items in arena

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

redemption
Ancilla

items in arena

Post by redemption »

Just out of curiosity does anyone else think it is cheap using dominate to hurl someones weapons in arena, (don't care about that bit) but then grabbing them and not giving them back, apparenlty it is no call area so you can't get them back and are forced to fight weaponless. It didn't happen to me, but happened to dell. I would like to see what other peoples opinions are, maybe make it you can call your items back or you can't grab peoples claimed items in arena? easy fix but love to hear others ideas on this
elec
Neonate

Post by elec »

Cheap, maybe, but no cheaper than using bombs, or mounts, or being pilled up .. Disciplines are there to be used. Next you will be telling me that people shouldn't use auspex to hunt ..
fletch
Neonate

I agree with Red

Post by fletch »

There's tactics, and then there's unnecessary bs. I think this falls under the heading of "things that make people frustrated enough to quit the game", which we should all know we can't afford to have happening.
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

ya..happenened to me, tegor grabbed my weaps, so to solve my problem, i wouldnt fight him until he gave my weaps back -shrug- i think it should be changed, its stupid.
teos
Methuselah

Post by teos »

unneccesary bs is also that you can frickin command someone to blackdeath themselves and they pretty much instamort. I'm not saying remove the ability to order someone to blackdeath themselves...if it did the same relative damage as it would on your opponent. I have no problems with that.

As for the original problem. I think that you should be able to call stuff in the arena. Don't make it where you can't command people to throw their weapons, just make it where if they're smart, they can get them back.

*goes back to not posting in anything but clan forums*
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

i think that blackdeat/blight self should be taken out...and replaced by the ability to command to rem all and change mist, its not AS deadly as insta-morting someone with BD, but hell, i doubt anyone would complain TOO much..heh
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

I'm sorry but I don't agree.

It's called tactics and using something to your advantage, and as Elec stated, it is no different than using mobs to your advantage, bombs, higher level mount..ect.

Yeah, it is a bit cheap way to do it - but this is PK and that means killing players by any means necessary to gain status.

I think many people forget this.

Figure out a way to counter their tactics and develop tactics of your own.

As for Command and Blackdeath, I think it's fine, it is a good counter to those with Blackdeath (Mortis), my only objection to this is that when Blackdeathing self, it should do as much damage to yourself as it does to another player and should not insta-mort you if done against yourself.

And if people don't like having command used that way, then don't have Mortis so it can't be used against you.

Personally, I think so much restrictions have been placed on Command that it has become next to useless, and now people want to add more restriction on it because it is working the way it is supposed to.

I do think the age vs age needs to be looked at thouigh on Command, because I think it has become way to easy for someone of lower age to command a higher age vampire.

That is my take on this.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
elec
Neonate

Post by elec »

The problem with calling in the arena, is that you can call for something that you didn't bring into the arena ..

I was fighting Samhein, he kept making me dispel all and yet I still beat him. I'm not going to defend Dominate, but it is in the game to be used, just like Mortis.
korvecdal
Methuselah

Post by korvecdal »

dont arena ppl older than u. carry spare weapons, make aliases
~^There Are Worlds Other Than These^~
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

Karik wrote:I do think the age vs age needs to be looked at thouigh on Command, because I think it has become way to easy for someone of lower age to command a higher age vampire.
Yeah..im 200, and so far ive NEVER been able to use dominate on anyone older than me...so, i think it should be made easier =] just for me tho...screw the rest of you :-P lol
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

LOL. Tegor you're hilarious.

No it shouldn't be changed, there are ways around it. Stop whining.
Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Guthrie »

Karik wrote:I'm sorry but I don't agree.

It's called tactics and using something to your advantage, and as Elec stated, it is no different than using mobs to your advantage, bombs, higher level mount..ect.

Yeah, it is a bit cheap way to do it - but this is PK and that means killing players by any means necessary to gain status.

I think many people forget this.

Figure out a way to counter their tactics and develop tactics of your own.

As for Command and Blackdeath, I think it's fine, it is a good counter to those with Blackdeath (Mortis), my only objection to this is that when Blackdeathing self, it should do as much damage to yourself as it does to another player and should not insta-mort you if done against yourself.

And if people don't like having command used that way, then don't have Mortis so it can't be used against you.

Personally, I think so much restrictions have been placed on Command that it has become next to useless, and now people want to add more restriction on it because it is working the way it is supposed to.

I do think the age vs age needs to be looked at thouigh on Command, because I think it has become way to easy for someone of lower age to command a higher age vampire.

That is my take on this.
Its obvious to myself karik and I share alot of the same opinions. :) Nice post as usual Karik! :D
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

Whoever thinks blackdeath/blight should instamort yourself and not be changed is either a stubborn moron or hasnt given it enough thought to give a valid opinion. the reason it instamorts is because it makes you attack yourself after you blackdeath, which is obviously a huge glitch considering you cannot attack yourself ever, you dont even attack yourself when you fireball yourself. why should blackdeath be the one command that does 70% of your own health, forces you to attack yourself, have your shields attack yourself, and kill yourself. stupid, its obviously a glitch/bug and was far from what was intended upon implementation.
xard
Antediluvian

Post by xard »

Commanding someone to throw and taking their weapons. Brilliant. here here. Carry a spare set. Never be without at least 100 qp on you. Worst case scenario switch the spells on your bashers. If you dont carry another set. I usually have about 4 sets of weapon to choose from. That don't say they wont do it to you again. You can be quicker than them to attack. Or remove the weapon attack and wield. Throw wont do anything and one round with no weapons is by far better than trying a whole arena fight without it.

