Wiki Help

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Gratiano
Neonate
Clan: Brujah

Wiki Help

Post by Gratiano »

I saw in Helmut's title that VW now has a wiki, which I think is awesome. However, the average user cannot add content to the page, and it is severely lacking.

As a new player, I was informed by some old-time friends about runes that can be added to eq. That is awesome. But, what runes do what? Granted, I haven't searched the forum in depth, or checked in game since I'm at work while writing this, but I did check the wiki. To my surprise, there is no mention what so ever to a rune.

I think the wiki could be an amazing source of information for new players, or players who are coming back after an extended break. But, can only admin add content to the wiki? If so, I feel this will greatly decrease the rate at which knowledge of the mud is spread, and can prevent people from coming back, or getting past the first day.

How do you all feel about this?
Better than you.
bair
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Re: Wiki Help

Post by bair »

im pretty sure anybody can add to the wiki (at least we can add to the qitems/directions), and you cannot use runes until you are 10k across, and by then the person should know all about them with or without a wiki. plus i dont think the purpose of the wiki is to put every single bit of information at the fingertips of every player. IMO runes, for example, are better kept off the wiki.
Gratiano
Neonate
Clan: Brujah

Post by Gratiano »

One thing I wanted to add was bashing spots and tips for lowbies. Being a lowbie, but not a newbie, I am having to remember some things also. It would be nice if we had a more expanded newbie help on the wiki.
Better than you.
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

If your having problems adding things to the site, please contact me in the game for help.
-Helmut