runes + blood letters

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

ghnat
Antediluvian

runes + blood letters

Post by ghnat »

a few people asked me what they were so i wrote up a quick explanation. i havent got every detail of primal usage correct to the t so just use it is a overview of the process

runes are something (like a gem) that you can place into your eq so that you have a spell affect permanently.
they do not have the same spell power as your cast spells until you reach 12k, otherwise they are about 3/4 of what they should be(this is only true for bless/darkbless, others are full power). to get them you need to do a run in octarine(3-4 people) and get a stone and also get magical leaf from octarine forest(no mobs to fight) then get a magical coin from twoflower(easy soloable). combine those 3 items to form a rune. then type imbue rune and it will give you a list of flowers to collect. once you collect a flower you need a small amount of primal and then type imbue rune flower. to choose which spell gets added to the rune you need to go see krynne and type infuse rune bless(any of bless, darkbless, giant str, armour, shield, stone skin). he will ask you to return to him some items in return for his services. give him the items then type infuse rune bless again. to create the socket which the rune will go into you need to find jax. you will see a area wide alert that you hear pounding and that tells you jax is somewhere in that zone and will have a extra exit from that zone to the up somewhere randomly placed. find him and take 1 million gold and type socket breastplate and he trans you to exe with a new hole in your armour. then you need to imbed rune breastplate and this i believe takes 100 primal. you can only imbed a fully imbued and infused rune. that might all sound confusing but i had to work that out pretty much for myself and took many wasted hours.

blood letters are like a gem you place into your weapons so that they add either 2 hitroll or 2 damroll to each weapon. you do a run which is in a area connected to bathory and you get a blood letter which you then do same thing as for the runes. imbue letter ....... but this time you need to collect dragonstones, which are quite easy compared to flowers except that they are autoclaim when flowers arent. so you imbue it then go to krynne and infuse it. then off to find my jax again and socket your weapons. then imbed letter talon and your done.

now neither of those 2 things can be done until you are 10k because the runs for the letter and wyrmberg stone(rune) + getting to jax are 10k minimum. so just remember to read this and think about it more once your 10k.
Mordent
Ancilla

Re: runes + blood letters

Post by Mordent »

Walk-throughs for both of the armor rune and weapon rune runs are posted on my site. Granted, a large player that is familiar with the runs will be leading those that have never done it before. It's still a good idea for everyone going on the run to know exactly what's going on and what might be expected of them before the run actually begins.

Just a note on primal costs:
25 primal per flower/dragonstone (train primal to 25 then imbue the item. don't train primal past 25 to keep xp costs down)
100 primal to imbed a fully charged rune into socketed weapon/gear
I am powerful, I am immortal,
I am cursed, I am the Darkness,
I am Brujah.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

need to keep this page current so others can view it:)
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

refresh save:)
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

btw mordent from time to time runs are actually 'forgotten' and people need to learn them from scratch. xard and myself had to discover talon run from scratch because all the olds at that time had gone torpor. i doubt many remember the defiler run well(as obsolete as it is now).
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

ghnat wrote:btw mordent from time to time runs are actually 'forgotten' and people need to learn them from scratch. xard and myself had to discover talon run from scratch because all the olds at that time had gone torpor. i doubt many remember the defiler run well(as obsolete as it is now).
I've been around and I remember everything about everything :)
I could run a talon run solo in no time!
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

i bet you could :twisted: