New here..so...I need history.

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

gregori
Neonate

New here..so...I need history.

Post by gregori »

The helpfiles say that Tremere are getting retooled, but the player base
says that Tremere are gone for good. What was the issue behind this?
Was it just a dead clan? Was there a code issue?

Just curious.
Karik
Antediluvian

Re: New here..so...I need history.

Post by Karik »

From my understanding the player base was not big enough to support having that many clans and I believe Admin had stated that they would not open up the other clans until the player base grew or the existing clans filled out more.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
artimus
Ancilla

Post by artimus »

Well the game is a waist of time that people who have waisted more of there life than you possibly can **** you over at every turn ... so while you can save your self from the agrivation... because in order to get anywhere you have to kiss *** and spend about 400 hours before your even able to participate in the game and once you get there people will **** with you and screw you over and break your eq for pking. so my advice to new players is to stop dont play dont waist your time with this game.. because when the admins make rules they only uphold them when its convienent for them .
artimus
Ancilla

Post by artimus »

Well the game is a waist of time that people who have waisted more of there life than you possibly can **** you over at every turn ... so while you can save your self from the agrivation... because in order to get anywhere you have to kiss *** and spend about 400 hours before your even able to participate in the game and once you get there people will **** with you and screw you over and break your eq for pking. so my advice to new players is to stop dont play dont waist your time with this game.. because when the admins make rules they only uphold them when its convienent for them .

I think the real issue is why people leave the mud. People leave the mud for many reasons, but the overall reason usually is that it isnt fun anymore. Big game advances like Nod only apply to the bigger clans and the littler clans when they've kissed mega *** and are on at the right times.

Another thing is all the whiny bitches. For me, people couldnt catch me so I had to listen to them insult my mother, my sexuality, my age and appearance. Is it my fault that on a pk mud, I choose something different than the common sit in once place and die method? The players of this mud do not care for anything except what they want. I know others get the same treatment. Crap carried over from other muds. People who talk so much crap and let their pride get in the way.

I guess there is no solution to the crap. No set of rules will change anything. It is the way of the mud.

so in sumation dont waist your time
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

because in order to get anywhere you have to kiss *** and spend about 400 hours before your even able to participate in the game
this is the same in ANY multiplayer game, u kiss *** to the big ones in hopes theyll help you out. as for the 400 hour comment, thats entirely not true there is lots of things to do, even at low levels.

fact: if your getting kicked around and beaten up, youve pissed off someone.
because when the admins make rules they only uphold them when its convienent for them .
also not true. the admin uphold their rules as much as possible, sometimes, situations don't get noticed.

fact: if youve pissed someone off, and they notice you may be doing something thats even SLIGHTLY bending the rules, they will tell and admin

fact: if everyone likes you, no one is going to rat you out to an admin unless its something severe

Big game advances like Nod only apply to the bigger clans and the littler clans when they've kissed mega *** and are on at the right times.
there needs to be things for big people to do in the game too. if everyone could get every upgrade by 10k, chances are there would be even less people playing right now. ALL clans participate in a nod run, if you see someone on that can help you, you grab them. chances are if everyone needs nod, they wont care who's in what clan.
Another thing is all the whiny bitches. For me, people couldnt catch me so I had to listen to them insult my mother, my sexuality, my age and appearance.
just another fact of life, if someone is trying to catch you or beat you and they cant. they will insult you until you come after them.

advice: dont take insults too seriously, especially on a game. if you've got people constantly raping you, the absolute best thing to do is apologize a couple times, then just take the beating and shut up. if ur whining the entire time or complaining, or just talking in general, ur gonna get beaten even more.
The players of this mud do not care for anything except what they want.
also, entirely not true. most ALL big players go out of their way to help little ones.

for one, its more fun to gather equipment or anything for someone then it is to bash.
for two, everyone likes to be recognized.

if no one helped you, chances are, you were being a dickhead about something, or demanding help instead of asking, or just asking over and over again. no offense artimis, but you can be kinda a **** like that. most all new people get more help then they could possibly use

PK will always be rough. if you are always running and never choose to fight someone (even if you know your going to lose) your going to be labelled as a pansy. if you want some credibility. dont be afraid to PK, even someone 3 times ur size..i do it all the time. give them a run for their money, but dont just run run run then quit, it is kinda a deusch move. if you get a higher status, fight people, dont run around and try to hold it, knowing you cant possibly beat anyone in that range. fight someone bigger, lose the status, then get it back again.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

well original question was about tremere... i doubt it will ever be back.
to artimus, i helped you a lot even knowing your past and you left my clan. i didn't hunt you like people used to when you left their clan. wtf do you want. i still helped you with runs after you left the clan.. another thing no one would have done for clan jumpers 2 yrs ago. have you noticed atm there are heaps of people over 10k as advents, that should not exist. cause stupid dicks who won't fight stop people from reaching champ. likwid was slayer at 10.5k and thats only 1 yr ago. if only you realised being decapped actually means you can be safe at higher status lvls. so the more times you are capped the better it is for you. especially at advent cause the gap between fighter and advent is so huge that any advent going down to fighter can rip fighters a new one. if someone is continually harassing you complain to me, complain to admin, complain to some big fucker who you know cares and you'll find the problem goes away fairly quickly.
devex
Admin

