Vampire Hunter Guild

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Dlok
Elder
Clan: Brujah

Vampire Hunter Guild

Post by Dlok »

IDEA: Vampire Hunters Guild

to become a hunter, it costs 2million exp and say 50primal and must find the "rebite" mob for the hunters (like Krynne)...Costs could be anything, something difficult though...

Idea would be similar to "day walker" from "blade runner"...
...certain abilities of a vampire, not many of the draw backs...the "hunter" would be a little weaker than a vampire (of course)

the hunters guild would have no "set" leaders...no rebite from players...no princes...no politics...
each player to their own, or they can group together as a pack of hunters/as each chooses

Abilities...
1 1 set "hunter" clandis (the ability to hunt a vampire/player/no hunt lag)
2 choose 3 "vampire" clandis'
3 regen like vampire, but they drink "special" liquid for energy (MUD placed elixir)
4 Entrance to Joker's Castle created somewhere (htos?)
5 can be staked, loose all abilities/become non-hunter, maybe require a certain Hunter stake
6 PK is the same as it has been...maybe a different notice when a hunter caps a vampire

I was thinking this could be a good way for old school or brand new players, a different option to create a fun alternative to "vampires"...something different

The coding shouldnt be too difficult, a little testing here and there...

Add any suggestions/ideas/comments...what do YOU think?
*Dlok screams a battle cry and vanishes*
Karik
Antediluvian

Re: Vampire Hunter Guild

Post by Karik »

4 Entrance to Joker's Castle created somewhere (htos?)
Technically new entrance not needed.

There are several defunct clans rooms with connections to jokers.

Rooms can be created for that use alone, or a previous no longer used could be comandeered for the purpose. May even sugest the old Cappa Clan room for that purpose.

Just a suggestion on that point.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

there needs to be an entrance to jokers castle anyway..i dont understand why there isnt? how is a non-vamp supposed to quest if they cant get to jokers? you should just be able to go up from exe or some **** to get to jokers basement. i dont see the harm.
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

bair wrote:there needs to be an entrance to jokers castle anyway..i dont understand why there isnt? how is a non-vamp supposed to quest if they cant get to jokers? you should just be able to go up from exe or some **** to get to jokers basement. i dont see the harm.
From my understanding mortals wouldn't be able to get to the 'other' side for thier safety.

If they are big enough to survive the other side of Jokers, they should be Clanned anyways.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
korvecdal
Methuselah

Post by korvecdal »

there is a way to jokers ,just requires a key to get through the gate..
~^There Are Worlds Other Than These^~
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

Karik wrote:
bair wrote:there needs to be an entrance to jokers castle anyway..i dont understand why there isnt? how is a non-vamp supposed to quest if they cant get to jokers? you should just be able to go up from exe or some **** to get to jokers basement. i dont see the harm.
From my understanding mortals wouldn't be able to get to the 'other' side for thier safety.

If they are big enough to survive the other side of Jokers, they should be Clanned anyways.
i was under the impression that players could choose to stay human. you shouldnt have to be a vampire or be in a clan to access 75% of the rooms on the mud.
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

korvecdal wrote:there is a way to jokers ,just requires a key to get through the gate..
You are correct Korv, I did forget about the key you could purchase in Midgaard to allow you access to Joker's side river.
~Karik

Dlok
Elder

Post by Dlok »

A "safe" haven, or clan hall, is not needed/wanted for "hunters guild" there are plenty of safe rooms for the "non-vampires" to hide in/quest in/so forth, also the hunters will have the option of being all alone...no politics...But a room that links Jokers Castle to an area that mortals/non-vampires can get too, will be needed...

I was thinking HTOS, because you dont want the room to be to easy to be accessed...if it was too easy, then clan halls would serve less of a purpose...

Maybe a good spot, would be set up in the quest machine room...maybe an "up" exit, entering somewhere in the "basement" of joker's castle...1 way travel for hunters...

Any ideas/suggestions....do you like, dislike the "hunters guild" idea??

Lets focus on the concept, lets see if we can get something installed that would be fun for us...
...all i have seen is bickering on the "idea" of a joker castle second entrance...focus people, focus...
theobell
Neonate

Post by theobell »

I think it would be a great idea. i have seen this done on other muds. it is fun and adds to game play
Dlok
Elder

Post by Dlok »

Lets Bring This Discussion back to the light...

Azazel, help us, help you...bring back this mud!

*You hear faint chanting, "azazel, Azazel, AZazel, AZAzel, AZAZEl, AZAZEL!!!"
Askim
Ancilla
Clan: Malkavian

Post by Askim »

Isn't the Ventrue CH in HTOS? I'm at least certain there's already a CH entrance there, would that cause problems with another CH entrance?
---
AsKiM
.o0OMaLkAvIaN MaDnEsSO0o.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

yes ch for ventrue is htos
hunter entrance through sewers where ventrue used to be till i got wind of the stench down there and uprooted the clan. hunters would be cool but would be hunted tirelessly unless someone hero + did it