Balance System

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Balance System

Post by Guthrie »

'Balance is the true path of the warrior'

This said, special code is put into place that affects the 'balance' of a player's hps/mana/move. The more balanced your stats are, the harder your hits hit.

This code starts to affect your player when you reach 3000 in any stat.
(hps/mana/move)

Seems that this system is broken. A lot of people are unbalancing to hit the next stat bonus. Some people have neglected stats all together after a certain point just to max out one stat and get the 24k darkbless bonus. From what I can see unbalancing doesn't hold anyone back as much as it should. I think this needs addressed. Is this system really working as intended? One suggestion I have is to make stat bonuses only available once you get all the stats across, eg. 20k hp 20k mana 20k move, 22khp 22k mana 22k move, etc. This will ensure that people remain balanced unless for some crazy reason they just want to max one stat, heh.
damien
Elder
Clan: Malkavian

Re: Balance System

Post by damien »

I second that.
The Tiny Old Man of Malkavian
Radek
Elder
Clan: Brujah

Post by Radek »

I also support this.
Radek, He Who is....
Brujah Justicar
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by bair »

If its better to be unbalanced, then I'll be unbalanced. If its better to balanced, then I'll be balanced. The only difference is that older balanced players are upset that newer players become so powerful so fast. The past is past. New strategies do come along, doesn't mean they are automatically imbalanced. Personally I find it rather stupid that I would have to train move when I never use any move.

If you care how the older players feel, then make a stricter balance code. If you don't, then leave it as is. If we were starting off a pwipe, our current system would be fine.
Rikus
Methuselah
Clan: Nosferatu

Post by Rikus »

Last I checked extra attacks from Celerity were move-based.
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

ive had 13 attacks since i was a lot smaller. no change in that in a very long time