Gulf Oil Spill

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Azazel
Admin

Gulf Oil Spill

Post by Azazel »

Boo BP :P

Az
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Re: Gulf Oil Spill

Post by Sonja »

What's done is done I guess, it's so sad. Thank God we have people like Bair who actually RELOCATE to help clean up the mess.

LOL. But seriously. I'm just interested to see how we look back on it in 20 years.
Radek
Elder
Clan: Brujah

Post by Radek »

Won't someone please think of the childr.... animals?

heard a hurricane might hit the area of the oil spill which means the current tankers trying to clean up the mess will have to clear away.
Radek, He Who is....
Brujah Justicar
Hiroshima
Ancilla
Clan: Malkavian

Post by Hiroshima »

I think that BP are joking with the sign and I think that the disaster will leave this planet with problems for years to come.

When are we gonna realise that our dependance on fosil fuels is probably gonna be one of main reasons for the human race becoming extinct?

If you want a car that goes fast and looks good but is not a fosil fuel burning monster then how about...

Battery powered!

Acceleration
Base: 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds
Sport: 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds

Top Speed 125 mph (electronically limited)

Range 245 miles

Expected Battery Life Seven years or 100,000 miles.

just a thought!
I am gonna be on rarely now till at least June.
kurtap
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Post by kurtap »

Cool but what does it cost?
Hiroshima
Ancilla

Post by Hiroshima »

£86,950

So tons less than some mental machines!

A Lambo for instance is over £200,000!
Hiroshima
Ancilla

Post by Hiroshima »

£86,950

So tons less than some mental machines!

A Lambo for instance is over £200,000!
Askim
Ancilla

Post by Askim »

That sign you posted is not a joke, it was at stations long before the gulf spill and will probably be there long after. I used to work at a BP owned station, so I know.
---
AsKiM
.o0OMaLkAvIaN MaDnEsSO0o.
Arkhinor
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Arkhinor »

TopGear did a segment on that Tesla
Frigger has an epic amount of battery power.. something equivalent to 10k laptop batteries sitting in the rear middle of the body.. so everytime you hit a corner its like tryna drive with a lump of lead carried with momentum every time you turn. Enjoy that.

Honda brought out the FCX hydrogen fuel cell. You guys have hydro' stations over there dont ya? Many hydro cars gettin around? ... anyone even pay attention to that?
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
Sami
Antediluvian
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Sami »

I will not comment on this convo... because Az it's not just BP's fault but other's as well ... like Haliburton..Obama....... n/m no comments. :D
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

That's hilarious. People said "wow, Obama did something we approve of" when he opened more drilling. Now the same people are blaming him. I know, I live in this region too. Halliburton = Cheney's company which means that Bush/Obama have a hand in this. Oh wait - now we're getting somewhere since both of them are pawns of people who are much more powerful.....

I think most of y'all don't realize how dependent our society is on petrochemicals. A few solar powered cars isn't going to ween us off of it.

I mean, we need to be weened off - but it is NOT simple.
Sami
Antediluvian
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Sami »

Azazel wrote:That's hilarious. People said "wow, Obama did something we approve of" when he opened more drilling. Now the same people are blaming him. I know, I live in this region too. Halliburton = Cheney's company which means that Bush/Obama have a hand in this. Oh wait - now we're getting somewhere since both of them are pawns of people who are much more powerful.....

I think most of y'all don't realize how dependent our society is on petrochemicals. A few solar powered cars isn't going to ween us off of it.

I mean, we need to be weened off - but it is NOT simple.

the oil company's will not let us get weened off ... they want us DEPENDENT on the darn oil. ... i want more solar powered, electrical cars... we need to tell these big arses that they are not the boss of us and we can do what we want and build what we want. if it takes all of us to think of new ideas to tell the oil companies where to shove it ... just maybe.. maybe we'll get somewhere. but as long as we are dependent on this oil ... our society is doomed.
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
blart
Ancilla
Clan: Brujah

Post by blart »

Arkhinor wrote:TopGear did a segment on that Tesla
Frigger has an epic amount of battery power.. something equivalent to 10k laptop batteries sitting in the rear middle of the body.. so everytime you hit a corner its like tryna drive with a lump of lead carried with momentum every time you turn. Enjoy that.

Honda brought out the FCX hydrogen fuel cell. You guys have hydro' stations over there dont ya? Many hydro cars gettin around? ... anyone even pay attention to that?
No hydro yet but would love to see them in my area. guess i will be waiting till i die because of our goverment.
Lathus
Ancilla

Post by Lathus »

as someone who lives in FLA, the whole thing sucks