Excessive torso's/stakes

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Tolan
Neonate

Excessive torso's/stakes

Post by Tolan »

Earlier today Exulia and Secma logged on and, being unable to 2v1 Bair, staked his vagabond clannie, Reiz(who, to my knowledge, had no part in whatever went down between either of them and Bair other than that he was a Toreador). I attempted to heal Reiz up after the stake, but the two of them held him down for some time(10-15 minutes easy).

I am currently being staked and torso'd(has lasted a good 10-12 minutes) and, though the torso has just ended it seems the executioner has been killed, as i continue to bleed out even though I sit at Temple of Midgaard.

I ask of the administrators of the mud that somethign be done about the actions of Exulia and Secma.

Thank you,

-Tolan, of the clan Malkavian
Tolan
Neonate

Re: Excessive torso's/stakes

Post by Tolan »

Counting time spent morted due to being spam poisoned, this torso has lasted 17 minutes(11:33-11:50) and I am still being poisoned and morted.
Tolan
Neonate

Post by Tolan »

Now begins another torso, beginning at 11:58pm... 11:59pm... 12am... 12:01am... 12:02am... now at the 5-minute mark... allowed to stand up at 12:05 and instantly knocked down again... and again at 12:06... and again at 12:07. Adn again at 12:08 when I inform the attacker his actions have been reported on the forums. Once more at 12:09. Repeatedly being healed/morted.

Wonder why the mud has a small pbase?
Alakina
Ancilla

Post by Alakina »

Nothing too surprising there...
It's not about dying for my clan.
It's about making that other bastard die for his!
Isaac
Neonate

Post by Isaac »

Tolan newbies 'wonder why nobody plays this goddamn mud'.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]
[Beast 0] [Quest 491] [$0]
Tolan's eyes glow bright blue for a moment.

[0 xp] [hp m 0mv 58bl]
Yuri chats 'say im laughing so hard right now irl'.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]
Shilette newbies 'where can i find food'.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]
Secma newbies 'c create'.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]
The executioner shivers and suffers.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]
Tolan newbies 'dont make food'.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]
Eilistraee chats 'Lots of people play this mud'.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]
Tolan newbies 'type quit and never come back'.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]
Ponthar newbies 'I Not in mother hubbards house.'.
Yuri rasps 'i have tears rolling down my face'.
Tolan newbies 'people here blow'.

[0 xp] [hp m mv 58bl]

Proof of Tolan breaking the rules trying to make a player leave.
Tolan
Neonate

Post by Tolan »

If by "trying to make a player leave" you mean "trying to spare a player from being stake/torso'd for a total of approx. 1 hour for... healing someone they had been torsoing for 5-10 minutes and then letting them know their actions had been reported on the forums," then yes, that is precisely what happened.
Alakina
Ancilla

Post by Alakina »

Some people like it rough Tolan =]
Tolan
Neonate

Post by Tolan »

A stake or torso here and there, whatever. That's expected, it says so even in the help file.

However, the help file also specifies a time limit on torso's and a requirement that you actually let the person get themselves fixed up afterwards, including NOT getting rid of the executioner and letting them stay morted from poison for 10 minutes after your torso.
Isaac
Neonate

Post by Isaac »

Also, Yuri and Tolan constantly eggin me on saying things like:"
Yuri newbies 'yeah since your butt buddy is the justi it never affects you like all the peopel you stake so frivolously'." And so forth. After Ghnat would heal them they would keep talking.
Alakina
Ancilla

Post by Alakina »

Indeed it does. Give the admin time to react - they don't spend 24/7 on here just waiting for someone to break the rules yknow? Give it a rest. Send logs in a PM or more appropriately to the help/catch-all email to get yelp, yes?

Not the first time this has happened, and probably won't be the last. That's just the way that the game rolls. Worse has happened.
Tolan
Neonate

Post by Tolan »

Isaac wrote:Also, Yuri and Tolan constantly eggin me on saying things like:"
Yuri newbies 'yeah since your butt buddy is the justi it never affects you like all the peopel you stake so frivolously'." And so forth. After Ghnat would heal them they would keep talking.
Recommending you check the help file on torsoing and informing your actions were being reported is hardly egging you on.

And while I never personally suggested you were having relations with your Justicar, it does beg the question of how you manage to hold a place in your clan(or even on the mud as a... "hole." lol).
Mase
Ancilla

Post by Mase »

Yes it sucks. It's happened to everyone at least once, a repeated torso or one lasting far longer than the help file recommends.

Fortunately, action is often taken, either by admin or by the larger active players on the mud who look down on that practice.

However, here's a bit of advice based on common sense. If a vaga/rogue is being torsoed illegally by a champ and a warrior to draw out his justicar, that suggests their lack of interest in following rules. Do NOT heal up their torso while they're around, and do not address the situation on public channels. If you think there's a problem and someone is getting a bad deal, send a tell to an administrator or a bigger player in a different clan who could interfere without repercussions like yours. Otherwise, go about your business and be happy that your night isn't ruined. If you happen to be in that situation yourself, when you're finally able to stand up, I'd say log off for 30 minutes to an hour, post on the forum, and cool off. I know you're pissed and want to talk ****, but that actually gives whomever another reason to torso you again.

