Mist

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Mist

Post by Guthrie »

I tihnk mortis can hit a mist player from a solid player. And aggro mobs hits mist players but mists can't hit mobs.
ember
Elder

Post by ember »

Yep, mist is a bit inconsistent. This is unlikely to change, well maybe other than for mist to disappear, because its annoying. What would be good instead?
korvecdal
Methuselah

Post by korvecdal »

i dont know if it would be too powerfull but maybe take out mist and add like
something that alerts u when u get scryied , so whenever a person scrys u your serpent sences alert you...?
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

ROFL
*SPAMS SCRY KORVECDAL*

Can anyone say big brother/1984/'HOLY CRAP STOP FRIGGIN SCRYING ME!!!'

It makes already jumpy players jumpier and more loggy,its also known to drive a few people to madnes :twisted:

That said i only had semiconstructive criticism for that idea and not an idea of my own, sorry

Unless perhaps.. because its within protean, something like no hunt lag 'Sense of the beast' or something like a more aggresive version of berserk 'Fury of the Beast' that might send ur beast to 100 for a tic and maybe increase some other attribute like hp/hit/dam/etc.. nothing as outlandish as the damage factor of mortis tho.
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
xard
Antediluvian

Post by xard »

something like quell beast which cancels opponents beast for a designated time frame can be useful.

if we being picky about useless forms how bout we also get rid of serpent as that's about as useless..

And id really like to see something like gouge which will blind opponent for again designated time period. Doesn't have to have more affect but maybe -2 hit to be about half the blind spell. Cos gotta add an extra tactic against the no auspex all war combinations. Non curable.
-= The Old Thorn of the Great Rose =-
Lanima
Methuselah

Post by Lanima »

For protean, if your going to get rid of mist quell beast sounds good, but what about something like Gash. It'd have a 10% chance to remove the limb, and a 90% chance to break the limb (if breakable), it can be anything from a tooth to a leg or a rib ;), it chooses a limb at random, or you could make it so you have to choose the limb?

For serpentis if your gonna remove serpent perhaps add in Spirit of the serpents, which is kind of like Mortis, except instead of bein a one hit destroyer, perhaps a deadly poison that takes set amount of damage depending on beast/BL over a few tics.
Ariak
Antediluvian
Clan: Brujah

Post by Ariak »

Imo, replace it with regenerate limbs or something, but only on self.
So, say, Kindred w/ Protean can regenerate parts of themselves when needed.
Even death is not beyond corruption.
korvecdal
Methuselah

Post by korvecdal »

woot woot
i agree with ariak
~^There Are Worlds Other Than These^~
ghnat
Antediluvian

protean

Post by ghnat »

lvl 6 protean gives vampires immunity to sunlight so why not make it so even with large beast you can travel with immunity or greatly reduced damage from sun but every tick thats sunlight it takes say 50 blood
during the night or dark area it takes no blood.
ghnat
Antediluvian

protean

Post by ghnat »

just as a foot note protean is a very handy discipline with nightsight, change, claws, fight of bat, blood of the wolf, so having one that is fairly useless doesn't really matter so much..... that said it would be cool if mist form actually worked so we could get through locked doors.
ember
Elder

Post by ember »

xard wrote:something like quell beast which cancels opponents beast for a designated time frame can be useful.

if we being picky about useless forms how bout we also get rid of serpent as that's about as useless..

And id really like to see something like gouge which will blind opponent for again designated time period. Doesn't have to have more affect but maybe -2 hit to be about half the blind spell. Cos gotta add an extra tactic against the no auspex all war combinations. Non curable.

OOOOH now you have something interesting. Instead of Mist affecting you it affects other players, blinding them for a period of time unless they have truesight, which off course would affect hitroll MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
Gohan
Neonate

Post by Gohan »

Change mist so its still just as useless as it is, but say if u transform into mist, once the tick hits, a gust a wind picks you up and drops u off in a random area (good way to escape) -shrug- obviously put a timer on it so ppls cant just sit in mist and teleport around the mud all day..heh
shevaun
Antediluvian

Post by shevaun »

I think mist or serpent form is good for those who accidently worn cursed eq on them - I have been ever staking clannies into protean to get a cursed eq off them .

With mist , would be nice if no mobs attack in non quest areas ( quest areas are those with hard to get eq being valhalla, deep, delain, wyrmberg, hell , slayers etc) , somewhat like obten where u go shadow plane in most areas and the the normal plane mobs cannot get to u.

of course the down side is when u revert ...u be without anything on hahahaha.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

i like that idea shevvy :P
redemption
Ancilla

protean

Post by redemption »

well if you wanted to change mist how about it gives you like an escape move. it disengages you from combat as you drop in and out of mist form. So say for instance you were in combat, and you went into mist form you didn't actually flee from the room but went into mist form for a second, and out. It would have summon lag sorta for both players, as the person attackng you has to wait for you to materialise into a solid form as they swirl around them like fog, but when you come to you weren't locked in combat. And btw ghnat lvl 9 is called body of the sun which makes you immune to the sun, and also gives you the effects of the sun to other vampires as your body turns into vaporis gases and ignites. Lvl 6 vamp powers in there are ghost form, like mist form except no wind or force can effect you no matter how strong for wind or force, 1/2 damage in combat, (3 blood pump) and a few others, the quael the beast and stuff i think is actually animilism. i was talking to ghnat the other day and thought quietus would be cool to add in there.

