Arena?

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Exulia
Ancilla

Arena?

Post by Exulia »

The arena is a no-sight area? You would think like Infravision SHOULD allow you to see into dark area's cause it makes sense.

Infravision - In fantasy fiction, infravision is infrared vision; it is vision that, by detecting infrared radiation, senses heat rather than light. Creatures with infravision are able to see in complete darkness.

But I fought Dell in Arena and it was completely no seeing at all, what is up with this? During the whole time of the day it was dark, even at 11am.

Also, I think Stake should be removed out of Arena or if you get staked, it takes you out of Arena. Arena is meant to be for status fights and not stakes AND status.
Exulia, the Noble Ventrue
Karik
Antediluvian

Re: Arena?

Post by Karik »

Arena is not an outside area - hence no light.

And if we are getting technical, Vampires are undead, no heat / no warmth.

So infravision, which senses heat technically should not sense that which does not give off heat. If we examine this further, undead mobs also should not be seen with infravision either, nor should corpses, items on the ground, or room descriptions when it is dark.

To change the mobs, I believe admin would have to add a flag marking mob types, flying, swimming, undead, ect, so that anything marked with a specific mob type could be exempt from the infravision rule of being seen in the dark.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
aaiyee
Ancilla

Post by aaiyee »

Karik, vampire is a matter. All matter absorb heat from the sun.
Rikus
Methuselah
Clan: Nosferatu

Post by Rikus »

Items and corpses aren't seen with infravision. Run around as a mortal and you'll see. You see items/corpses/room descriptions with Nightsight.
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

aaiyee wrote:Karik, vampire is a matter. All matter absorb heat from the sun.
Yes, they do absorb heat from the sun, but seeming how the arena is a dark place, there would be no sun to absorb, i guess if u guys wanted to get the coders THAT involved into infravision, you could have a little absorption meter on your character, the longer ur in the sun, the hotter you get. as u get in the dark, the meter moves down, making you less and less hott, thus not able to see as well with infravision, maybe fade in and out of sight. However, seeming how 99% of the mud has auspex, and you know what ur getting urself into if u dont choose it, id say it'd be rediculous to do any work to infravision, why not work on colour spray, or dispel evil while ur at it? :-P
Exulia
Ancilla

Post by Exulia »

Okay if it is an outside area, it should be light sometimes. Outside does have light and dark, I wouldn't of minded if it would of got light at some point but it was completely dark constantly.
Exulia, the Noble Ventrue