Rune Bombs

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

redemption
Ancilla

Rune Bombs

Post by redemption »

Does anyone else think these are overpowered, can we lessen the power of these if nothing else make them so you can't use them in arenas. They are really lame and most people i know agree with this, only cheap people use them and it takes all the skill out of the game
Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Guthrie »

take em out of arena
but don't weaken them :)
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

Why?

I mean personally they are a weapon the same as a slayer, poon or even using mobs.

As for arena - c loc rune before accepting or challenging will show you if they have bombs or not - and if they have them don't accept or challenge.

Why should admin have to 'fix' something that doesn't need fixing and has been a part of the game for years - because people don't use common sense.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

Probably because he cant use them

or he got beat down by them

Get over yourself Red - you think you're the first to complain about this? Countless people disagree with bombs, doesnt mean admins given any more consideration to them than they have you, or vice versa

Just grow some more
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

lol they aren't overpowered at all. easy to manuver too.

case closed.
ember
Elder

Post by ember »

LOL personally I hate them. However they do add a dimesnsion to the game.
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

Maybe thats Reds problem..he cant see in 3D?? :twisted:
shevaun
Antediluvian

Post by shevaun »

It is cheap to use on status fights and I don't like it but it is part of the game. Previously I had used them before for other purposes - funny to see someone stepping on them and going BOOM ,or checking damage to my armor.

Get your personal bomb squad arranged if you know what I mean. I had clannies who got them to see how much a 10 rune bomb trapped room does to them or a bigger clannie etc.

Don't arena a person with 20 rune bombs. That's common sense.
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

shevaun wrote: Don't arena a person with 20 rune bombs. That's common sense.
acheron accepted an arena from me once when I had 20 bombs. needless to say we sat there for 2 hours before admin transed us out cause he had to go.
Exulia
Ancilla

Post by Exulia »

*yawn* There is a way to walk into a room of bombs without even getting hit by em *shrug*
Exulia, the Noble Ventrue
shevaun
Antediluvian

Post by shevaun »

Sonja wrote:
shevaun wrote: Don't arena a person with 20 rune bombs. That's common sense.
acheron accepted an arena from me once when I had 20 bombs. needless to say we sat there for 2 hours before admin transed us out cause he had to go.
ROFL ...Go Acheron!

meh u two are quite the pair back then.
aaiyee
Ancilla

set a lag time

Post by aaiyee »

easy enough just set a lag time everytime someone arms a bomb. I remember there was a lag time way back in the day like 1.5 seconds or something.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

I disagree with the lag on trapping a room. THats retarded. and i change my mind about taking them out of the arena. Thats stupid too. ;)
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

As strange as it seems, I am in complete agreement with Brian.

A rune bomb is nothing more than a tool, a weapon to be used.

It is not something that causes an imbalance in the game because anyone can essentially get to them, they are not autoclaim so bigger clannies can go and donate them for others to use.

I think the people who have the biggest problem with runes bombs are the ones that have been hit with them.

I for one don't use them, but also know to locate the ones that do, so I know what to expect when hunting them.

I don't know if it holds true anymore, but used to be if your AC was above -1000 it cut or did little damage to you, if that is the case still, then get your AC above that.

If that isn't the case, then learn to deal with a weapon that can hurt you.

I see no difference between rune bombs and someone attacking someone while bashing, or using slayers, or an extra discipline because of Nod......These are all part of the game, it is in the tactics that you use and how you deal with it which determines what and how you PK.

You want to be honorable and fight straight up like a knight or something, standing your ground and beating each other senseless till one comes out the victor ..that is fine, but there is more to PK than that.

I get sick of hearing about people whine and moan about what people use or how they PK on a PK mud - and the ones that are doing the belly-aching are normally the ones that have LOST in PK because of a certain way someone PK'd them.

Fleeing - deal with it, hell you think your food isn't going to try and escape you? Try going hunting in the real world and see them duck for cover, hide in bushes, and run their asses off for anyone that has done any hunting like rabbits or deer.

Rune Bombs - its part of the game same as your sword, pieces of eq, ect.

I mean seriously, what are we going to complain about next - someone was better equipped than you were so it should be complained about and a rule made against it. Everyone should be equipped the same, everyone should have the same disciplines? Everyone has to fight exactly the same way?

