:Yeah, that's true. I guess just b/c *I* would never take a screenshot of a page just to get a pic doesn't mean someone else wouldn't do it. But, if they want the pic *that* bad the least you can do is make obtaining it as inconvenient as possible for them.

Besides, anyone who actually shares their personal pics on the net probably already understands to a degree that they're sharing their pic with every sick, twisted psycho out there. Hence why some of us refuse to give them out in the first place. :twisted:
lol... YOu're telling me that VW players are sick and twisted? Yeah i know but the link was coming from only here through the forums. I love taking pics and sharing my adventures with everyone but when it comes to pictures of my daughter i draw the line . but they not only got those but pics of some of the immortals that i have as well. i know some of you guys don't mind people having them but it's without permission and i hate and despise that with a passion. I always ask first and foremost. i just took the link off and if anyone wants to see the pics and the website they have to go through me :D so now i have no worries.. and I've already talked to smile he understands why i won't let anyone have it anymore.