Special clan power

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Desades
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Special clan power

Post by Desades »

I was just browsing on the wickepedia-site and read that in earlier RPG's with the vampire theme, all clans had their own special power - a clandiscipline granted only to members of that clan.
These are a few disciplines I managed to retrieve from the stuff I read - and I am sure I missed a few there - and that arent implemented as such in the current code (I think):

Presence : power of superhuman charisma (Toreador/Brujah/Ventrue)
Animalism : Control over animals (Gangrel/Nosferatu)
Dementation : Plague insanity on victim (Malkavian)
Resilience : The ability to shrug off immense damage (Malkavian)

Would it be cool if each clan had a specific discipline or skill for that matter? What do you think?
-= May the Rose be with you =-
teos
Methuselah

Re: Special clan power

Post by teos »

This kind of idea has come up a lot. The major problem that I see with anything of that nature is that because this is 99% a pk mud that people would figure out what clan has the power that is the most powerful from a ok aspect and flock almost exclusively to that clan. This of course would make things suck oh so much.

*goes back to only posting on clan forums*
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

have you not noticed how often people are screaming "MORE DISCIPLINES?" and spurting great, EASY ideas but they never happen? ya we dont have anyone willing to code this stuff. this place has progessed as far as it's going to imo.
Tarasque
Methuselah

Post by Tarasque »

Not entirely true. I know of a few offers to code... even recent ones. It comes down to how the Admin want the game to evolve...

Tarasque
Mischief
Antediluvian

Post by Mischief »

No one is posting enough about coding my special personal power.
bair
Antediluvian

Post by bair »

the game has, is not, and will never evolve. its quite obvious that nothing will ever change considering the large amount of good ideas present and supported by the players. these ideas are not even acknowledged. they probably dont even read this ****. if they do, i'd be surprised, because its extremely cuntlike for them to read the 500 threads that have been started about new ideas and give absolutely no input whatsoever. if the coders read our threads then i would be real fuckin mad considering they dont tell us ****.
maleena
Methuselah

Post by maleena »

In their defense, Bair, as an operator of several clone games,I would say: why tell everyone EVERYTHING that's going to get changed? Kind of ruins the element of suprise, which is part of what motivates some people to code and their creativity. Personally, on the projects that I have worked on, the more people pregnant dogged about things, the longer my staff would take doing them.

And I have to agree with Teos, 1000000%. Unless than even further step was taken to prevent people from clanhopping/whoring, people would surf around and all join the same one to gain that particular power. But if that were to happen, the extra step to prevent this from happening would prevent people from leaving a clan for a real legimate reason. People would just end up pissing and crying and bleeding all over from the potential issues that could be brought up by some of this stuff. These things are a team effort by the admin - real lives, illness, children/family, time zone differences all play into when things get done. I'm sure that IF they were working on any of these things that why wouldn't want to release one power at a time as this would imbalance the game and lead to some serious pregger doging.

It's cuntlike for them to read 500 threads? Pffffffffffffffffft. Just because they don't respond to anyone doesn't mean that ideas aren't being considered, it also does not guarantee that ideas are put into consideration either. With the language you used Bair, in this thread, I know if I had a say so, that I wouldn't work on anything - Just out of spite alone.
bair
Antediluvian

Post by bair »

maleena wrote:With the language you used Bair, in this thread, I know if I had a say so, that I wouldn't work on anything - Just out of spite alone.
thats fine....because they arent working on anything anyway. and if they were, and they wouldnt work on it just because of what 1 player said, then it obviously isnt even a change worth making. im not bashing on the coding team, its their mud, if they dont want to change it, or dont feel like doing it, i dont blame them at all. i sure as **** wouldnt want to do it. im just saying they arent going to change anything, but if they were going to change something, they should tell us at least something. mainly because they sure as hell need our input.
Karik
Antediluvian

Post by Karik »

Nosferatu super power - FEAR (fear the ugly - attackers hitroll drops - ewww don't wanna touch it)

Malkavian super power - Confusion (causes confusion in attackers, all rooms become randomized and all chat channels become gibberish)

Toreador super power - Distracted by shiny things... errr... Stun (the ability to stun someone just by looking at them)

Brujah super power - Fury (increased damage)

Gangrel super power - Claws & Fangs (extra attacks, no matter the discipline and hits more often)

Ventrue super power - Presence (makes it harder to hit them)

Would be interesting.
~Karik

-I had an imaginary playmate who bullied me constantly until I shoved him into the lake and held his head under. When the bubbles stopped I felt immensely relieved. The bastard had been making my life hell for years.
marlboro
Methuselah

Post by marlboro »

i like that karik my super power would be mush = melts into mush at the mere thought of being attacked. <being im the one turning into mush>