What the hell is the matter with some of you?

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

cyan
Ancilla
Clan: Gangrel

What the hell is the matter with some of you?

Post by cyan »

You can read this and contribute constructively.
You can read this and display your pompousness.
Either way, I don't care, but if you just want to boohoo over most of the recent stuff, your cries are falling upon deaf ears.

Here it goes, brutally honest.

Someone is always going to be bigger than you.
Someone is always going to be smaller than you - In most cases.
Someone is always going to be able to put in 20,30, 40 hours a week more than you.

It's not this way JUST on this mud. This pretty much applies to every sort of MUD and MMORPG out there. It sucks that maybe you work 50 hours a week and can't play as much as some of us who have different situations, but tantruming and dogging on others because they have more time than you ... That's just unnecessary - And that's just life in general.

Things like elites were a vacation of sorts. I'm sorry that some people chose not to kill them as often as possible while they were on and gave more exp. Theyve been in the game for months and I've killed JUST one. But I'm not gunna cry because I chose not to take advantage of them. Seriously, I was happy for the exp that JUST ONE brought.

A hot issue lately has been smaller people getting stuck in clans without bigger players to help and people clan hopping. Why? Instead of bigger people moving around or instead of getting little people to move around, help them out but DONT pull them into your clan. Why let the clans die out and lump all of the possibilities of status into one or two clans. Let them remain in their clan but help them along anyway.

If you're gonna help someone like that, help them to stay on a competitive level. Don't give them the crappiest of gear and just be like Oh, whatever. Show your damn spirit. It sucks when you gear a hundred people up and they quit, but that's just the way it goes. Some people are new to mudding or to VW and simply put, they ARE going to do that. Stop letting it get you down, stop taking it so personal, and get over it. We hate to see players go because they're "bored," but there are still things that could be done to contribute to the game while other options for nearly maxed out players are explored by the admin. Make an area. Help smaller players even if they aren't your clannies. Post some ideas. Make a new character. Stop using size or the work that other people are doing as a reason to be a **** or ***** about.

It's a pk game. Some people cry each and every time they get capped. Here it is folks. Some things were implemented in the game to present the challenge or the ease of PK. There's nothing cheap about sneaking up on someone bashing. There's nothing cheap about hunting someone and catching them off guard while they're bashing. Getting capped after escaping sucks, but well, that's not really cheap either. And there's nothing cheap about just capping someone. Upcapping sucks too, but if you put yourself in the position to be capped, cap em/stake em/torso em back, but if they continue to beat you, well.... Get bigger and stronger. No need for more than a minute or two of complaining. Really, it's TERRIBLY unbecoming and so are all of the delete threats. Really, it is. My 10-year-old plays online games and gets PKd alot and doesn't act like that. She just says it sucks, gets up, recollects herself, and goes on.

We get that not everyones a justicar, but do you REALLY have to have a damn title by your name to help others enjoy the game? Do you really need to that to show actual new players around and help them take interest? If so, I hate to be the one to inform you but you're pretty self-centered and there's no need to wonder why the game is slowly dying.

Some of the behavior as of late is childish. Sh!tty for a lack of better word.

Last summer I invited a player. For five straight days, NO ONE but me said a word to her. When she trained avatar at 1k, someone well into/above slayer status decided they didnt like her justicar and kept staking and torsoing her. Needless to say, she hasn't been back since a day or two after that. The person in particular was an EXCELLENT player on the clones, not to mention she was sweet and is always glad to help others. She just didn't know her way around Classic. It's against the rules for starters, but with all the immediate cold-shoulder, does anyone really suspect someone that's a shy person to stick around...? Would you stick around a new game in that kind of situation?

It goes really without saying.

MudConnector still remains probably the largest source of traffic to the game, and it appears to mostly do so when we're listed in the Top 10. Honestly, I dont vote cause I don't like signing up for stuff to cast a vote. But I HAVE written reviews about the game on review sites. They get shared in social networking feeds as well as invitations to the game. You can do this on your Facebook accounts, Twitter, Tumblr, set the website URL as your status on your instant messengers.

Feel free to rant back at me, add constructively to the conversation. Hate me if you want, I didn't give a damn yesterday if most of ya'll hated me and I'm not about to start. Those people who need to grow up and wanna cry a river of tears because they're not getting their way every blink of an eye...Either stfu or take a sinking swim into your river of tears and let others enjoy the game.
Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Re: What the hell is the matter with some of you?

Post by Derubael »

Where the **** is my **thumbsup** emoticon?
Whatever *thumbs up*
wtf
Omicron
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Re: What the hell is the matter with some of you?

Post by Omicron »

Hey man...Nice Shot...:D