New mud connecter description for VW

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

New mud connecter description for VW

Post by Derubael »

The flicker of steel came fast. Too fast. The figure in front of him moved with inhuman grace and speed, and each blow would have been mortal had it struck. The whirring of his opponents blades was a blur in front of him, and each of his parries came a little slower than the last. I can't keep this up, he thought. He was tiring, and yet his attacker was only getting faster, stronger. Another blinding slash was parried, but then an offhand thrust pierced clean through his knee and brought him down. He threw a slash aimed at the head, but the man in front of him leaned away with impossible speed, before launching a devastating cut with his other sword that took off his arm at the elbow. A boot flew into his chest, knocking him down and wrenching the sword free from his knee. In the night sky he could see the moon casting its glow, and the smell of his own blood made him gag. he was mortally wounded, and spraying blood everywhere. 'Do it!' He spat at the man. No, not a man. This was an immortal. A vampire. And he had failed to destroy the undead abomination.

"'Do it?'" He said, his voice dripping in irony. 'I bring you a sweet gift - death - though not the kind you ask for.' The vampire grabbed his hair and wrenched him to his knees, and before he could even breathe sunk his fangs deep into his neck. 'We are family now, childe. We have a long journey ahead - now REST!' The last word rung in his head like a thousand church bells, and his world faded to darkness.

'Welcome to the Vampire Wars, childe.'

Vampire Wars is purely a vampire mud. There are no werewolves, no knights, no princesses. Mortals are merely food for the slaughter. In this world, you learn fast or you die. Vampire Wars is a PK mud, and you will need to Decaptitate opponents at your status to gain power and respect.

This is the longest running Vampire-Wars mud, and thousands of players have explored the realm. We have a dedicated and hard working team of admins, as well as a very newbie friendly playerbase for those who are new to the mud. Old players will find many new things upon returning - content has been updated frequently for quite some time - but will find it simple to ease back into the game.

We make no promises, except that you WILL be killed, and you WILL seek vengeance. Enjoythe best PK on any mud, epic area and mob designs, and a battleground mode designed to pit Clan vs Clan in an explosive war for supremecy. There are many more features, too many to list here, so come and see for yourself! Vampire Wars is constantly evolving, and you never know what will lurk around the next corner. You can only be sure of one thing - My blade is swinging for your neck!

This is a very rough draft that i wrote while taking a ****. Probably too long, but gives a good feel for the mud without giving too much away. Let me know what you all think so i can edit, chop, or rewrite the whole damn thing if need be.

Please post some kind of comment - if you hate it, say so, you wont hurt my feelings and i cab rewrite a different one
wtf
Damerion
Elder

Re: New mud connecter description for VW

Post by Damerion »

+1

I enjou
Omnis
Ancilla
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Omnis »

Here here! Good job Deru!
. . .Everything and Nothing at the Same Time. . .
The thoughts you are thinking,
The keys you type on,
The love you feel,
The hatred,
Omnis
blart
Ancilla
Clan: Brujah

Post by blart »

Well it is long but all in all it was very good.
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

blart wrote:Well it is long but all in all it was very good.
The final draft will (hopefully) be chopped a bit, because aye, i agree its too long.

Is there any info im missing here? Remember, the idea here is im trying to catch players eye with not just the story (which will hopefully keep them reading through to the end), but also with the mud itself.

Alot of times, this may be our first and only impression we get upon a new plsyer. it has to he perfect.

Any thoughts?
wtf
andrraya
Neonate
Clan: Malkavian

Post by andrraya »

O.o

I don't like it...

I LOVE it. (:

Great job, D!
franky
Neonate
Clan: Gangrel

Post by franky »

I read this while taking a **** also. And I think I just jizzed into the toilet. Well done, sir.

Franky
Joker
Neonate

Post by Joker »

Here are the rules for updating the TMC mud description.

Section IV: Please Describe Your Mud

Enter the description you would like displayed for your mud. Your mud description is limited to only 35 lines of text (HTML is not permitted), each line may not exceed 70 characters (this restriction is necessary to minimize horizontal scrolling within many web browsers). Your mud's description should be as detailed as possible, sparse or otherwise non-informative descriptions may be rejected and require more detailed descriptions to be submitted.
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

Thanks joker! Im slightly over the limit, and wanted to cut this down a bit anyway - will post a "final" copy for the mud to view/comment/tear apart sometime this week
wtf
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

Where are we at with this?
-Helmut
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

Final copy will be posted friday.

Been busy hacking down blackberry bushes with a machete. Dont ask
:lol:
wtf
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

:(
But But Blackberry bushes are good!! I guess you don't like blackberries?
-Helmut
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

the machete was hungry
:lol:
wtf
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

Sorry i havent gotten to this yet - i should get a chance to do so tomorrow.
wtf