Recent drama

VW::Classic Arena
Challenges, quests, and everything competitive

Moderator: Azazel

Mase
Ancilla

Recent drama

Post by Mase »

Apparently there's been some excitement on the mud over the past few days. Since much of this revolved around Cappadocian, I just want to make my stance clear to those involved who missed the discussion.

I consider myself a reasonable person. I don't take pk losses personally, I try to be empathetic when I have the urge to bully smaller players, and at the end of the day, real life takes precedence for me and everyone else who plays this game.

That said, there are a few things that do push me over the edge. Griefing new players is never acceptable. They don't know that they're not supposed to look at you, so if a mortal/vagabond/rogue does, a polite explanation of the unwritten rule is the only fair response. Vagabonds/rogues escape-capping players with much higher status for no reason is another problem. This is detrimental to the playerbase as a whole by virtually removing status from the chain, so the entire playerbase should respond negatively (emphasizing the "for no reason" modifier, otherwise all bets are off).

As a Justicar, what pisses me off the MOST is when someone fucks with one of my clannies without an excuse. If you're going to stake and torso/upcap someone in Cappadocian, you'd better have a valid reason. Remember, I'm reasonable and won't necessarily "retaliate" if it was justifiable and I can verify the situation with a third party. However, if you stake a clannie of mine for shits when there isn't a justi/prince on to rebite, I will end you. "War" means nothing and is no excuse. I'm not the biggest player on this mud, but I likely have the size, time and patience to make you regret your action. You're making an arbitrary decision to delay my clannie's enjoyment of the game until a justicar or prince is present; I WILL do the same to you.

A final point: I hold other Justicars to a higher standard. The flag is a privilege and a responsibility - you should know better. Expect harsher retaliation accordingly.
jakkaar
Neonate

Re: Recent drama

Post by jakkaar »

"War" means nothing
Damn! Here I thought that was the whole point of this game :roll:

So what constitutes as new? The 4k mortals I've met surely aren't "new". They're just taking their sweet *** time.
so the entire playerbase should respond negatively
Play your game, I'lll play mine. Telling "the entire playbase" how they should respond to something - not cool brah.
You're making an arbitrary decision to delay my clannie's enjoyment of the game until a justicar or prince is present
Maybe some people play to, what's that dirty word, oh yes, PK!!!
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

jakkaar wrote:
"War" means nothing

So what constitutes as new? The 4k mortals I've met surely aren't "new". They're just taking their sweet *** time.
Play your game, I'lll play mine. Telling "the entire playbase" how they should respond to something - not cool brah.
You're making an arbitrary decision to delay my clannie's enjoyment of the game until a justicar or prince is present
all your responses were to quotes which you took totally out of context. its like you picked a few words to quote and totally disregarded the sentence they were in. good job with instantly nullifying any credibility, as if your 1 post count didnt do it for you.
Sami
Antediluvian
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Sami »

bair wrote:
jakkaar wrote:
"War" means nothing

all your responses were to quotes which you took totally out of context. its like you picked a few words to quote and totally disregarded the sentence they were in. good job with instantly nullifying any credibility, as if your 1 post count didnt do it for you.

i must agree
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
blart
Ancilla
Clan: Brujah

Post by blart »

Sami why do you always stick your nose into something that doesnt concern you? I seem to think you want to be up everyone's *** but are rarely on. How is this? Hmmm I would think as a justicar you would log in more and would be into mudding more as Sami instead of doing what ever ya doing. anyway none of my business. Just stick your nose into your own sh.it.
Sami
Antediluvian
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Sami »

blart wrote:Sami why do you always stick your nose into something that doesnt concern you? I seem to think you want to be up everyone's *** but are rarely on. How is this? Hmmm I would think as a justicar you would log in more and would be into mudding more as Sami instead of doing what ever ya doing. anyway none of my business. Just stick your nose into your own sh.it.

why do you even log in here since you QUIT.... .. i have nothing to say to you... this just makes you into a .... what do i care... i have no use for you.

btw quit making up your own drama .. i can say what i want.. and i'm not disrespectful. so you do your thing and i'll do mine. .. this is my last post to you. btw cry and whine to sonja since she's about the only one listening to your b.s.
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
blart
Ancilla
Clan: Brujah

Post by blart »

