Admin Baiting

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

ember
Elder

Admin Baiting

Post by ember »

There are a few players that take admin baiting as a sport.

Here are a few points they want to think about:

- You are invited into our game, you do not have the right to play, its a privilage

- site ban is less than 20 characters away

- Would you go around to someone's house and demand special treatment

- We do not expect to be adored or worshipped, infact that would embarress us, but courtesy earns courtesy from us.

- Play and have fun, and please keep in mind, we are just people with jobs and worries and families to deal with, why should we take crap in something that is supposed to be fun for us?
ember
Elder

Post by ember »

Exulia has been site banned because of this. Not to mention character charing, the old players will tell you this has never been tolerated.
Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Guthrie »

admin baiting? whats that lol
ghnat
Antediluvian

baiting

Post by ghnat »

it's where you thread a hook through the bottom of a admin and feed it through the body with the sharp part of the needle and the barb pushed through the skin near the mouth.
at least thats like prawn baiting?
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Re: baiting

Post by Sonja »

ghnat wrote:it's where you thread a hook through the bottom of a admin and feed it through the body with the sharp part of the needle and the barb pushed through the skin near the mouth.
at least thats like prawn baiting?
well you're the master angler at admin baiting, arentcha!?
Exulia
Ancilla

Post by Exulia »

Big deal, I never said I had the right to play here nor do I care, I find it funny where admins beat the rules on you but won't even follow their own rules. Like I don't have plenty of other games to play or that I already do play, have fun all. ^_^
Exulia, the Noble Ventrue
Kaida
Admin

Post by Kaida »

Cared enough to check the forums and issue a reply.
Though quite honestly, a post made by someone who tries to use the law to their advantage, at the same time blantantly abuses and breaks it - can we expect any other response?
Exulia
Ancilla

Post by Exulia »

I just did a search to double check what you said Kaida...When did I make a post about using the law to my advantage? What I just said was not trying to make anything to my advantage. I'm just pointing it out, if an Admin is going to point and say "help law2" or "help law" or anything of the sort, then I'm going to point out number 1 on help law, it's not to my advantage, i'm just saying period. I have spoke to admins that don't even care if you leave or you are going to quit or anything of the sort which basically just defies their own law or shows that they really don't care that much. And checking forums is not "playing" here. I stated I don't care if I had the right to play.
Exulia, the Noble Ventrue
xard
Antediluvian

Post by xard »

I am sure there is something somewhere saying Admin word is final. So end of argument as far as I am aware. Laws are guidelines, we all know even in a real world scenario no law is upheld verbatim even by the law makers them selfs.
-= The Old Thorn of the Great Rose =-
Rikus
Methuselah
Clan: Nosferatu

Post by Rikus »

Admin > You

They have their own set of guidelines to follow(at least, on the muds I've had an Admin/God we did). One of which being don't take crap from arrogant players.
Kaida
Admin

Post by Kaida »

Exulia wrote:I just did a search to double check what you said Kaida...When did I make a post about using the law to my advantage? What I just said was not trying to make anything to my advantage. I'm just pointing it out, if an Admin is going to point and say "help law2" or "help law" or anything of the sort, then I'm going to point out number 1 on help law, it's not to my advantage, i'm just saying period. I have spoke to admins that don't even care if you leave or you are going to quit or anything of the sort which basically just defies their own law or shows that they really don't care that much. And checking forums is not "playing" here. I stated I don't care if I had the right to play.
Perfect example of Admin baiting right there ;)

We do care about players quitting, but at the same time not addressing those who clearly breech the law set out to make sure that *EVERYONE* can enjoy the game will actually drive those who play fairly away. Banning a player yes we lose a player - but then we'd lose alot more by not doing so, especially when the players are the ones that notice the breeches made and have lodged a complaint.

Anyway time to plan more evil quests :twisted:
*bows*