Mud activity and new players

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Zechs
Neonate

Mud activity and new players

Post by Zechs »

I've only been here a couple weeks now after a long break, so maybe this is just a short term bit, but in those 2 weeks there doesn't seem to have been many regular players online. Yes, theres been some, but most of the time not very long. I would think it safe to say I haven't come across 10 different players that seemed to be regulars yet. I don't even think the maximum number of players at any given time has exceeded 5 yet.

I'm really only bringing this up because real or not I got the sense that the mud was looking to draw new players back into it to help revive it somewhat. I have seen at least 5 new characters created in these 2 weeks, which I'm assuming weren't just alts, but maybe I'm wrong about that too. I do know at least 2 of them are new.

The problem is that there is no real activity to make these new players think they should stick around. The ones that are want to be recruited into clans, and I think becoming a vampire and joining a clan is an important part of wanting to stay and play on the mud. There just doesn't seem to be many people there to recruit them when these new players are joining, and it seems like they're dismissing staying with the mud because of it.

This is really for those of you which I'm sure still read the forums but maybe don't play it as often anymore. The new blood to help revive the mud is there. The fledgelings just need some guidance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rogue Zechs: The Lightning Baron
Newbie Lycaeum the mortal
Newbie Saryon the mortal
Vagabond Mogui stop crying and start dying
Vagabond Deladan Bellamorte
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 5 visible players.
There are a total of 5 players connected.

the middle 3 are all old players returing after a few years, or players of other muds who came across this one. It wouldn't be such a daunting task to retrain them if theyve forgotten.
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Re: Mud activity and new players

Post by bair »

its tiring to do this over and over again only to see them quit
ghnat
Antediluvian

Re: Mud activity and new players

Post by ghnat »

haha im around just a lot less than i used to be. if you need me pm me