Some suggestions for new fun features

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

Xaethra
Ancilla

Some suggestions for new fun features

Post by Xaethra »

Hey ppl, Xaethra here, old player starting again. Just wanted to post some suggestions for features in the game that I thought could be fun.

1. Betting on arena matches
I have a vague memory of this being in the MUD before.. but maybe I'm imagining things. Well, in the grandstand put a betmachine/mob, max bet like 50 or 100qps. Get it right you win 1.5-2x, get it wrong you lose all of the bet.
Pretty simple I guess. Shouldnt be abused since who likes to get capped right?, and challenges are usually pretty even if accepted.

2. CTF arena
A small area, maybe 10x3 big, could be different size limited like some battlegrounds. Teams of 2 or 3. Each team starts in one end, need to get to the other side, kill the mob/player guarding the other teams flag (an item you can pick up, and can only be picked up when you are in the room alone), then take it and deposit at their own starting point (ofc cant be deposited when in combat). Dead players respawn with full health/buffs after 15-20 seconds. First team to have taken 3 flags wins. Could work, and be fun? Timeout should be 15 minutes or so, after that the team with most taken flags wins automatically, and if the score are even, make it 5 min overtime and if it still even no-one wins.

Teams have to group up somehow and accepting a challenge for the match to start. If ppl are interested we could arrange it once a week or smth :)

OBSERVE - Teams do not necessarily have to be members of the same clan, this just to be able to make small or inactive clans part of it. They can just team up with an ally from another clan and duke it out.

As for rewards I'm not sure, but maybe we could tie it in to the lineage/battleground system as an additional way of earning points for yourself/your clan.
Items that spoil the fun shouldnt be able to be used (bombs etc.).

Hmm, this is all I have right now, but ill post again if I come up with something more.

Suggestions and criticism please, I know im new and there are probably things stopping this to work, but I would like to know so I can update my ideas ;)
Omicron
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Re: Some suggestions for new fun features

Post by Omicron »

i like the idea of a ctf arena...i have always liked ctf and it would prolly be a cool addition.