Powers

1. Lick weapons to add curse/poison (depending on what the vampire wanted) effects to them temp
2. Complete silence in a room when they walked
3. improved defence with weapons, because of being assassins
4. The could drop a shield around a room, so you couldn't scry that room, for anyone in there, and with silence power they couldn't clan chat for help/chat for help or anything.
shevaun
Antediluvian

Re: protean

Post by shevaun »

redemption wrote:
Powers

1. Lick weapons to add curse/poison (depending on what the vampire wanted) effects to them temp
2. Complete silence in a room when they walked
3. improved defence with weapons, because of being assassins
4. The could drop a shield around a room, so you couldn't scry that room, for anyone in there, and with silence power they couldn't clan chat for help/chat for help or anything.
Point number 1 : Serpentis was supposed to have this.
Point number 2 : Obsfucate is better
Point number 3: Protean claws, serpentis breath of the basilisk
Point number 4: Not sure about that one.

Best if you want to change protean mist - make it capable like that irritating mask of Obsfucate but with the potential of changing into anything like the mimic in old thalos or as said , mist acts like shadowplane and for balance when the player reverts to human form , he/she wears no eq .

After all protean is supposed to be a shape shifting discipline.
ghnat
Antediluvian

obtenebration

Post by ghnat »

i wanna see arms of the abyss:)
**** i love lasombra
redemption
Ancilla

ghnat

Post by redemption »

I agree out of all the muds i have never seen arms of the abyss would be AWESOME. an attack power for shadowplanes, Could be like you take shadowdamage, curses you and maybe draws you into shadowplane.
shevaun
Antediluvian

Re: ghnat

Post by shevaun »

redemption wrote:I agree out of all the muds i have never seen arms of the abyss would be AWESOME. an attack power for shadowplanes, Could be like you take shadowdamage, curses you and maybe draws you into shadowplane.
To be frank, if they actually have arms of the abyss as increased attack power...I will be the shadow queen again.
Likwid
Ancilla

Re: protean

Post by Likwid »

ghnat wrote:just as a foot note protean is a very handy discipline with nightsight, change, claws, fight of bat, blood of the wolf, so having one that is fairly useless doesn't really matter so much..... that said it would be cool if mist form actually worked so we could get through locked doors.
I couldnt agree more,Protean is one of the stronger discs anyways,I would get rid of serpent form in serpentis before getting rid of mist form,course that darkheart in serp,breath,and lash's are very very useful too,but mist form and* serpent form are both silly,jus my 2gp
LiKwiD <---//MenacE\\--->
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

For balance I would say something like shadow grab.

Not sure what discipline it could be added to, perhaps auspex allowing you to see shadow so you can grab it.

But it would make it harder for players to hide in shadows if someone has the power to yank them right out of the shadows into normal plane.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

Karik wrote:For balance I would say something like shadow grab.

Not sure what discipline it could be added to, perhaps auspex allowing you to see shadow so you can grab it.

But it would make it harder for players to hide in shadows if someone has the power to yank them right out of the shadows into normal plane.
i like this idea.
shevaun
Antediluvian

Post by shevaun »

Karik wrote:For balance I would say something like shadow grab.

Not sure if Dominate can force a person to unshadow - auspex to see the person, dominate to force unshadow.

If Dominate can command unshadow then it is there in the game already.
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

Another thing that would be interesting is combinations.

Meaning, if you have a certain combination of disciplines, then you get something 'extra' from the discipline.

Say if you had Dominate and Auspex, it would allow you to have an extra called 'shadow grab'.

or if you had Protean and Celerity, it would give you something like 'Spirit of the wolf' which increases your speed more.

Or could be even special combination of 3 disciplines, Fortitude, Mortis and Serpentis, which would give an extra say called 'Poisoned skin' - each time the person hits you they get posioned.

It could be something done where you have to have your disciplines in the right order to get that special extra.

Just an idea though.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
ghnat
Antediluvian

combinations of disciplines

Post by ghnat »

well i thought that dominate and auspex did that already????
as in it's easier to scry through shield with dominate as well???
Dell
Antediluvian

Re: Mist

Post by Dell »

=]
kurtap
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Post by kurtap »

super bump
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

Damn Kurtap. Bringing this old *** thread back from the grave!
Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Post by Derubael »

Shameless post count increase
wtf
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

Derubael wrote:Shameless post count increase