Arena Betting Period

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Mordent
Ancilla

Arena Betting Period

Post by Mordent »

I've noticed that every single time I accept a challenge and enter the arena that the waiting period to allow bets causes me to lag out. Earlier today, for example, I waited a good three or four minutes before finally killing the connection and reconnecting. Of course, my opponent had already entered the arena and was waiting for me when I returned.

So, I have two questions:
1. Is there any setting I can change that will keep me from timing-out? I've tried inputting commands during the waiting period so that I'll know it's expired when the results of those commands come through but that doesn't seem to help keep the connection alive (or whatever is really going on to prevent my client from waking the hell up).

2. As I can see the point in the betting feature, could the time limit maybe be shortened or even made so that there's no waiting period at all under, say, Warrior status? After all, it doesn't really seem like a lot of people bother going to watch (much less bet on) fights between vagabonds or rogues. It's when the higher status players fight that people talk **** and are willing to put their money where their mouth is.

~Mordent
I am powerful, I am immortal,
I am cursed, I am the Darkness,
I am Brujah.
Dell
Antediluvian

Re: Arena Betting Period

Post by Dell »

Considering nothing ever gets done...this probably wont change