Connecting problems.

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

venca
Ancilla

Connecting problems.

Post by venca »

Hi all.. After a very long break I am hoping to return, however I am unable to connect. I am still using Zmud and using their Doctor Z tool to diagnose the problem it seems to get as far as mail.digitalfreaks.org before the traceroute fails.. Is there anyway to force the connection to route a different way or is my ISP just being a pain in the backside for a change?

Thanks all!
Genghis
Admin

Post by Genghis »

mail.digitalfreaks.org is the mud server, it just doesn't respond to ping so the traceroute fails there.

The mud has been having stability issues lately, try again.
Keyboard not found. Think F1 to continue.
venca
Ancilla

Post by venca »

Nope, must be an issue my end not with VW. Can connect from work, and also the test connect on the mudconnecter works, but the play option (using telnet i guess) also fails just like my Zmud and telnet do also..

I will go away and have a think, perhaps a new PC and ISP are in order!!

LOL

Thanks for the info anyhow

V
venca
Ancilla

Post by venca »

ok Phew worked it out, perhaps I am a geek after all..

Seems port 6666 is starting to be blocked by recent realtime virus scanners. My Mcaffe realtime scanner (not firewall) started doing it hence I could not connect to VW or any mud on port 6666.

here is what the website says about it if anyone is dead interested..

"Because protocol TCP port 6666 was flagged as a virus (colored red) does not mean that a virus is using port 6666, but that a Trojan or Virus has used this port in the past to communicate."

Hope this saves anyone else who comes across this some time also!
V