dominate

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Likwid
Ancilla

dominate

Post by Likwid »

ok...so you guys fixed the bug that was causing people to attack themselves when you commanded them to blackdeath themselves,but i think theres a bigger issue with dominate...i mean its semi-useful but something has been bothering me since i took the disc that i didnt want to mention until blackdeath was fixed...the fact that people are able to alias certain command names to avoid the ill effects of dominate...i dont believe you meant it to be that way when you created the dominate disc...for instance i have commanded people to blackdeath self before-and those people had created an alias named blackdeath that caused them to smile...so they smiled at themselves when commanded...i think that when dominate commands are used on people they should NOT use an alias of that name...perhaps you could disable the ability to cause someone to use an alias when dominate is used somehow,or perhaps disable the ability to create alias's with the names of commands that are already in game
LiKwiD <---//MenacE\\--->
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

That sounds more like a trigger.

Someone commands and it triggers the effect someone has in place.

Command so and so blackdeath self
Triggers smile

Triggers are already illegal.

Those caught doing this in PK should be, in my opinion, punished for breaking the rules.

Triggers are not allowed in PK, and making an alias or trigger that does something automatically in response to something in PK is illegal.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

no, if you set an ingame alias, like setalias blackdeath smile. and someone commands you to blackdeath, you will smile instead of blackdeath.
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

again, it has all the makings of a trigger - someone commands you or does something to you and it reacts automatically and does something for you that you didn't type.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
bair
Antediluvian

Post by bair »

Its not a trigger.

these are my aliases ingame:

blackdeat 'cry'
bligh 'say no!'
blackdeath 'pout'
blig 'say lol'
blight 'say hello'
black 'smile'
blackd 'grin'
blackde 'dance'
blackdea 'frown'
blac 'cheer'

no one can command me to blackdeath or blight myself and I use no triggers. there is no triggering going on, just me being commanded to use one of my aliases. Which is pretty cheap, but not as cheap as my shields doing 9000 damage to myself in 1 round.
Last edited by bair on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bair
Antediluvian

Post by bair »

by the way...i still attack myself..

[462563 exp] <11280hp 11280m 11280mv> <97bl> remalias blackdeat
blackdeat self
alias blackdeat cry
Alias removed.
[462563 exp] <11280hp 11280m 11280mv> <97bl> You reach out and place a hand that glows with a violet light on Bair
[ 85% ] < 85% > <9681hp 11280m 11280mv> [97 bl] [462563 exp] Ok.
[ 85% ] < 85% > <9681hp 11280m 11280mv> [97 bl] [462563 exp]
You sure are BLEEDING!
Bair's magical shields attack you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
[ 18% ] < 18% > <2122hp 11280m 11280mv> [97 bl] [462563 exp] look
Goat Pen
[Exits: east]
A large part of the pasture as been cornered off, and made into
a goat pen to keep these animals under control.
A large yellow bale of hay has been left for the goats.
[ 18% ] < 18% > <2122hp 11280m 11280mv> [97 bl] [462563 exp] flee
You relax from your fighting stance.
Mountain Pasture
[Exits: east south west]
This is a large mountain pasture, but the grass is very rough
and would not be suitable for sheep or cattle, their delicate
constitutions would would not be able to stomach it.
The grey haired mountain goat is wandering about grazing on the mountain pasture.
You flee from combat! Coward!

Doesn't look fixed to me...blackdeath did 15% to myself, which is fine, and then i continued to attack myself and my shields did 67% to myself in one round. Cool.
Likwid
Ancilla

Post by Likwid »

wow i was told by an admin today that it had been fixed...i guess not then...perhaps the fixing of the dominate/alias thing should be held off until it is fixed for sure
Exulia
Ancilla

Post by Exulia »

Yeah Karik, it is not a trigger. Triggers effect things that you do from feed of the game. So for example, if someone commanded you to blackdeath yourself and you had a trigger that said #TRIGGER "Such and such commands you blah blah" {Smile}. You would do the command, such as blackdeath, then smile. So like bair said, it's an actual in-game alias. Allowing you to change things like "throw" to do like 'addalias throw smile' just like people were/are doing with the blackdeath. Which completely wouldn't follow Dominate, becaues you could use aliases to get around everything and basically be uncommandable, UNLESS someone commands you to do something like "blackdea" or something of the sort. I know I have aliases that I could type just "stake" and it would stake the person I was just fighting, which the alias does "stak person". Just like "kill, ki, k ,kil" etc. So it's not a trigger and an in-game alias like bair said. So now that the cat is really out of the bag, dominate is basically useless if someone knows what they are doing with in-game aliases. :lol:

cheers.
Exulia, the Noble Ventrue
Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Guthrie »

nods . it's not a trigger karik.
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

It's an alias. We have all these rules forbidding triggers and ****, strict trigger rules, yet people are rendering dominate useless by using aliases.
aaiyee
Ancilla

Post by aaiyee »

great alias is helping countering the blackdeath bug....isn't so bad right..
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

aaiyee wrote:great alias is helping countering the blackdeath bug....isn't so bad right..
it's not a bug.
ghnat
Antediluvian

alias in game

Post by ghnat »

command should not command you to do something which is aliased.
you should do what your COMMANDED to do. blight does a lot more damage than blackdeath on self. these 2 skills need to be fixed before the way in which command works is. there is a limit to number of aliases so there are still things you can command people to do. i wonder if someone commands you to do something which is aliased which you normally couldn't command someone to do....... would it work. therefore use peoples aliases against them..... so just experiment cause i guess we all have some aliases
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

Love how people are making demands of admin on something they believe is wrong.. and how the game is coded. Seems the problems are a bi-product of how people play the game. Cant stand it when someone beats you because they were trickier than you? Look - if admin found it and believed there was an issue, they will do something about it, let alone post and lock this so pointless complaints don't continue without good reason..

Unless like me they've been enjoying just how ..menial the bickering is.
Get over it n play the frakkin game.
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
Likwid
Ancilla

Post by Likwid »

actually i had mentioned it in game and kaida had asked me to post it here so ....f u! :twisted:
Arkhinor
Antediluvian

Post by Arkhinor »

Still believe its because we play in a dirty era of tacticians and whatnot.

by the way..what is 'f u' .. sounds like half a word broken up into letters, forget how to spell? :twisted:
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
Likwid
Ancilla

Post by Likwid »

my mom says its bad to say the **** word...but **** it **** **** **** ****!!!...im sure even the slow kids like arkhinor will know what the U part meant... :roll:
Voratic
Ancilla

Post by Voratic »

guys he's not saying it's a "trigger" he's saying by definition it should be considered a trigger because you are not doing anything other than letting something "trigger" for you when you are commanded to blackdeath. I know and karik knows it's a so-called "alias" but in truth this acts more like a trigger to prevent you from hurting yourself...it's not like u have to type anything to prevent the blackdeath self.