Gehenna Battlegrounds

VW::Classic Arena
Challenges, quests, and everything competitive

Moderator: Azazel

daitja
Admin

Gehenna Battlegrounds

Post by daitja »

A King of the Hill-style battleground is now live. It opens every two hours on the hour (12pm server, 2pm, 4pm, etc.) 1s1u1n from the Executioner. There are three arenas each with different size requirements. Participate to earn clan lineage for yourself and prestige for your clan with no threat to your status or attributes. At the end of each week, the most successful clans will gain helpful auras and leading members will gain titles (seen with 'finger'). Log in and view "help battleground" and "help lineage" for more information.

If you notice any bugs, problems, or potentially exploitable issues, please (as always) send an e-mail to support.
daitja
Admin

Re: Gehenna Battlegrounds

Post by daitja »

Some changes today:
Beast will no longer be affected by battleground decaps.
Mudwide battleground broadcasts can now be filtered with the channels command ('chan -battleground, chan +battleground').
Battleground decaps now award 12 lineage, up from 6.
Entering a different arena after a cap midway through the battle should now properly reset a player's lineage.

If any of these don't seem to work as described (or you notice other potential problems), let us know.
daitja
Admin

Post by daitja »

Due to a few remaining issues and our inability to address them this weekend, the battleground has been temporarily disabled. You can expect it to return Sunday evening.
Desades
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by Desades »

I don't see the point of people earning prestige when they just camp on the battlegrounds for 10 minutes doing absolutely nothing. Shouldn't there be some action involved for the glory of your clan?

Oh well...
-= May the Rose be with you =-
franky
Neonate
Clan: Gangrel

Post by franky »

i agree that prestige might not be the best word for this event. i just think of it as battleground points. prestige points are currently nothing more than indicator of how often your clan participates in battleground. the clans with people who camps golden hall are not any more prestigious than those who stops by once in awhile to have a opportunity to interact with players who they wouldn't under normal circumstances.

i personally run around golden hall with wimpy max and swallow most of the time. my one decap this week (fender) came from KSing luigi. i think i'm accounted for ~100 prestige points for my clan this week but my actions are hardly glorious.

oh wells...
daitja
Admin

Post by daitja »

If you show up and no one else does, you win. If someone else shows up and you cap them more than they cap you, you win. If you compete against more clans and win, you win more prestige than otherwise. If you only gained prestige when there were opponents in the battleground, it would give players an incentive to NOT participate when there was one dominant clan online, which would be counter-intuitive. Sure, you can rack up a hundred prestige in a week as a small player during off-hours, but you won't be close to a competitive clan that wins twice during "on-hours" against three other clans every day or two. And if you have a problem with the terminology, your mud client likely has some sort of gag-and-replace capability so you can use whatever word you'd like in place of prestige.

If you find a bug or loophole, please e-mail support, and if you have a suggestion for how to fix or improve something, post it, e-mail it or talk to me when I'm on and you'll likely find that I'm very open to changing battleground mechanics in the interest of accessibility and gameplay. I don't mean to be rude, but complaints without related suggestions sound trollish.
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

As I have said before the only complain I have is that someone can have 2-3 clannies in a battleground and can completely destroy the other people in that ground even if the other people cap them.

My suggestion would be to increase the amount of lineage points you get for caps, i have been in several bg where i have gotten 5-6 caps and not been capped any and still lost because another clan had 2 people inside, sure I was ahead for parts of the battle but by the end I lost by close to 50 points.

Just my two cents
daitja
Admin

Post by daitja »

I will likely increase the lineage gain from caps again sometime soon, because I've heard that a lot and it makes sense. However, just so you understand my rationale, one of the fundamental goals of the new feature was to encourage intra-clan activity and recruitment. Snapping up newbies, equipping them and informing them should directly benefit the people involved. If a massive justicar could take first without much trouble against three slightly-smaller members of another clan by making a couple caps, why would that justicar proactively hunt down new clannies?
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

i would think biggest problem is actually people hiding in shadowplane in arena. either make it non shadow or get no points whilst in shadow. because otherwise its a easy way to cut out half the oppostion from attacking you.
cyan
Ancilla
Clan: Gangrel

Post by cyan »

Ghnat, you are just as welcome to take obtenebration or dominate to command someone out, as a person with obtenebration is as welcome to ditch that discipline for say... dominate or mortis.

There advantages and disadvantages to taking each and every discipline.