Maybe its me!

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Jorake
Neonate

Maybe its me!

Post by Jorake »

The passed 2 times the mud has went down, it was when i was in the same area of drik'na and i had hurled all the mobs into the room. It could just be me, or coincidence. But maybe its a bug and there are to many mobs being killed at once and it over loads the server ? IDK.
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Re: Maybe its me!

Post by Sonja »

Ya you probably crashed the mud with all the mobs in the room. On any mud, don't overload a room with mobs, and especially don't do it in Drik'Na anymore. Thanks for reporting it.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

who is jorake?
Taipan
Elder
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Taipan »

corlin
Desades
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by Desades »

Jorake wrote:The passed 2 times the mud has went down, it was when i was in the same area of drik'na and i had hurled all the mobs into the room. It could just be me, or coincidence. But maybe its a bug and there are to many mobs being killed at once and it over loads the server ? IDK.

I have been hurling drik'na mobs into one room for the last months and never had a problem with that....
-= May the Rose be with you =-
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

too many mobs fighting at once usually doesnt crash the mud it usually lags the **** out of combat though. what is commonly known as bash lag where it is possible to have multiple casts of spells with no rounds of combat in between. this is because of a old code basically limiting the number of attacks the mud as a whole can have per round. so if someone like me bashs and then someone else hurls all the crap in drikna..... say goodbye to combat rounds. the only way ive seen to fix this is to shorten the length of time between rounds which would completely fix the problem but create a new one. the new problem is if combat rounds are quicker then people can bash faster and unbalance the old and new players for size vs age