Shields

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Desades
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Shields

Post by Desades »

Anyone have an idea why u only have supernaturally hard fireballs, while u have four shields. Never seen ice/acid or shockshield go supernaturally.

Never took the time to think this one over... :?
-= May the Rose be with you =-
Niasen
Ancilla

Re: Shields

Post by Niasen »

Maybe its the extra spell you get from having hellfire on your weapons (the extra attack from it)?
Rikus
Methuselah
Clan: Nosferatu

Post by Rikus »

Fireball is random damage. Your other shields are linked to your size. Most players wont see supernats on those because they are very weak in relation to your stats.
Mischief
Antediluvian

Post by Mischief »

skinsparks.
bair
Antediluvian

Post by bair »

gameplay would be way too fast with sparks on more than one shield
Lesk
Antediluvian

Post by Lesk »

OH MY GOSH. The last post was actually a spam-bot WITH A BRAIN! I mean... you couldn't even tell if it was spam or not until you saw the link! I almost thought it was a player trying to be funny! Also, they posted in "The Helpdesk!" Wow... spam bots are starting to evolve... they now have an IQ of 0.5.
Lesk: I'll call my country... Toreadoria, and only good-looking people can live there.
Scilantius: Ok, look, i'm a bit too messed up at the moment to be able to hold an abastract conversation such as this :P
Desades
Antediluvian

Post by Desades »

Pretty sure the spambot is Malkavian :mrgreen:
-= May the Rose be with you =-
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

so having higher red spell level will increase all shield damage at the start of the game. fireball crits come from having grand sorcerer in all spells(this works only for fireshield and fireball spells and flaming on weapons). there was plans to give the blood/holy/dark shield to mortals but i am guessing the playability of it just got to hard and the admin all gave up. if you go to krynne you can infuse armor shields with bloodshield and it gives you the status requirements for the shields. but unfortunately the runes dont exist yet. basically you get 1 shield per status level from warrior to destroyer. some day the admin may restart this project but it seems like it would have to change dramatically before that day comes as lots of interconnected things would be affected by adding those shields.