Some "new" ideas of mine, post yours here

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Some "new" ideas of mine, post yours here

Post by Derubael »

I say "new" because someone may have suggested these before. Just fun to bounce ideas around. Even if you think your idea would never be used post it here!
Questing +%Xp on gear

This would have to be a very low percentage. Probably just one, maybe even half a point. It would have to cost about a hundred qps to be introduced as a bonus for warrior, or 200 for destroyer. Optionally, you could allow for multiple instances of this to be quested on one piece of gear for the same cost, people would then get "xp" sets. Obviously there would still need to be a max

The Trouble With Mortis

Lets face it. Mortis is a requirement at mid to high lvl pk. If you dont have it, the other guy will and youre probably dead. Mortis has only one application, pk. So why not have a disc with only one application, stopping mortis.

Divine Undeath ( or whatever)
Your Vampiric Undeath is shielded from dark power.

Sancitify the Undead - Chance to reflect Blight or Blackdeath back to opponent.

Undead clairvoyance - Adds miss chance to opponents Blight and Blackdeath.

Now we have two very strong powers to choose from when going all out pk. This makes getting mortis iffy, but not an altogether bad idea. And people who want another option or liked pk before mortis may take new disc.

The Clans
Hate to say it but it might be time to pull a clan. Maybe two. Need more input but it seems more people in less clans = more wars etc.

A Matter of Honor...
Cant stand that one guy who logs everytime you want to fight? Wont accept your challenges? And hes the only one in your status bracket? That becomes a matter of honor my friend.

A Matter of Honor (or wtf ever):
If you have X number (lets say ten) of challenges declined or not responded to from the same player, over as many logins, on the x challenge both players will be instantly transported to a random combat venue (lost city, drow...) at which point a gate will be locked and the players will fight to the death. Or just into the arena w/e. This encourages players who dont want to fight toget up and try to jump for an advantage before they get forced into arena. Besides, everyone hates status huggers.

New spells/discs/etc
Seems to be that gas has been and always will be bash spell and fireball will always be pk spell. What about the addition of something a little different? Spells that blow your opponent into another room unstanced (low chance for success of course) would make a good alternate escape when u couldnt get away from curse. Psionic attacks that stun (this could be a disc, and would be very short). Combat techniques, such as using move and hp as a casting cost to deal extra damage for X number of rounds. Or sacrificing attack power to draw aggro from mobs without rescue. These at the end are all just thrown together so that this post looks full =P

POST YOUR IDEAS!! ill put anymore i come up with on here!!
wtf
Lathus
Ancilla

Re: Some "new" ideas of mine, post yours here

Post by Lathus »

i like the spell that could knock your opponent into another room unstanced, but if the spell is sucessful there will be spell lag so your opponent would have the chance to run quickly while you are lagged, or regen up real quick then enter your room with a magic missle/stance and maybe get the upper hand. i like it!
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

I know it has been suggested many times, but can we add a curse function to summon? Or atleast lessen the lag to summon, not that I mind arena so much but I do miss the days when hunting was paramount and running was a skill instead of hiding in clan hall because lets face it unless you get a group of three people together the person will easily recall when you summon them unless you catch them totally off guard no checking where.

I would second Derus idea of maybe trimming a couple of clans off atm just until activity picks up more, but then again just like Gangrel now I would hate to see all the status get stuck in one clan.

I have trouble with a matter of honor idea that Derubael has, in theory it would work, but I would really hate to get champ for instance, and someone who hasn't logged on in a few years logs on and spams challenges me and then i'm stuck in a area that i can't get out of and I don't have any knowledge of said persons skills or abilitys as a player, atleast give me a chance lol. Just this idea would seem that it would come to who can spam challenge the quickest.

Lets change stake, lol justicars one hour when staked! Or atleast make a special stake that can do this for us.

