Clans

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Secma
Ancilla

Clans

Post by Secma »

Okay, so before all the prejudice comes out about this idea, let me first ask a couple of questios.

1) What does leaving the inactive clans there really hurt anything? Maybe someone will come along and really want to be in it but can't because it is closed, then we lose a player.

To further elaborate on this, haven't people been handed justicar just because they were the last around? isn't that a dead clan? Why wasn't it closed? Gangrel was that way, that's how Orakio got justi.

2) How does spreading out the status hurt anything? If you ask me it doesn't you can get 3 or so people in each clan just off of the active members I can think of. So we make the justi's actually recruit instead of bite anything that moves.... I mean seriously the clans are kind of one sided.

3) Why should the player base matter? If you have atleast one active member for a clan why shouldn't it be there? Myself I would pick up any clan that had no one for the sake of it is a clan.

In my personal opinion I also think the admins should push the RP aspect of the game. I mean the clans really don't stand for what they should. Malks and Gangrel should be at eachothers throats all the time..

Gangrel and Brujah close friends, but always uneasy

Torrie are stuck up and Tremere are worse they think they are better than everyone and they also think of themselves as spell casters

Nossie should be just what they are ugly little bastards who keep their hands in everything

Ventrue the oh so noble Ventrue that I haven't seen one be noble yet.

Brujah plays it right they expect themselves to be the best of the best.

Cappa are necromancers and mean as hell.

As for how do we get it so that we actually Roleplay it? Easy the justicars recruit for the types of people they want not just any Tom Fred and Harry that comes by.

So there is my piece and I hope you actually take time to consider before ripping it apart.

Secma
Last edited by Secma on Thu May 31, 2007 4:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Guthrie »

Hmm. Be interesting at the very least. :)
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

roleplaying sucks
korvecdal
Methuselah

Post by korvecdal »

okay ill be the first to post an opinion about the topic.

I dont useualy care about other clans , im malkvain to the end , but on the same token , who cares how many a clan has, i say open cappa and tremere if thats what the masses want. more clans to hate!!

anywho thats my 2 cents
~^There Are Worlds Other Than These^~
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

Opening a clan could spread status out, yes. But if clans are suffering lack of members as it is - why aren't we taking iniciative by jumping to balance? Sounds like people just want the "tough" clans back so they can be eliteist assholes. I think things are fine the way they are.
Secma
Ancilla

Post by Secma »

I see what you are saying Sonja, it does seem like that. Myself I wanted cappa open because that's what I am. Hehe, hence why I have to rename all my gear. Oh well, everyone looks at things different and that's why I posted it.
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

I think we should all vote who goes in what clan =] screw this choosing stuff, u get put in whichever clan u fit best. so...yeah
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

All the clans could be reopened and we could have a draft.
Sonja
Antediluvian

Post by Sonja »

bair wrote:All the clans could be reopened and we could have a draft.
lol that'd be so cool. im down. sign me up!
korvecdal
Methuselah

Post by korvecdal »

great just like flippin gym class, id get picked last. i dont think my psyce could handle that again.....

*cries and runs off*
~^There Are Worlds Other Than These^~
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

Lol as long as I don't lose my extra clandi I guess I'm down with some of these ideas :P
Mischief
Antediluvian

Post by Mischief »

Toreador here I come.
xard
Antediluvian

Post by xard »

Anytime Chief.
-= The Old Thorn of the Great Rose =-
Secma
Ancilla

Post by Secma »

I am down for a draft it sounds like fun, admins can put justi's in order then draft

Makes it cool

And evens out some status
redemption
Ancilla

draft

Post by redemption »

i'm up for the draft to even out the status, and you should make it if your justicar stakes you *add some special kind* that only admin can reclan you for the 2 weeks or something, and maybe change it so each clan has a clan only discipline ? as an extra discipline or freebie disipline, nosferatu obfuscate, gangrel protean, toreador auspex etc :P
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

prob with the clan specific discs...one clan is pretty much gauranteed to have a better disc than another clan, and thus, people are only going to want to join certain clans, and the ones with dumb discs will be emptied.

but i do like the draft idea =] admin should pick names randomly and throw them in whichever clan, than each clan can have a battle royale to see who will be the justicars...-cackles-
Kaida
Admin

Post by Kaida »

Dell wrote:prob with the clan specific discs...one clan is pretty much gauranteed to have a better disc than another clan, and thus, people are only going to want to join certain clans, and the ones with dumb discs will be emptied.

but i do like the draft idea =] admin should pick names randomly and throw them in whichever clan, than each clan can have a battle royale to see who will be the justicars...-cackles-
So you will be happy to have the biggest most powerful char to be your justicar, but yet maybe not have good leadership skills of anykind, not having any kind of diplomatic skills? Takes more than pure brute force and pk skill to make a great leader that will build a clan up.

Keeping good active justicars is another challenge altogether ;)
Sonja
Antediluvian

Post by Sonja »

Kaida wrote:Takes more than pure brute force and pk skill to make a great leader that will build a clan up.
Pish posh!
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

clan specific clandi are stupid for mud.

I'm not okay with a draft unless my clandi are kept the way they are (feel free to add that extra one though ;))
tegor
Methuselah

Post by tegor »

i agree with the original post, mostly... i dont think rp is somethin that should be enforced or really pushed on a pure pk mud...its up to the players to do that.. uf malks rp to an extent, we do our best to act crazy..but true rp wouldnt work, cuz there isnt anything rp-like about bashing or random pk. plus if we were to rp whitewolf style, we'd have to hide the fact we are vampires from mortals, which makes recruiting a little harder.
Secma
Ancilla

Post by Secma »

Heh I see your point there lol, no I didn't mean full blown RP but I still am down for the Draft but I still think that Admins should appoint justi's to where they think they belong then justi's draft from there. It evens status and makes it more fun
Kaida
Admin

Post by Kaida »

Sonja wrote:
Kaida wrote:Takes more than pure brute force and pk skill to make a great leader that will build a clan up.
Pish posh!

There you go, mixture of She-ra and Mary Poppins - All you need in a justicar, all the brute strength and a no-nonsense Nanny ;)

Kidding of course :twisted: