Mud Down

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

aaiyee
Ancilla

Mud Down

Post by aaiyee »

Hello,
I'm just wondering what's up with the mud lately? It's going down and coming back on. Xard said the mud is on, but I can't connect.
Genghis
Admin

Post by Genghis »

It was frozen up yesterday morning, and I rebooted it. I can happily connect now, so if you're still having problems then they are likely at your end of the line.
Keyboard not found. Think F1 to continue.
mcleod
Neonate

Post by mcleod »

ghengis is the baddest coder and im not only saying that cause i talk to him but he the only one i see and the other admins dont log much or come out of invis
:D thanx man your great
shevaun
Antediluvian

Post by shevaun »

mcleod wrote:ghengis is the baddest coder and im not only saying that cause i talk to him but he the only one i see and the other admins dont log much or come out of invis
:D thanx man your great
Mcleod's grammar is the worst that I have seen.
Genghis
Admin

Post by Genghis »

Didn't even spell my name right :(

;)
shevaun
Antediluvian

Post by shevaun »

The mud has been down for approximately 6 hrs or so . Out of curiosity , how come it is crashing so much?
mcleod
Neonate

Post by mcleod »

because somone is stooping themselves from being decapped so its starting to piss me off :x
shevaun
Antediluvian

Post by shevaun »

mcleod wrote:because somone is stooping themselves from being decapped so its starting to piss me off :x
What is the relevance of anyone wanting to stop themselves from being capped to the mud crashing ?

You are seriously kidding me .
mcleod
Neonate

Post by mcleod »

no not kidding some try and crash the mud to stop from being decapped and others log off if they can if ya dont believe me then ask some of the others
Genghis
Admin

Post by Genghis »

Actually the mud was down because of a broken pfile, someone who hadn't logged on in years. All fixed now.
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

mcleod wrote:no not kidding some try and crash the mud to stop from being decapped and others log off if they can if ya dont believe me then ask some of the others
And how exactly would they crash the mud?

If you can give me one verifiable way of crashing the mud - I will give you a harpoon.

I do this because I doubt anybody is doing this and I think you're misinformed.

I do assure you, however, that my word is good.

Azazel
mcleod
Neonate

Post by mcleod »

a harpoon wow i want one i want one oh wait i have 3 lol okay i dont know the tecs on it but i think every shell has a feedback somethin or other and if sent to much info at once it can trigger realy bad lag and or crash the mud thats what i was told by a computer guy or something along them lines but no thanx on the harpoon and please dont woop me 8O
Genghis
Admin

Post by Genghis »

We crop incoming and outgoing text to 30KB. If we receive more than that in one packet from a player we throw it away and disconnect them immediately.
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

So basically, you heard that people on other muds cheat so you assume it happens here.... sorry... no.

I'll be nice and not "woop" you - go play the game and stop spreading baseless rumors.

Az
mcleod
Neonate

Post by mcleod »

so it wasnt rambling of a brainless fool it has been done and you all just cought up with it before it could happen here right okay and thanx for not wooping me :P