Finally let us mset Derubael to 1 hp!
Sami
Antediluvian
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Sami »

how about a way to block people from killing the quest guardian ... since they want to be rude and ignorant to others... some of us quest when we're bored with bashing. and others are still questing cuz they need it.
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

quest guardian is best way for evil aligned players to gear up when newbies
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

quest guardian can repop quite quickly, just leave area for a minute or two and pop, back in action. Don't see that as a real big deal.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

mirage stop copying my posts:)
ghnat wrote:quest guardian is best way for evil aligned players to gear up when newbies
Mirage wrote:The quest guardian also carries a decent equipment set for newbies!
damien
Elder
Clan: Malkavian

Post by damien »

for a while now i have been trying to figure out how exactly all the stances work. though i really like the discriptors, i find that i only use three stances when i am not just playing around. i think it would be cool if the stance you take gave you bonuses to things like magic use and magic defense or, what is probably already there, to a dodge bonus and hit bonus. for example unstaced a fireball is unfeasably hard, so you take a mage's stance, like crane and you hit unbelievably hard. I don't know the secrets ot the stances but i would liek to see people use more than two.
The Tiny Old Man of Malkavian
Tyron
Methuselah
Clan: Nosferatu

Post by Tyron »

perhaps one clan closed would be a good idea
would make pk and wars more fun...

Tyron Da Head Nut
Justicar of clan Malkavian
Mase
Ancilla

Post by Mase »

I like the idea of better-defined stances so they're useful in specific situations.

Just curious about why people think closing clans would "= more wars etc" and "make pk and wars more fun". I think the potential benefit is that you wouldn't have as many inactive justicars, but that has nothing to do with pk. The way I see it, if players are evenly distributed across the clans (which they're not), two clans means I'm eligible to cap 50% of the playerbase, three clans means I'm eligible to cap 66% of the playerbase, four means 75%, etc. The more players in OTHER clans, the more people you can fight on a regular basis.

I know people fantasize about two or three big clans with a massive war, but in reality, that's not much fun. No one ever pictures themselves as the loser - constantly staked and fed because you're "at war", little chance to actually play the game. These situations always end up with griefers, broken rules and players quitting. Constant intraclan status warfare? Great. Hunting down, staking and feeding every Brujah fighter because justicars were throwing around a few insults? Not so great.
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

Theres a really easy idea to this massive clan war that many people have always fantasized about and its within our grasp.

Infact mirage has already given us the tools to do it if he would agree. Set our Juniors to 2 seperate clans with drawings and set up the whole teams in the arena and say have at it drop X amount of stakes and last team standing wins!
damien
Elder
Clan: Malkavian

Post by damien »

i am down for this pk that doesn't involve the loss of hard earned brownies, nod and such.
The Tiny Old Man of Malkavian
Mase
Ancilla

Post by Mase »

Damerion wrote:Theres a really easy idea to this massive clan war that many people have always fantasized about and its within our grasp.

Infact mirage has already given us the tools to do it if he would agree. Set our Juniors to 2 seperate clans with drawings and set up the whole teams in the arena and say have at it drop X amount of stakes and last team standing wins!
Or just have them cap, or mort, since it's a fabricated scenario and "losing" won't result in the consequences of an actual stake or anything else. A reasonable idea that some people may find fun, but it doesn't actually address the concerns of my post.
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

The idea of dropping a clan is not JUST for wars, that was just an example.

Its nice to have clannies on constantly. **** ran outta steam for this post
wtf
Biznasty
Neonate
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Biznasty »

Suggestion:

Executioner should not decap on escape if the escape was caused by PK instead of mobs. Morting someone only to have them bailed out by the executioner at pretty much no penalty to them (training an immunity? big deal, compared to being capped or staked) sucks, and is completely against what I imagine the intent of making the executioner decap people was (to make them twice before escaping).
blart
Ancilla
Clan: Brujah

Post by blart »

Here is an idea make executioner stake /decap when people escape to avoid pk or what ever. makes people think real hard about escaping.
Valynn
Elder

Post by Valynn »

Escaping should NEVER be safe......
Sami
Antediluvian

Post by Sami »

blart wrote:Here is an idea make executioner stake /decap when people escape to avoid pk or what ever. makes people think real hard about escaping.

if that happens .. there will be a mess load of players needing nod again ...this is inlcuding you too.. rebites and vouches are fine for some of us.. but losing nod to the execuioner ... um don't think so. we already take the chance of a decap .... and you might not see a lot of players play anymore if the executioner stakes. do you really want to lose the pbase again? i mean it's getting up there ... maybe not what it used to be but it's geting back to something decent.
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
kurtap
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Post by kurtap »

If people quit because the executioner stakes then they're just being a wuss. What about having him not cure poison. It always bugs me when I'm trying to kill someone and he cures them. Could also make protean more desirable.
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

Yes lets have exec stake peoples nod for escaping. Good call.

