Areas - Exp - Bashing

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Azazel
Admin

Areas - Exp - Bashing

Post by Azazel »

Are there not enough bashing areas for different sized people? I am totally out of the loop on this, but would think this would be easy enough to fix. I know a large number of new areas should be live on the mud sometime during the next week. Old areas that aren't being used can be adjusted.

Let's not turn this into a big discussion about exp. There are obviously issues there. We'll get to that. I'm more concerned about areas on the mud now.

Azazel
Valynn
Elder

Re: Areas

Post by Valynn »

OK, I can break it down per area if need be, but that will take a bit of time.

Suffice it to say, there are quite a few areas that are under-used.

Examples:

Deep for just harpoons
Shire - rarely seen for any kind of bashing, mainly item or two
Olympus - quest items
Valley of Elves - quest item or two
Ofcol - quest item or two
Ergemont - quest items
Fairy realm - low level bashing
drow - bashed (low / med level)
galaxy - only pleaides are bashed (one room)
htos - somewhat bashed (low level)
drac towers - bashed in conjuction with htos (low level)
Ronir docks - quest items
emerald forest - quest items
alaynia - big player bashing (well liked)
Tristram (all levels) - bashed by med - high level.
camelot - quest items
bathory - quest items / bashing
witches forest - quest items
solace - quest items
cyrstalmere lake - nest bashing / drac bashing
ygdrassil - somewhat bashed
wanderer area (north of ygdrassil) - not used at all
krytos - quest items
joker sea - travelling
pyramids - quest items
Ice realm (under jokers castle) - quest items
snowy realm - bashing but not used much
oak forest - travelling / quest
plague village - quest
frightened village - quest

That is just off the top of my head.

There are many areas that are mainly never gone to, or just plain gone to to get one item and never gone to again.

Personally, an increase in mob counts in some areas might be cause for more player to bash certain areas.

Take for instance Ice realm under jokers castle, I believe the mob counts are one per mob type, so you do not have much in the way of mobs in there at all. This could be increased and have more mobs available to bash and make the area another viable option.
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

Any players have any comments?

Az
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

Quite simply...there aren't enough bash areas for most any size. There's one/two awesome bash areas for each size that people like to fight over. For almost every player...bashing seems to go like this: Elemental canyon/shire -> Drow/Pleadies -> Salt Mines -> Lava caves/crypts -> Alaynia.

Granted lava caves and crypts are huge...but their also quite...boring. But once you get big enough..alaynia is the only/best place that you get kicked out of by every player bigger then you currently on. There should be areas that are just as good as these somewhere else, so theres not bitching and complaining quite so much.
Desades
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Re: Areas - Exp - Bashing

Post by Desades »

I have to agree with Dell that everyone basically ends up fighting for the same bashingplace when they reach a certain level.

Maybe these popular zones can repop faster so enuff mobbies are available when more people bash same area.

Or under-used zones could get a boost (more and bigger mobs) to make them more interesting for ppl to bash them - like Valynn pretty much suggested :wink: .

Or discard a couple of the zones that are never used and re-use the space for copies of popular bashing spots.
-= May the Rose be with you =-
Arkhinor
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Arkhinor »

I believe part of the issue IS to do with xp..so ill try n leave it out as has been asked but will just make mention of

the people who actually sit down and work out their xp per hour or whatever are the ones who want bang for buck - alaynia, crypts right

the ones who dont, but are large ..or rather TOO large to bash places like catacombs and even lava caves will naturally move to the same spots as the ppl mentioned above

the ones who will bash wherever they've been shoved into (rare because people want prime bashing space) will bash places like lava..deep, salt..like whatever is left

I believe what has been said in the past is a need for new areas for high end players. Now obviously the boredom factor cannot be fixed in this thread - but new areas or boosted areas for bashing purposes rather than solely questing purposes may be worth a shot, such as ice tunnells, deep (which would extend the run), EASier access to IO for bashing purposes and offset difficulty of getting an IO due to ease of access maybe, the wyrmberg place? octarine? oly? vamppits? (maybe even put options in old hall of heroes, push a button after clearing out the vamp guards 5 times and get a non-claim shynbald??) I do believe that uping the mobcount of areas will possibly clutter the place.. but if its in hand with nixing useless zones? or just changing the level of mobs in dwarven or arena or something ?..

countless possibilities - but i think its your bigger players asking for more here rather than the littluns because there are PLENTY of good bashing places to keep you busy if the prime ones arent available.. which really - as a smallby you probably wanna be away from easy access to keep you safe while your bashing..but then thats placement of areas n pk rubbish so ill stop there.

