Areas - suggestions

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Kalamire
Methuselah

Areas - suggestions

Post by Kalamire »

Some of the greatest moments in the game for people were when they were starting out and you had the adventure/fun of going with bigger clannies to get eq, I remember going for my Rops. Back then it was like a 4 hour event and fun as hell. Even chitin use to be fun when it took 5-6 people and hours to do, Now it seems like every new mortal who joins can get all their eq except for maybe 1-2 pieces in 1 evening by their justicar. I would like to see some of that previous adventure brought back where it took many people several hours and even preparation before attempting a eq run.
Azazel
Admin

Re: Areas - suggestions

Post by Azazel »

This post really didn't have anything to do with exp and bashing, so I split it into a different topic. Feel free to contribute on here.
Askim
Ancilla
Clan: Malkavian

Post by Askim »

The problem I see with that, and I'm only trying to be constructive here, is that loooooooooooong runs don't get done. I STILL don't have anklets because no one wants to go on that run cause it takes too long, etc. (Well, that and I can't seem to get a good one even when I do get to go on a run.)
---
AsKiM
.o0OMaLkAvIaN MaDnEsSO0o.
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

the anklet run is ******* stupid as hell. there is no way a run that hard should ever produce a shitty *** item.
Arkhinor
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Arkhinor »

I've been on that run with enough people (not extensive amounts..just enough people) and taken less than an hour. between 30 - 60minutes is not THAT long - holy heck, that runs fine - its just annoying because of the chance of getting a crappy anklet, PLUS the random chance that despite the size of the group it can turn out quite an annoyingly long run too. Annoying is not the same as improper. Talons take a long time, i remember the first time i ever did slayers when they first came in..i had to wait for my curse spell to wear off because I was ill-prepared. Point is - the fun i had on the run was with my friends..the moment we realised i needed to flee-solo the lastbit..the challenge of doing something the same way bloody Destarte and Wolff were doing was the 'reward' i guess.. idunno, i failed that time and probably a few months later got the swords.. LENGTH and CHALLENGE are part of the adventure. This is not about convenience or ease of access. If it was a bloody cakewalk then EVERYONE would have anklets and again everyone would be evenly pitched..hence why its hard to get to make it an advantage.

For heavensake stop expecting things to be a)EASY or b)handed to you. You've got two hands and a heartbeat, friggin work for it.

Thankyou btw Az for encouraging thought/feedback/challenge of how the place is running/can be changed. Good times
Sorry if it comes across as trolling from my end bair - just putting in my 10cents
WATCH YOUR LEGGGSSS!! :twisted:
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

well slayers can be done by myself + 1 person say 12k and the person trying for the slayers with a few flees to stay alive in large rooms but moving as a group.... much safer much more chance of success. talons run is acutally a easier run than slayers when you look at it, just a lot longer
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

re: getting boring/having no reason to bash if everything is the same 10k-25k

I always thought a 'spellbook' slot would be cool, maybe for 20k+ (run).
Kind of acts as a discipline

1 spell does a nice chunk of damage
2nd spell does some kind of negative effect on your enemy
3rd spell does a positive enhancement on yourself

and you can read one spell from the book and it has a cool down. was just a thought i had a few years ago.

maybe minor spellbooks for 7k-12k, stronger ones 12-20k? iunno.
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

Sonja wrote:re: getting boring/having no reason to bash if everything is the same 10k-25k

I always thought a 'spellbook' slot would be cool, maybe for 20k+ (run).
Kind of acts as a discipline

1 spell does a nice chunk of damage
2nd spell does some kind of negative effect on your enemy
3rd spell does a positive enhancement on yourself

and you can read one spell from the book and it has a cool down. was just a thought i had a few years ago.

maybe minor spellbooks for 7k-12k, stronger ones 12-20k? iunno.
pretty good idea