suggestion to admin

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Smile
Neonate

suggestion to admin

Post by Smile »

so i've just come back and probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I hear there has been a cool addition of great equipment that lasts for a limited time.
From what I understand, the timer counts down from the moment you first use (wear/wield) the item.
This is very cool - but I was thinking you could also make some items with a shorter lifespan, but where the counter only ticks whilst you're wearing the item.

This way, people would switch gear for pk - and it would be in everyone's interest for fights not to last too long. Maybe it would encourage people to flee a bit less... I dunno. Anyway - thought it would be interesting anyway, and worth suggesting.

Smile/Smial
"It's a balancing act on the edge of a paradox, but it works... At least until it doesn't..." (O;?
Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Re: suggestion to admin

Post by Derubael »

These limited timer items last quite some time - in many cases, nearly a hundred game years or more. The timer only ticks down while your logged in. Also, these limited timer items, while not easy to get, are not hard to get either. Most of the time us big guys will do 10-20 runs in a few hours. In any case, not trying to shoot down your idea, just putting in my two cents. This post should be moved to my ideas thread!

:P
wtf
Smile
Neonate

Re: suggestion to admin

Post by Smile »

thanks for making me feel heard Deru (;
aye I've seen now that anklets last aaages - so maybe some timed pk eq which only counts down when being worn could be made, but with really really short times - like a few (real time) hours being worn only? Could be interesting. Better not forget to remove em when the fight is over (; could even be a toggleable aura or something, that lasts a short time and counts down when it's on.
"It's a balancing act on the edge of a paradox, but it works... At least until it doesn't..." (O;?