*shrugS* dunno what else to say
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
remar
Neonate

Post by remar »

I have found there to be a good amount of places to bash for my size so far. Pleiades and Drow get used alot by almost everyone close to my size, and i have bashed it a few times myself but it IS hard to get in there. I have found a few other places to bash giving the same exp amounts like Yew forest in Ultima and Drik'na. I believe it is probably bigger players(and me too eventually) who will need more areas. I believe at my size if you are questing any, you WILL find places to bash that are not used alot. For suggestions though, I think more mobs is a good idea in some places as would adjusting difficulty in other areas to help maintain some bashing areas for bigger players. Well that is my 2 cents
Remar
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

solace has some good rooms in it which i use even now if i am there.... the wonders of teleport....
but yeah the mobs i bash give the same xp as when i was 10k and yet the xp i need for 10 across has increased by roughly 10 times since 9999 across. it now costs me over 5 million for 10 across and yet i can't go anywhere to get better xp as i did when i was smaller and realised mobs weren't giving me enough xp.
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

problem being...if we make it easier to bash now....big ppls will complain because everyone will grow to their size soon...my solution...pwipe!! =]
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

If they make is easier to bash then big people can bash faster too. Its all about balance! There is no need for a ******* pwipe.
Guthrie
Antediluvian

Post by Guthrie »

ghnat wrote:solace has some good rooms in it which i use even now if i am there.... the wonders of teleport....
but yeah the mobs i bash give the same xp as when i was 10k and yet the xp i need for 10 across has increased by roughly 10 times since 9999 across. it now costs me over 5 million for 10 across and yet i can't go anywhere to get better xp as i did when i was smaller and realised mobs weren't giving me enough xp.

I've been bashing at a decent pace. You might need alot of experiance points to keep going up and yeah its slightly harder to get bigger... BUt you bash so much faster then those smaller guys.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

yes and no..... at 6k doing drow pleades gave 5 million per hr and at 20k doing horrors alaynia gives 5 million per hr.... relatively speaking being 6k the 5 million gives about 6 times more across than at 20k so 5 million per hr at 6k is way faster
bair
Antediluvian

Post by bair »

doing horrors alaynia can get slowed extremely quickly if youre teleporting. if you have someone to port to then its the best place to bash, even better than the shadow beings were, which is why i dont understand why they were buffed.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

they were buffed because i owned them:)
bair
Antediluvian

Post by bair »

as did i, but it wasnt any better exp than alaynia/capts, and its way more dangerous.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

oh well what a shame... its a zone for a run and you cant bash there.... i feel sad now
bair
Antediluvian

Post by bair »

god forbid we have a zone you can bash AND get items in, that would make too much sense
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

Alright. In every level-based MUD I've ever played (Level 1-50 say), there have been zones for people from level 1-5 to level in (newbie zone, ok we have that)
Level 5-15, a bit harder mobs, more exp (ok we have that)
Level 15-23, a bit harder mobs, more exp (Yep have that too)
Level 23-35, (yep we have that, notice the gap)
Level 35-50, (yep we have that, notice the gap again.)

The majority of people start bashing crypts/alaynia at what? 14k? 6k later, your EXP doubles again, and you're still bashing the same mobs from 6k ago. then once you actually get to 25k, you're once again still bashing the same mobs, same areas since 11k ago. This is the 'gap' I speak of. These gaps need to be filled in.

This is the issue that is keeping me from bashing. This is the issue that is keeping me from
wanting to stick around and play the game I enjoy, and it's been the issue for many others.