new site

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Helmut
Admin

new site

Post by Helmut »

This is the new site to come, and want peoples inputs to make it better.
Comment as necessary...

test.dawnofdead.com
-Helmut
Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Re: new site

Post by Derubael »

Site looks great! Biggest suggestion is a basic noob guide for people first jumping on. Maybe put a link to it in the newbie area on the mud? Players could help write this pretending to write to someone who has never played a mud before. Alot of our players get discouraged when they can't figure something out and don't know the right questions to ask. Also, some guides in the forums (and not just out clan forums!! Noobs can't see that) on basic questing, bashing training etc. I know there's links everywhere but we need it in one place written out. People don't like going to 10 different pages for advice, and most stuff can be copy/pasted right here on the forums and stickied. Anyway, got more but too inebriated to type it out right now. Sry for typos, am on a mobile.

Oh, and helmut i know you'll hate this idea, but open a Facebook/MySpace page with a killer logo. Most of our players have those and it WILL drive players to the game. Don't laugh, Facebook has 600 million users. If even a tenth of a percent see your Facebook page and start playing, Thats alot of people.

My two cents, for what its worth.

Ps. The MySpace/Facebook pages take maybe an hour to set up between the two of them and have huge returns if everyone "likes" the page. Just gotta make sure everyone hops on board.
wtf
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

we have a fb
we have a myspace
If you guys want to build a newbie guide. I'll post it.
-Helmut
Sami
Antediluvian
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Sami »

the clans need updating.. i run ventrue .. not me and ghnat... he's not able to run the clan with me :( due to personal issues that are preventing him .,
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

clan justicars will be updated to current at time site is released. If you feel it's not right. contact Mirage to make sure it's corrected.
-Helmut
Sami
Antediluvian

Post by Sami »

Helmut wrote:clan justicars will be updated to current at time site is released. If you feel it's not right. contact Mirage to make sure it's corrected.
... i will when i see her ... seems i can't catch her on
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Post by Derubael »

Put links to them somewhere. Add an "add us on Facebook" button to the page. Or whatever. Even just a "hey we're on Facebook!" hey it might look dumb but stupid people like me need this kind of stuff right in front of us.

A basic newbie guide on the actual website would be nice, as well as some advanced info on the forums. Ill do my best to put together a basic noob guide in the next week or so. If people just hound me whenever i log on ill get it done in a couple days. Lol.
wtf
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

I do believe that someone put together a newbie help section on the wiki site a while back. Could check there to see..
-Helmut
Mirazat
Neonate
Clan: Malkavian

Post by Mirazat »

I guess I'm over looking a lot of info. I do not understand the Wiki site and therefor find finding answers exasperating. I am about as raw as you can get for understanding VW. A section on this page devoted to the newbie would be a great! How 2 and Why or just learn as you play??

Site is looking good. Still didn't find the info on questing I'm looking for. How to I'd really like to get myself Up in status and Don't want to drag people down playin 20 question. I'm rambling so later
C U on the mud
Peace and PK
Mirazat
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

im too sexy to justicar, too sexy to.....
Sami
Antediluvian

Post by Sami »

Mirage wrote:
Sami wrote:
Helmut wrote:clan justicars will be updated to current at time site is released. If you feel it's not right. contact Mirage to make sure it's corrected.
... i will when i see her ... seems i can't catch her on
Support e-mails are directed to me, aswell as you could PM me here. Changes with justicars are still occuring, but we will be updating it as much as possible. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

-Mirage

you're welcome :D
Helmut
Admin

Post by Helmut »

I do believe that Justicars have been updated.

Picky picky picky people!!

Anything else?
-Helmut
Sami
Antediluvian

Post by Sami »

Helmut wrote:I do believe that Justicars have been updated.

Picky picky picky people!!

Anything else?

yes they have and i thanked mirage for that :D