This is a PK mud, and whether you like it or not there are different clans, different disciplines, differently equipped players, and yes, different players with a variety of tactics and styles.

Deal with it.

It is a PK mud, and what I see as tactics from some people, others see as something to complain about - you need to learn how to deal with the different PK tactics out there because if you don't, you won't be advancing very far in the status chain.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
ember
Elder

Post by ember »

Well said Karik.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

agreed. I ment to say it earlier but was in class :p
aaiyee
Ancilla

Post by aaiyee »

Karik wrote:As strange as it seems, I am in complete agreement with Brian.

A rune bomb is nothing more than a tool, a weapon to be used.

It is not something that causes an imbalance in the game because anyone can essentially get to them, they are not autoclaim so bigger clannies can go and donate them for others to use.

I think the people who have the biggest problem with runes bombs are the ones that have been hit with them.

I for one don't use them, but also know to locate the ones that do, so I know what to expect when hunting them.

I don't know if it holds true anymore, but used to be if your AC was above -1000 it cut or did little damage to you, if that is the case still, then get your AC above that.

If that isn't the case, then learn to deal with a weapon that can hurt you.

I see no difference between rune bombs and someone attacking someone while bashing, or using slayers, or an extra discipline because of Nod......These are all part of the game, it is in the tactics that you use and how you deal with it which determines what and how you PK.

You want to be honorable and fight straight up like a knight or something, standing your ground and beating each other senseless till one comes out the victor ..that is fine, but there is more to PK than that.

I get sick of hearing about people whine and moan about what people use or how they PK on a PK mud - and the ones that are doing the belly-aching are normally the ones that have LOST in PK because of a certain way someone PK'd them.

Fleeing - deal with it, hell you think your food isn't going to try and escape you? Try going hunting in the real world and see them duck for cover, hide in bushes, and run their asses off for anyone that has done any hunting like rabbits or deer.

Rune Bombs - its part of the game same as your sword, pieces of eq, ect.

I mean seriously, what are we going to complain about next - someone was better equipped than you were so it should be complained about and a rule made against it. Everyone should be equipped the same, everyone should have the same disciplines? Everyone has to fight exactly the same way?

This is a PK mud, and whether you like it or not there are different clans, different disciplines, differently equipped players, and yes, different players with a variety of tactics and styles.

Deal with it.

It is a PK mud, and what I see as tactics from some people, others see as something to complain about - you need to learn how to deal with the different PK tactics out there because if you don't, you won't be advancing very far in the status chain.
Well yea, if you want to make it like real life, then make a lag time to arming the bomb. Obviously a real life person can't arm a bomb within a second. It takes time.
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

You can if you're Jack Bauer
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

rofl ark
Voratic
Ancilla

Post by Voratic »

everyone who doesn't like them is too lazy to get them. end of story.
xard
Antediluvian

Post by xard »

Quest some AC and get over it.
-= The Old Thorn of the Great Rose =-
redemption
Ancilla

Post by redemption »

i had -1200 ac and still did 10k to me
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

well, if it makes u feel any better, i believe the max rune bombs can do is 10k =]
aaiyee
Ancilla

Post by aaiyee »

Negative....rune bombs can mort you.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

Unless they have been recently changed rune bombs do a 10k damage cap. The ones admin lay around will mort you though :p

I dunno maybe I'll test it.
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

I don't think rune bombs are realistic enough.

Maybe admin can add a few tweaks to it.

Like:

- If your hit by a rune bomb you get stunned like a punch.

- If your hit by a rune bomb and your AC is below -1000 then you have the chance of being blown apart, literally, losing limbs.

- If your AC is above -1000 you have the ability to soak the damage of the rune bomb, meaning you would take like 1/2 damage.

- Uncap the damage if there is one for rune bombs, letting them do like 1000 damage per bomb.

- Would love to see a chance of a rune bomb exploding as a person sets it, chance of it exploding in your face goes up with the more rune bombs you set in the same room. Something like a failure in trapping a room causes the rune bomb to go off in your face.

Just some ideas......
~Karik

Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

and if you have even better ac they should't hit you at all like they kinda do now :P
aaiyee
Ancilla

Post by aaiyee »

well apparently an admin rune bomb morted me and ghnat escape capped me !!! booooo!
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

sucked in loggyee