cool stuff

VW::Classic Players and admin can have general conversation here, all topics must be non-profane in nature

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut

UnTeR
Neonate

cool stuff

Post by UnTeR »

This place needs something to do besides eq runs, questing, and bashing.
I vote fightstyles. Would be cool if there were like 4 different styles, and you could specialize in one, allowing the player to train it higher than the other 3. Would make for some pk diversity, and also give us something else to train.

The addition of some new magical weapons would be neat, and would be pretty easy from the admin's point of view to implement obviously.

Would be interesting if kick was made a bit more useful, perhaps a little less avg damage than fireball, but a chance of a stun that lags the opponent for a round or two.

Lucient brought up the idea a while back of an xp boost based on how long the player stayed logged in, would be an incentive to hard core grind xp for most players.

Animal familiars, that help out in combat and gain stats would be cool **** as well.

People need different shite to grind to keep them interested enough to play regularily imho. Anyways, thats all i got for now mofos.
Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Re: cool stuff

Post by Guthrie »

*slap unterdoom* Buffing kick wont make the game more fun. Adding new magical weapons wont either. I'd just farm them so I always have one anyways. Fightstyles wont exactly make the game anymore fun. Theyd end up being balanced in a way that it wouldnt matter which one you chose. Until it was balanced nobody would fight anyone with a better fightstyle.

Even if you had fightstyles for bashing or pk you'd have issues. We have stances for a reason. Maybe you should talk about how stances can be improved.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

Also exp ased on the amount of time you've been logged in is a silly idea. Tons of people have bashed up in size without it. You can do it too.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

And exp based on how long youve logged in would probably just get people to max quicker...which is where most people stop playing. Which isnt something we want.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

I dont see anything wrong with animal familiars right now.... maybe make them 25k ACROSS reqs to have one... help us with hard eq runs like anklets for those lil guys that need them but we cant get them solo when we are on. Plus id love to bash my pet. I dont think they should help with pk though. Just mobs so maxed out players can take people through any runs they need while we are online.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

25k across is 25,000 hp 25,000 mana 25,000 move... not 25k hp/10k mana/10k moves

Not 15khp/25k mana/25k move.

25khp 25k mana 25kmv

Just informing you all. :p
UnTeR
Neonate

Post by UnTeR »

guthrie, you're a tool/wrong :P Also, we need to raise statcap, and put in xp areas for 25-30k, you probably disagree with that too :P
Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Post by Derubael »

anklets can be solo'd fyi.

so can ... omg. its been so long i forgot what the run is called.

getting your last disc from caine. solo'able with 100beast. in under 2 hrs.

familiars are cool tho, i just wanted to brag.
wtf
Kalamire
Methuselah

Post by Kalamire »

Guthrie/Brian......D-bag