Mirazat Seeking Advice

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Mirazat
Neonate
Clan: Malkavian

Mirazat Seeking Advice

Post by Mirazat »

Hello All,
I've been struggeling quite sometime with my advancement on VW. My knowlege of getting around the wiki for help is limited. I'm looking forward to growing in this Mud and am at a loss. After reading rules I believe that all actions were to be done manually. If this is a missconception on my part please acknoledge it before I make any Mistakes.
example1: Can't find spicific info on decap procedure. I've managed to make a couple of PK's but didn't have the comand knowledge to complete the decap.
Please take a look at 1a and let me know where it's wrong.
example1a:(sample of events as I understand) As I understand
"Decap <name>" "wield weapon (sword)"
"take head" "wield Head" "crack Head" "say destroy brains"

example: Another player is telling me it is ok to set up alias to get around. Is this correct. Not that I know how that is done but don't want to learn if is illegal.

I am certainly in need of help and direction which I am sure is availabe and hope this is the right place to find it.
Looking forward
Mirazat
ps excuse the typos please. Didn't see spell checker
Last edited by Mirazat on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helmut
Admin

Re: Mirazat Seeking Advice

Post by Helmut »

help decap
also, you have to have a decap weapon in order to decap someone. If you don't have a decap weapon, removing your weapon and decaping with your bare hands is an option.

help alias
you are allowed to uses aliases to help with things in the game. The thing that is illegal is letting the client play the game for you. shortcuts, and spell triggers are allowed. The main thing is to make sure your in front of your character at all times.
-Helmut
Sonja
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere

Post by Sonja »

Hey mirazat :). I'll be sure to give you a quick pk lesson next time I see you. All of helmuts 's answers were bang on. If you need help getting a better understanding of the mud, ask me any time. You seem very dedicated to feeling things out, that I can really respect. Thanks for your dedication. You'll be a great player in no time. Sonja
Hiroshima
Ancilla

Post by Hiroshima »

Help is but a quick chat away Mirazat!

You should by now be added to the clan forums and any time that I am on just send me a tell and I'll answer as best as I can!

Anyone should just feel free to ask any questions that they have and I am sure that someone will answer them!
I am gonna be on rarely now till at least June.
static
Neonate
Clan: Toreador

Post by static »

Ive tried helping you but, u don't respond or read whats being told to you.
Mirazat
Neonate

Post by Mirazat »

static wrote:Ive tried helping you but, u don't respond or read whats being told to you.
Sorry Static, I've been so busy bashin that I miss a lot of info. It's certainly not that I'm not intrested.
Please try again
Peace and PK
Mirazat
Hiroshima
Ancilla

Post by Hiroshima »

If you're bashing then it's best to use tells so that you can review them using the 'rev' command. Chat and clan channels don't have this handy feature!

I think that everybody who plays the game wants a bigger pbase to increase the status flow. In the pursuit of this it is I believe up to everyone to help each other. Mirazat I have some sites that I will put up in the Malkavian section of the forum and I'll try and find a time when you are on so that we can chat and help you more!

Always remember……If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck……it's either a malk or it goes nice with pancakes and hoi sin sauce! Just don't confuse the two!
I am gonna be on rarely now till at least June.