Website Request

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Spinister
Neonate

Website Request

Post by Spinister »

I am currently making a website for Malkavian, but I have a request. Would it be possible to have an API to read the help files? I have no problem writing this, and submitting it for review. However, I'd love to be able to have live help documents as part of our clans website, so we can be a source of knowledge for all of the players of this mud, whether they have been playing since the original, or have only been on the game for a few days.

Basically, the format of the API would be something like this:

http://new.vampire-wars.com/api/gethelp ... =attribute

And this would return:

"A player's ATTRIBUTES are his/her STR, INT, DEX, WIS, and CON.

These each affect various things:

STR - How many items you can carry, How much weight you can carry, and your hitroll and damroll.
INT - How much your practices increase your skill/spells.
WIS - Base WIS reduces cost of training mana.
DEX - Affects your AC, base DEX reduces cost of training move.
CON - Base CON reduces cost of training hps."

Once again, I will write this myself if need be, and everything so I don't have to have the exact location of where the file is, as well as add an encryption key if need to ensure 100% server side security. I would not be hitting this every time someone comes to a page. Rather than do that, I would get the text every morning, make it into an XML and save it into my database. However, this way I can guarantee that we have an up to date help file 100% of the time and we are not giving out false information on this mud.
Azazel
Admin

Re: Website Request

Post by Azazel »

This is not something we're willing to do at the current time. Ask again in a few months.

Az