Exec cure poisoning your morted target is NOT going to make u lose ur cap unless it takes you 5 mins to get to exec. That comment was just silly.

Exec cures poison for a reason. Its because if youve been playing for maybe a total of 30 hrs and some prick thinks it will be funny to mort and poison u and no one else is on well. That player is gonna quit.

Kurtap you can sit here and say oh theyre ******* if they quit blah blah. Guess what? We need all the players we can get. Any changes that could potentially LOSE players is an assinine idea.

No, escaping should never be safe. We all know this. On the other hand, if youre going to escape cap/stake someone, youre probably never going to be safe either. Frankly escape caps have faded recently because we are such a tight knit pbase. If we can MAKE A LARGER PBASE all those wacky fun things like escape caps regular torsos etc can come back in abundance.
wtf
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

I would much rather executioner never stake, its bad enough escaping from quests and runs that we have to team up in and get capped by the executioner.

Which is frustrating enough as is
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

How about this - a new bashing area, 20k plus recommended, witha room like mirrors but with sancd fireshield mobs instead. Have them give excellent xp. Would be happy to write a bunch of rooms for a small area to house these.
wtf
Sami
Antediluvian

Post by Sami »

Derubael wrote:How about this - a new bashing area, 20k plus recommended, witha room like mirrors but with sancd fireshield mobs instead. Have them give excellent xp. Would be happy to write a bunch of rooms for a small area to house these.

recommended? no i say REQUIRED
Sami
Antediluvian

Post by Sami »

how about a way to quest saves on gear .. even if it is -1 or -2 ... nothing too big. or even age bonuses back :P
Last edited by Sami on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
kurtap
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Post by kurtap »

what ever happened to the re-mort idea with a bonus to base hit dam?
Sactravas
Neonate

Post by Sactravas »

Let malks cap each other!

(malks have a tendancy to think they are apart of other clans so why not make that possable?)

So many clandisc and abilites out there from wod and vampires: blah blah that could be added to give more of a mix

Auspex :

- Precognition - chance to get another attack and defense - +2 upkeep passive ability

- Spirit Bond - chance to teleport to a mob but needs to be trained up like a stance, and to do that you teleport to low mobs and eventually to hard mobs can make it not work on high end areas for the reasons known - activatable ability

- Ecstatic Agony - 15-25% you hit a little harder - passive ability

Celerity :

Flawless Parry - Perfectly Parry attacks at the cost of no offensive for a round or 2 - activatable ability in combat
Flower of Death - Extra attacks - passive ability
Paragon of Motion - Less chance of being blocked - passive ability
Stutter-Step - Extra chance to parry/defend attacks - passive ability

Fortitude :

Sensory Shield - Extra AC and less damage from the sun
Repair the Undead Flesh - slow regenerates damage taken over time
Curse the Laurel - Slowley move stakes from the heart (useful if you implement new stake stuff)
Stand Against All Foes - cant be moved from your spot (defense against that spell previously as well as The Gentle Rebuke)

Potence :

Prowess - use your own blood to refuel yourself (substainable blood pool)
Master of the Forge - Ability to increase the edge of the weapons (increased damage to weapons)
The Gentle Rebuke - force a player into another room (use for pk or to force players into a private room)
The Forger's Hammer - add damage over time to weapons (aggrevated damage aka bleed damage)
Touch of Pain - instant damage attack

Animalisium :

Conquer the Beast - enter a frenzy and leave a frenzy at will ( extra attacks or hit/dam)
Taunt the Caged Beast - Cause a frenzy in another vampire (prevent attacks for a round)
Unchain the Ferocious Beast - Cause a target's Beast to tear at them from within (damage over time for a short time)

Presence :

Awe - Extra hit/dam maybe saves?
Dread Gaze - instant damage attack maybe put a timer on it so it cant be use a ton in combat
Entrancement - another form of command but maybe only on guardian demons and clones?
Majesty - extra parry chance

Domination :

Still the Mortal Flesh - prevent someone from attacking for a round
Tyrant's Gaze - Reduce str/dex a little on player
Mass Manipulation - good for runs if the leader needs to command a bunch of people
Tranquility - to counter the Unchain the Ferocious Beast

Obfuscate

Cloak of Shadows - Cant be seen as long as you dont move
Cloak the Gathering - Pull other people into shadow
Unseen Presence - invis to all unless you attack someone or something
Conceal - improvement over hide provides an additional attack if you attack first and you stay hidden - passive ability
Mental Maze - prevents someone from leaving an area good flee tactic improved over c curse
Mind Blank - protection from read aura