Sami wrote:
blart wrote:Sami why do you always stick your nose into something that doesnt concern you? I seem to think you want to be up everyone's *** but are rarely on. How is this? Hmmm I would think as a justicar you would log in more and would be into mudding more as Sami instead of doing what ever ya doing. anyway none of my business. Just stick your nose into your own sh.it.

why do you even log in here since you QUIT.... .. i have nothing to say to you... this just makes you into a .... what do i care... i have no use for you.

btw quit making up your own drama .. i can say what i want.. and i'm not disrespectful. so you do your thing and i'll do mine. .. this is my last post to you. btw cry and whine to sonja since she's about the only one listening to your b.s.
Lol you think i quit i have been on since before i posted that stuff lol.
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

Sami wrote:
blart wrote:Sami why do you always stick your nose into btw cry and whine to sonja since she's about the only one listening to your b.s.
wtf??? LOL
damien
Elder
Clan: Malkavian

Post by damien »

Blart, really? You should keep your flame war to some other board. It seems that Mase has brought up some serious issues, I would do the same in his place; clannie or no clannie, noob abuse should not be tolerated, and shall not be tolerated by admin.
The Tiny Old Man of Malkavian
Talwolf
Neonate
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Talwolf »

I dont know who Jakkar is. but your right

If they dont want shiit then shut the fuick up.
If they dont want to be killed by players. dont fuicking train avatar.

If you want to slap asss and never PK.
-go fuicking play WOW. flaming Rainbows riding purple dinosaurs over there with no PK unless in a "certain" area

Pretty much be nice while avatar or your asss is grass
aka: shut the fuick up. dont talk back. show respect.
--do those things, your safe no biggies
--dont do those things. your fuicking dead

On the justicar Note: i set guidlines to follow for my clannies. if they dont. tough luck for them.
--Set some "guidelines" for your clannies on what is proper chat edicate and behavior so forth.
--If you cant teach your own clannies on the basics. i am sure others with stakes can teach them a thing or two :P

And it really sucks that, THAT DUDE, joined YOUR inactive CLAN
Talwolf howls at the midnight moon, then disappears into the night
Talwolf
Neonate

Post by Talwolf »

i dont care to read anymore of this ***** feast.

ADMIN. PLEASE REMOVE THIS WHOLE THREAD (its worthless)

if you want make ANOTHER sticky post everyone can read about newbie abuse then ok. cool

Thanks!
Talwolf howls at the midnight moon, then disappears into the night
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

How in the hell did I miss this thread entirely until today. :(
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

same:)
so much fun
Mase
Ancilla

Post by Mase »

Talwolf wrote:I dont know who Jakkar is. but your right

If they dont want shiit then shut the fuick up.
If they dont want to be killed by players. dont fuicking train avatar.

If you want to slap asss and never PK.
-go fuicking play WOW. flaming Rainbows riding purple dinosaurs over there with no PK unless in a "certain" area

Pretty much be nice while avatar or your asss is grass
aka: shut the fuick up. dont talk back. show respect.
--do those things, your safe no biggies
--dont do those things. your fuicking dead

On the justicar Note: i set guidlines to follow for my clannies. if they dont. tough luck for them.
--Set some "guidelines" for your clannies on what is proper chat edicate and behavior so forth.
--If you cant teach your own clannies on the basics. i am sure others with stakes can teach them a thing or two :P

And it really sucks that, THAT DUDE, joined YOUR inactive CLAN
Thanks for contributing. While it's old, the post was, as you may have guessed, directed at you. And while your response is mostly unintelligible, I'm getting the picture that you misunderstood a few of my points. I'll be brief.
  • The only reason I've ever played this game is to PK. Bashing, questing, runs, merely means to an end. If you were at all active over the past several years, you'd know this.
  • You arbitrarily staked a rogue who had ZERO interaction with you or any of your clannies, among several similar incidents. This is NOT pk; it's indefensible.
  • Justicars have many responsibilities, but in my opinion, the most important is to behave rationally and set a reasonable example for clannies. If you drive off newbies because you want to be a "bad-***", everyone loses. You should be ******* ashamed of yourself.
There's nothing obtuse here. I'm not trying to establish ridiculous mores or interpreting rules for my own goals. I'm saying that if you break them in a way that severely inhibits players I'm trying to help, I won't whine to admin. I don't need to. I will **** you up myself, over and over. And I may not be active now, but you could probably expect the same reaction from others.