rusty box

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Sami
Antediluvian
Clan: Ventrue

rusty box

Post by Sami »

shouldn't those exits be protected with stat reqs like the rest of the mud... i mean a 5k player with a slayer that can't be gotten unless you're 10k? now come on it took hours of painstaking work to get those when we had the stats. and now they can be gotten just by having big char go through the box? .. what is wrong with this picture? what next .. getting a 5k player a talon? you got to be kidding me!
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete... Lao Tzu
cyan
Ancilla
Clan: Gangrel

Re: rusty box

Post by cyan »

I rarely agree with Sami on anything, but this is one instance where I do have to agree. I believe that in recent months, exits that led to the executioner (or healer??) were cut off because they were giving people "too much power." I would think that this area would be seen in the same light.

Rusty Box simply nullifies having size reqs in place. It also nullifies the purpose of having mud quests, when those nice items can be gotten by small players whose clannies will take them or they stick their lil brown noses up someone's arse and gets them to do it.

Is it possible that this area could be re-examined and reconsidered?

Thanks in advance.
blart
Ancilla
Clan: Brujah

Post by blart »

I agree with sami. Normally i dont like to toot her horn but she has a good point. :lol:
Desades
Antediluvian
Clan: Toreador

Post by Desades »

Sami wrote:shouldn't those exits be protected with stat reqs like the rest of the mud... i mean a 5k player with a slayer that can't be gotten unless you're 10k? now come on it took hours of painstaking work to get those when we had the stats. and now they can be gotten just by having big char go through the box? .. what is wrong with this picture? what next .. getting a 5k player a talon? you got to be kidding me!

Bring back those hour-consuming backbreaking runs that made you go "Wow!!" when you finally made it all the way to grab a Slayer or so...
-= May the Rose be with you =-
Guthrie
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Guthrie »

I agree with sami. However rather than putting the stat reqs on those exits I think those exits should go somewhere else in the mud. The whole purpose of those exits I believe was to make it suck *** to flee thru there to get to abaddon. Cause you have a 50% chance of fleeing into some shitty zone...or in the case now you just go into some zone and get some cool **** at a small size. anyways... maybe remove the exits and put doors and drop keys on the mobs and keep or change where those exits connect to.
Damerion
Elder

Post by Damerion »

*prepares flame shield*

Perhaps the real solution is to make the rusty box more annoying than it is now, why not make the keys that you need to use to get into the box disentergrate after one use?

For example when we drop soul weapons and they are unclaim they go bye bye, even though I know the coding for something like that would be intensive it would make the rusty box a bit more annoying and a longer run than it is now.

*Shrug* just my idea