Post by devex »

Every player sets their own scene for the game. Its a PK game you will expect to get your level of backstabbing and other things. However you can choose to ***** and moan about it and retaliate in a childish unthought out maner which is guaranteed to make you the wrong kind of friends. My experience is usually those who call upon themselfs trouble will find it. And they are often the ones who scream louder when their actions bring forth concequences.
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

i swear to god if you spell waste wrong one more time im going to kill myself
Niasen
Ancilla

Post by Niasen »

Dont waist your life Bair.

side note....All clans get same clandisc so it doesnt really matter what clan you are in now huh? and who roleplays? (except dlok, and he only does it because he doesnt have a real personality.)

oh and.

Booyah. Quit your crying artimus it is a damn game!
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

bair wrote:i swear to god if you spell waste wrong one more time im going to kill myself
ROFL

As I was reading down and seeing "waist" written that many times, I had to chuckle, but then Bair you pointed out exactly what I was laughing about and no one else either noticed or cared about.

[chuckles]
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
marlboro
Methuselah

Post by marlboro »

he deleted because i staked one of his alts wich he let known after he deleted it it was caitiff and admin even said he was about to revamp him anyway i just saved the trouble. the reason i was after artimus was because he staked one of my clannies for what sonja and eli or what ever his name was staked and fed him. dont know reason for it but who cares.
note to artimus if you deleted sorry to see ya go mud needs more pbase but the comments you made were not good. and as for the reason of the original post yea tremere is dead because no pbase.
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

nono artimus is still around. I think I staked him today or something.
gregori
Neonate

Post by gregori »

Okay, so the answer was basically that the game didn't
have the population to support additional clans.

serucard
Neonate

Post by serucard »

artimus wrote:Well the game is a waist of time that people who have waisted more of there life than you possibly can **** you over at every turn ... so while you can save your self from the agrivation... because in order to get anywhere you have to kiss *** and spend about 400 hours before your even able to participate in the game and once you get there people will **** with you and screw you over and break your eq for pking. so my advice to new players is to stop dont play dont waist your time with this game.. because when the admins make rules they only uphold them when its convienent for them .

I think the real issue is why people leave the mud. People leave the mud for many reasons, but the overall reason usually is that it isnt fun anymore. Big game advances like Nod only apply to the bigger clans and the littler clans when they've kissed mega *** and are on at the right times.

Another thing is all the whiny bitches. For me, people couldnt catch me so I had to listen to them insult my mother, my sexuality, my age and appearance. Is it my fault that on a pk mud, I choose something different than the common sit in once place and die method? The players of this mud do not care for anything except what they want. I know others get the same treatment. Crap carried over from other muds. People who talk so much crap and let their pride get in the way.

I guess there is no solution to the crap. No set of rules will change anything. It is the way of the mud.

so in sumation dont waist your time
Sorry I was just reading through the excessive behavior thread and the part from I think the real issue is why people leave the mud to the end was originally posted by Sent.

hehe sorry just saw it and laughed
Mase
Ancilla

Post by Mase »

That's true Serucard, I read that and recognized it, but it was part of a thread that was recently cleared so I couldn't find it. Generally when you quote someone else's post, it's polite to give them credit for their ideas. Also, coherent sentences suddenly appearing part-way through that post really threw me for a loop.

For some of us, the adrenaline rush from PK and the camaraderie with other players trumps the pervasive whining and arrogance. A little patience and understanding combined with a willingness to PK anyone in your status range can go a long way towards improving your experience and reputation.
maleena
Methuselah

Post by maleena »

Insert some clever snivelling from Artimus here

For one - Don't tell people your past characters. Chances are if people didn't like you then, they probably won't like you now. This leads to personal "KOS" vendettas. If you "waisted" 400 hours of your life, well that's a choice you made. No one put a gun to your head and made you keep playing and returning time after time as you found things that you discovered weren't so cozy or up to your liking. It's a PK game. PLAYER KILL not PLAY KINDLY. There are clans/legions whatever, and in war and with vendettas, it's not about dying for YOUR clan, it's all about making that other bastard die for his. Although I don't nessicarily agree with the fact that people dog you for your looks, sexuality, your mother, your dog, your cat, the fact that your walls are painted blue or that you work at Starbucks (some of that is just there as an example just an fyi for those reading). But you KNOW people are going to react to you in some way if they don't agree with you. Do you just ignore them when they do? Or do you flap your pie hole, adding more logs to the fire and then crying when the flames come up an' singe ur arse hair?