One last point: I have no business knowing whether this is your main or an alt character, but seriously, you've spent 40-50 hours on your character. Is a 1-night setback that truly didn't set you back at all really going to cause you to tell newbies to quit? Excessive torsoing is not what this mud is about and it doesn't happen often. Countless times I've seen people who spent hundreds or more than 1000 hours on their character chat "this mud sucks", delete, and show up 2 weeks later because they remembered why it was fun to play here and asked admin for a restore.
Dell
Antediluvian

Post by Dell »

Like Mase said..if your tiny and see someone getting torsoed for over 5 mins..dont try to interfere. Tell an admin or someone big. I know most ppls in Nosferatu will help out, myself included. Hell, most ppls dont like rule breakers. Let us know if it happens.
Tolan
Neonate

Post by Tolan »

He wasn't being torso'd anymore at that point, actually. He was sitting out there morted, staked and alone. I ported, healed him, Secma walked in instantly and smacked him back down. Exulia told me to bugger off and I did, granted after making a comment about staking and torsoing vagabonds.

Been reading the Helpdesk threads and it seems Exulia was sitebanned... and then allowed back on the mud?

I may be on the new side here, but Ive had some good help and good teachers who have told me this sort of **** isnt permitted to go down. A stake is one thing. A torso is one thing. 4 stakes, two of which put into vagabonds(possibly a 5th if yuri was staked twice as well) and about an hours worth of total torsoing because they weren't able to pk someone?

Solution - resiteban Exulia and Secma. They staked and torso'd a vagabond past the time limit set in the rules to get at his Justicar, as well as torsoing me for well over 3 times the time limit(or left me poisoned and took out exec - read the helpfile, Secma).
serucard
Neonate

Post by serucard »

Alright I just want to say, I am getting sick of people saying Secma this Secma that, Reiz wasn't held down, Reiz was put back together BY US! As for the poison thing, Exulia is the one who mentioned it I just agreed that we were told by Kaida that killing exe is not holding someone down.
Kanyon
Methuselah

Post by Kanyon »

Ok first who is Serucard and why are u defending Secma and Exulia? Second I will help any small clan member that Exulia and Secma torso as in the case with Reiz last night, Third stop ganging ppl and just play the game. And Dell is right any Nos that sees that happening to we will help. Thats where Dell and I stand so do it at your own risk.
Rikus
Methuselah
Clan: Nosferatu

Post by Rikus »

Serucard is Secma.

And I'm on board with Dell and Kanyon.
serucard
Neonate

Post by serucard »

Okay i didn't gang anyone last night you ignorant ****, and you should have already known who it was seeing as how I have told you. Besides that, you stood there while your ******* clannie jumped in on ganging. So you don't stand for it... unless it's someone you like.
ponthar
Neonate

Post by ponthar »

Someone consider locking this thread?
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

Ok, let's cut to the chase on this one.

Secma (Serucard) and Exulia (Isaac) are starting their own VW derivative mud. Secma has been advertising on the mud and the forums (private messages) for at least several days now. They (I'm assuming Exulia has as well, if not - my apologies) sent tells to Bair (among others) inviting them to play their mud. Now a funny thing happened, Bair (and others) told them to F off. So, that's what started all of this.

So, as you can see this is a little bit more complicated than a simple stake or torso. I'm sure they expect quick and harsh punishment. It's not happening. The mud can and should discipline them.

I removed Secma's justicar flag. I will not have justicars advertising other muds here.

I do wish them luck on their game. I may even check it out at some point. I'm sure they'll find it's not as easy as they think it is.

They have been asked to stop advertising. If they continue to then they will be deleted.

Azazel
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

Tolan wrote:Now begins another torso, beginning at 11:58pm... 11:59pm... 12am... 12:01am... 12:02am... now at the 5-minute mark... allowed to stand up at 12:05 and instantly knocked down again... and again at 12:06... and again at 12:07. Adn again at 12:08 when I inform the attacker his actions have been reported on the forums. Once more at 12:09. Repeatedly being healed/morted.

Wonder why the mud has a small pbase?

The mud has a small pbase for a variety of reasons. Number 1 is the lack of an admin presence over the past 6 months to a year. This is the biggest reason, by far. This has been remedied. Other problems are numerous (WoW anyone?) so I won't mention them all.

Tolan - when I started there were NO rules about torsoing/etc. Staking was a daily thing. My first char would be staked because he was in another clan and online. I would get staked 5 and 10 times a day. The pbase at that time was similar to what it is now.

I am not trying to lessen the problems you had. I put the torso rule in myself. 17 minutes is well over the limit. I do think Mase and others offered you a bit of helpful advice to prevent that - but still that's no excuse for it happening. The players you have dealt with have a bit of a colorful past here. I don't expect they'll be here much longer (of their own accord). Don't let their behavior discourage you. I'm not gonna get to much into the details but it's a complicated situation. I hope you will take my word on this.

I do hope that you won't let that discourage you. This issue will be dealt with, but probably not in the manner you'd like to see.

Azazel