cant make a character

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Kylua
Neonate

cant make a character

Post by Kylua »

Today i was looking around on mudconnect.com and I stumbled across this mud listing... It looked interesting so I decided I would give it a shot. I put the info into my mud client and tried to connect to the mud.. The title page shows up and it says "What name would you like on your tombstone?". So, I type my name in, but nothing happens..... Not sure what to do, but any help would be nice...
Azazel
Admin

Re: cant make a character

Post by Azazel »

That's strange. Did you try to use the name "kylua"? Did you hit enter after you typed your name? it should have asked for a password at this point.

What client do you use?

Azazel
Kylua
Neonate

Post by Kylua »

yeah I typed Kylua in as my name, and I pressed enter afterwards... It didnt ask me for a password or anything.. The only thing that pops up is that it has disconnected me from the server if i stay idle on the title screen for to long. Im using Mudlet. Im pretty experienced with muds, but ive never had this problem before....
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

That's strange. I checked your ip and I remember seeing it setting at the character creation login.

I'm not sure what the problem was - but we did have a few buggy changes last night so there were a few crashes. We've since fixed that code so the stability should be back to normal.

I'll try to create a character using that name and see what happens.

Azazel