blackdeath issue cant be worked around. And I am sure Admin will correct that because obviously its overpowered and impractical to leave as is.
-= The Old Thorn of the Great Rose =-
redemption
Ancilla

weapons

Post by redemption »

yeah blackdeath is a glitch, i asked for peeps opinions, i'm not saying take it out, but the main reason from what i heard call all was taken out is because of rune bombs entering arena when they think person don't have them. I usually have quite a few sets of weapons i'm just saying for the smaller ones it would be nice, I would love dominate power, it has some awesome affects, that i use to use quite frequently, like wear cursing order them to attack executioner and attack them and just keep cursing :P i'm not saying take someones ability out to command someone, or change that in any way, just give the person the ability to get there weapons back if they are smart about it? maybe they can punch the other person and you can always steal your own equipment back?
tegor
Methuselah

Post by tegor »

Sonja wrote: No it shouldn't be changed, there are ways around it. Stop whining.
tegor
Methuselah

Post by tegor »

xard wrote: blackdeath issue cant be worked around. And I am sure Admin will correct that because obviously its overpowered and impractical to leave as is.
Yes it can, but im not gonna post how for everyone to see when i can still use it to my advantage
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

wahhhhhh
tegor
Methuselah

Re: weapons

Post by tegor »

redemption wrote: i'm not saying take someones ability out to command someone, or change that in any way, just give the person the ability to get there weapons back if they are smart about it? maybe they can punch the other person and you can always steal your own equipment back?
As much as id love my little trick i pulled on Dell... and Plush, id have to say i agree witht hat idea, i think any powerful strategy like that should have a counter to it. although, the age thing is a counter of sorts..and there is one other thing i can think of..... but i dont wanna say since it seems that most people havent figured it out yet...but yeah, stealing from stunned players sounds pretty good...except..it'd be lame if someone punched you and stole your bag and looted tokens or somethin....maybe make bags unstealable if this gets implemented?
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

Simple way to solve it if admin is willing.

Allow LOYAL flag to be quested on weapons.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
marlboro
Methuselah

Post by marlboro »

loyal flag is on weapons commanding people to trrow they wont come back if you throw lol oh well i got ways around the throw thing k...
ember
Elder

Post by ember »

Its a tactic. Dominate is a discicpline with certain powers I am not going to remove its powers. If its a worry don't go to arena, hunt your prey.
xard
Antediluvian

Post by xard »

sorry i mean blackd can be worked around hehe. Typo but yeah its tactics. Instamort is overpowered in itself. But using blackd on self in a normal damage capacity shoudl be fine.
Mischief
Antediluvian

Post by Mischief »

I like that it instamorts.
Rikus
Methuselah
Clan: Nosferatu

Post by Rikus »

That's cause you're like 1500 years old, Chief...
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

I agree with Chief - the only counter to blackdeath is dominate. People have argued itsa cheap clandi to use as it does ur fight for you..at least a big chunk of it.. Most of those people are probably armed with dominate now, i know I would be - specially if someones dumb enough to try it on me.. I was actually 3 seconds from doing it to wolff oneday down in crypts ..but having my clan raped and me bloodhunted by brujah for eternity with the potential of some of the oldies coming back...kinda stopped me 2 seconds into that thought.. next time tho :twisted:

Just suck it up and deal, tactics have changed over the years, i think whoever it was, was quite clever in workin out that commanding weapons to be thrown away when they cannot be called.. I applaud it because its initiative, cunning and a better tactic than spamming flee and waiting with bombs or using blackdeath.

IMO anyways
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
Mischief
Antediluvian

Post by Mischief »

Shoulda done it. I did.
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

im not saying anything bout stealing ppls weaps in arena should be changed, hell id do it myself if i could. but if someone does it to me, im doing nothing but fleeing until they get bored and give em back
Mischief
Antediluvian

Post by Mischief »

pfff I'll tear their arms off and quest flaming on them.
Mischief
Antediluvian

Post by Mischief »

p.s.
thats what im renaming my weapons to

Mischief wields the flaming mass of your recently dislocated arm.
Kaida
Admin

Post by Kaida »

dismembered? :P
tegor
Methuselah

Post by tegor »

Dell wrote:im not saying anything bout stealing ppls weaps in arena should be changed, hell id do it myself if i could. but if someone does it to me, im doing nothing but fleeing until they get bored and give em back
And I think this is a perfect counter to my dominate...if i cant ever get you sto stay in one room longer to mort, then ill have to give them back sometime.... otherwise the fight goes on forever(and i was about to be late for work...hehe, just a min longer and i woulda forfeited).
xard
Antediluvian

Post by xard »

Get older!
Mischief
Antediluvian

Post by Mischief »

[quote="Kaida"]dismembered? :P[/quote]

I really couldn't think of that word at work today... thank you.
Exulia
Ancilla

Post by Exulia »

Calling in arena is not always a good idea...Have bombs on mobs or placed around and call them when you get in...Basically allowing people to have bombs but no one knows whose bombs they are.
Exulia, the Noble Ventrue
xard
Antediluvian

Post by xard »

bombs are for *******.
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

Mischief wrote:p.s.
thats what im renaming my weapons to

Mischief wields the flaming mass of your recently dislocated arm.
I think they'd be more 're-located' rather than dislocated Or dismembered :P hehe
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
Leopold
Ancilla

Post by Leopold »

Dominate seems to be a deadly discipline IF you're old. I mean, :P "blackdeath self"... I remember doing that once... It got me down to red. I think the damage should be turned down some, but oh well....

You know what really sucks though? :P commanding someone to serpent or mist.... damnn....
tegor
Methuselah

Post by tegor »

Leopold wrote: You know what really sucks though? :P commanding someone to serpent or mist.... damnn....
I remember doin that to someone...hehe, that was fun!