Elder

Re: A challenge

Post by Damerion »

ghnat had a amazing fight 0-0 going into the final mort, good fight ghnat
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

haha i only just noticed this note. sorry bud kind of bored with admin doing nothing about a bug which has already seen my justicar delete and im sure more would be upset about. until such time as they remedy the situation i think torpor is falling on me.
daitja
Admin

Post by daitja »

Is this a bug that's been reported to the support e-mail or discussed in the helpdesk forum? I've been busy, but I consistently check in on the mud once or twice a day, and I actually have no idea what you're talking about.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

its a bug that i posted a long note on the helpdesk forum which helmut removed as he felt people would exploit it. major issue is damroll does not scale correctly so that when people have 360+ hitroll 160 damroll they still hit as hard as someone with 310 hit 280 damroll but hit way more often. in grizzlie people hit me for incredibly hard when i hit them for extremely hard in swallow. eg people that are 20k beat me in a non flee fight
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

ghnat wrote:its a bug that i posted a long note on the helpdesk forum which helmut removed as he felt people would exploit it. major issue is damroll does not scale correctly so that when people have 360+ hitroll 160 damroll they still hit as hard as someone with 310 hit 280 damroll but hit way more often. in grizzlie people hit me for incredibly hard when i hit them for extremely hard in swallow. eg people that are 20k beat me in a non flee fight
Yes, I meant to bring it to Daitja's attention. We haven't seen each other online in several says. I should have emailed him. I dropped the ball on this. Sorry.
-Helmut
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

ghnat wrote:its a bug that i posted a long note on the helpdesk forum which helmut removed as he felt people would exploit it. major issue is damroll does not scale correctly so that when people have 360+ hitroll 160 damroll they still hit as hard as someone with 310 hit 280 damroll but hit way more often. in grizzlie people hit me for incredibly hard when i hit them for extremely hard in swallow. eg people that are 20k beat me in a non flee fight

Couple things I'd like to point out, 1. Its impossible to get 360+ hitroll and only have 160 dam, by the time you can get above 340 even your dam should still be in the 180s maybe nearing 200 with the max stat darkbless bonus. Heck most of the time i'm sitting near 200 damroll with my high hit *shrug*.

One more thing, damage messages aren't correct at all take off shields and you can see increds or extremly then compare hp take offs and you only take off a fraction of what it says you do sometimes i hit extremely and it only does 90 damage to players.

Though high hit wouldn't be as effective if ac worked past a certain point as it seems it doesn't, high hitters have to give up a good bit of ac to do what we do.

EDIT-> Also we are trying to look at this in a vacuum there are a couple other things that we aren't taking into account such as what each person is beasted and if they are balanced (yes it does matter), that would have something to do with the desperity as well, cause maka still kicks my *** just to be honest, most anoying thing in the world is having to run like hell from someone who i just took a arm off of and lose badly lol

EDIT EDIT-> also the 20ker who beat you in a nonflee fight got you in the sun where you were losing almost 30% a tick O_o evens things out a bit
Last edited by Damerion on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Post by Derubael »

Theres a lot more to this besides just looking at damroll.
Also, as dam pointed out, his damroll would never be at 130 while fighting with high hitroll.
Is hitroll more effective in pvp than damroll? Absolutely. This has been known for quite some time. The difference is that myself and a few others have gone all out hitroll for pk.

I dont think its quite as unbalanced as everyone thinks.

Edit: id like to add that dams edit is absolutely correct. This is hard to isolate 'in a vacuum' so to speak, to test damage. Someone with a low damroll is usually hitting in the very low hundreds, where as someome with a higher damroll is hitting 200+ (usually)
wtf
kurtap
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Post by kurtap »

just out of curiosity i'd like to know what all of you hitrollers are rockin hit/dam-wise? before i quit i could get 366/181 with a maxed persons darkbless.
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

I can tell ya now kurt that your dam was a bit low tbh with a max on you, when i was 18k I was running 330/202, i've went a little bit more experimental to see the cutoff point where hitroll starts being a detrement (and there is one by the way). RIght now i'm above wehre I want to be in hit and a bit lower then what I'd like to be in dam but I can get around 351/195 with just my dbless.
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

Now that I can see damage i can say this correctly I average against a player (Radek) about 112 damage a hit 120 at most (excluding sparked fireballs), Radek on the other hand was averaging about 220-260 a hit excluding fireballs
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

Keep in mind guys, this was enabled to help find bugs. If you find one, please email us on our support email address. Enough people complained about it not showing damage, and now it's in. So, do us the favor to help us out when you find something.
-Helmut
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

*thumbs up the next 500 hours i log i will find something for you haha