Thaumatergy

Setup the paths - I dont know much of the diff paths but im sure someone could shine some light on this

The Path of Blood
The Lure of Flames
Movement of the Mind
The Path of Conjuring
Hands of Destruction

Serpentis

Mummify - cannot be attacked by players or mobs and cannot attack
Skin of the Adder - increased AC
Heart Thief - Pull someone elses heart to replace yours
Mark of Damnation - makes all mobs attack that player on sight
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

Wow! Props to sactravas for typing that out! Believe it or not many of the things youre talking about are in fact implemented in some form or another. I wont go into detail as im sure everyone can figure most of these out, but there are some new ones i like. Anything with a stun is always fun, for example.
wtf
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

Good god sami age will never be brought back. At least I hope.

In theory i think this is such a cool idea. A milenias old vampire should always be uber powerful. Unless those thousands of years were spent chatting in ch, in which case age falls apart.

I think the only way age could rly be brought back is if it was put on some kind of linear sliding scale, with power from age dependant on size, that way, even tho sami is 750 yrs older than me, for example, but im lets say 2k bigger, we should be about even because im getting more of an age bonus from my age than her.

But this would be really difficult to put in, and even more so to test.

So, in conclusion, **** age.
wtf
Sactravas
Neonate

Post by Sactravas »

Yeah I tried to make it perty, thing i do when im trying to ignore annoying customers at work

Those are just some discs that are in the game is presence in the game i havn't really looked at the discs since i was vamped

I would also love pieced armor sets, such as a chest piece you have to gather items to create then forge it. after the forging of the main piece goto various mobs to get more pieces, as you get the parts it gets better -ac and better hit/dam.

example

Main chest Piece
shoulder left
shoulder right
neck guard - necklaces are seperate from this
Waist guard - has nothing to do with belt

something like that just another idea to consider

also like the idea of blood points use for something so instead of sack corpse drink corpse to aquire blood points which acts the same as sacing a corpse.
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

I really like that forged armor idea. Especially in the case of a chestpiece because we are sorely lacking a godly piece of chest eq. Forging one would be sooooo sweet.
wtf
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

Bumping this thread to get my post count up, ALSO:

WE NEED NEW BASHING AREAS FOR 12K+

Please, if you agree with me post here. Some new runs would be nice as well but the bashing areas are most important. Everybody from 9k-25k bashing drikna just DOES NOT WORK.

If you agree with me post here.
wtf
franky
Neonate

Post by franky »

Derubael wrote:
WE NEED NEW BASHING AREAS FOR 12K+

Please, if you agree with me post here. Some new runs would be nice as well but the bashing areas are most important. Everybody from 9k-25k bashing drikna just DOES NOT WORK.

If you agree with me post here.
I agree. Everyone from 5864-25k* bashing at Drik'na does not work. We can also raise the exp/difficulty of some existing bashing are if new areas are not an option.
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

i'm building fast as i can lol...
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

Damerion wrote:i'm building fast as i can lol...

You're actually building an area?
-Helmut
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

Helmut wrote:

AYE! He is!

Everybody give props to dam for workin on an area!!

as soon as i have my internet fixed on my comp I will be grabbing a copy of the vw builder and trying my literary imagination at an area of my own. Just to add more healthy competition between dam and i :P
wtf
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

Helmut wrote:

Aye i'm doing my best to get some out hopefully they will be accepted lol
franky
Neonate

Post by franky »

random idea.

i actually thought of this a couple of weeks ago when i went to watch thor. after the movie i had a burning desire to obtain the bamf hammer mjonior just to find out the weapon actually sucks despite it being in a 5k+ area. vw did not do this weapon justice, imo. at that moment of despair, i reached an epiphany. mjonior deserves better!

i propose we revamp the electrified spell on weapons. instead of it being a weaker version of flaming(fireball), make it cast call lightning. but also buff call lightning. call lightning is such a cool spell. it requires you to be outdoors and have bad weather to work but yet it is no better than earthquake. this will give players another weapons they can use to bash.

what ya think?

franky
UnTeR
Neonate

Post by UnTeR »

Most of these ideas seem really interesting, and i think anything that adds diversity and a unique sense to the feel of the gameplay allows us to avoid slowly dying the same death that all godwarsy muds seem to be suffering :P