VW::Classic Arena
Challenges, quests, and everything competitive

Moderator: Azazel

Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Changes to how stake works.

Post by Guthrie »

Ever stake someone who deserved a nice *** beating only to have their justicar right there to bite them? Didn't feel worth the 30qp did it? I know how you feel... It's happened to me too! What if when you staked someone and they were forced to stay mortal for a couple hours? That outta teach em' a thing or too, right? I dunno... Just throwing that out there.
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Re: Changes to how stake works.

Post by Sonja »

Somebody mentioned 30 minutes for vampires, 1 hour for justicars. Interesting concept..

Does anybody remember how 'splinter' functioned on one or two of the clones?
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

hehe i'm glad someone was paying attention to my ramblings on chat lol

but if i remember correctly splinter was a random stake, it had a percentage chance to fail though depending on how much primal i think you used or somthing like that, but anyway you would splinter someone and the piece of stake would slowly work its way to the persons heart.

It could take hours it could take a minute but still it will go until boom staked.
Sonja
Antediluvian

Post by Sonja »

Haha that's evil. And then there is always the 'pluck' idea, where the stake is left in until it is 'plucked' by a player.

'Silver' stakes for justicars..

Anything else we can come up with?
Lathus
Ancilla

Post by Lathus »

stake a voodoo doll and it stakes the person
Derubael
Methuselah

Post by Derubael »

That would bring a whole new meaning to training voodoo
wtf
Lathus
Ancilla

Post by Lathus »

yep
damien
Elder
Clan: Malkavian

Post by damien »

I like all of those ideas. Especially the whole splinter thing and pluck. it would allow for much more effective punishments.
The Tiny Old Man of Malkavian
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

Thought about this for some time...ok, maybe 3 or 4 minutes, but here is my ideas on stake......specifically the rebite mobs.

Rebite mobs have a combination of Krynne and Jax mix....meaning....

You go to get rebit and you must have 100 primal, 50,000 gold, and an item it will request from the mud.

Trick would be having some sort of flag that shows you as that clan, otherwise anyone can be rebit....for non justicar you have to be voiched and that would come into affect, for justicars, there would have to be some sort of flag showing them as that clan otherwise anyone could just give the items to the rebite mob and be bitten.

Also, not sure hwo to work this (coding issue) but a timer could be activated when player is staked, (justicar or normal clannie) and a set time must go by before they can be rebit....and timer is when they are ONLINE, so they do not log off and wait till time expires. Perhaps a command TIMER that allows players to check how log they have left before they can be rebit.

In conjunction with the idea of a silver stake, a staked Justicar will develop "Silver poisoning" that cannot be healed, and has to dissipate after time, until this "effect" has been removed from the Justicar, they cannot vouch themselves back to Justicar / Vampire State.

Just a few ideas...
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

stake changes sound good but they don't work in practise. because then we will see people logging off when anyone same status logs or even lower status for fear of being pwned whilst non vamp. this will only ensure that a cycle of 'you logged to avoid fighting me so i now need to stake you once you get rebitten' crap. you will also see people waiting in mortal state until their timer runs out and this will give them plenty of time to abuse the newbie channel. the random timer of when they get staked is way cooler cause then it can happen at any time.
damien
Elder
Clan: Malkavian

Post by damien »

indeed. that is exactly my thoughts. though it would suck for me since i seem to get staked alot. sometimes even by my own clannies...
The Tiny Old Man of Malkavian
Sactravas
Neonate

Post by Sactravas »

Make it so when your staked you dont go into a "mortal" state but human with the same status

So basicly when stake he/she does not have to train avatar it is automaticly applied to the player and thus making him/her attackable until the stake flag wears off or the stake is pulled.

Sac
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

You don't go to mortal status when staked. You do go to human status. Unless I am majorly off with changes, it's been this way for a while. Did something change that i'm not aware of?
-Helmut
Valynn
Elder

Post by Valynn »

No Helmut, you are correct.

When staked, player loses vampire abilities only, and can be capped.

If you are capped, you become mortal and would have to train avatar to regain status (putting head back in game) and regain vampiric powers.

If you are capped, you cannot be staked until you train avatar. (your mortal)
If you are staked, you can be capped. (you only lots vampire powers, your not mortal)

If you are staked, you cannot "train avatar", unless capped - you will need to either be rebitten by a clanmate or vouched by rebite mob.

There has been no change to this.