Bullshit

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Scoobz

Bullshit

Post by Scoobz »

u know any dumb *** could qbuy stakes in arena and give away to add weight to a char? or rename items give them to you to make it so u cant drink blood. These things are old tricks that people have been punished for. so easy to make it so u cant give any items to some1 while in arena? write support you say? why? to be called a whiny *****? Thats what i get from support. people cant beat u straight up so they resort to cheap tatics in the arena. They go unpunished and even if they are punished ur not given the heads back. Ive noticed strange things happening. rings with crazy stats popping on the mud with +40 hit on them. People helping u with one char just to cheap you with another? I complained and got banned. I stake a status hugger whos logged on me 8 times when i hunt. He gets what he deserves and i get threats of deletion? If ur not ready to accept what happens to you dont play. If you have a complaint be careful who u complain to or ull be labeled a whinny *****. I deleted all my chars and will not come back to the favourtism i have seen. Gods should be neutral not interfear with **** they dont belong in. They shouldnt be allowed to have players and they should treat everyone the same. I personally dont need Helmuts rude comments or name calling.
Scoobz

Re: Bullshit

Post by Scoobz »

Im 40 years old and have coded muds for years... players have rules but gods need rules too and someone to police them. they take advantage of people and dismiss it without anyone to stop them. As a single god you do not own the mud and dont have the right to treat people as if u own them. Its a joke and makes me laugh. I am not the first one to see this **** and i wont be the last. if u like the game best advice is stfu and play. if ur treated bad dont complain it just makes things harder for you. Dont assume game play will be fair and cheap them before they cheap you.

If u have age over a char and they have serp. command to serp and engadge and spam curse. they have very few rounds to flee and change back and cant wear eq till u do.

bring stakes into arena make sure there the heavy ones add a few to there inventory and watch them die.

rename items to blood and rod give to ur victim so they cant drink till they drop them. if they drop just give them to them again. do this with stakes u now add weight and take up there time. so ur kicking there *** while there trying to drop the ****.

big player pissing you off. wait for them to bash mirrors and wait for them to flee out and jump them.

trick player into fighting zeus for a qitem. when zeus one shots them stake decap them.

Escape cap everyone

stake players who have nod when they escape.

Steal blood rod from ur victim so they cant regen.

if ur victim is mounted cast sleep on there mount now they cant flee

c sanct on ur mount so if u are beat and its a close fight. ur mount kills them and u get up before them and u get the cap.

These are just a few things tht have happened to me. use them and u can be a winner too.
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

Wow - Pretty good job Mirage. I spoke with Helmut about this earlier, and told him I would address this since it involved him.

Let me see if I can't explain one thing to you, Avictus: You can config -transport. I suppose help law should have been updated and that's entirely my fault - but guess what - if you're too daft to figure that one out, you deserve to be decapped. I don't know that it's actually something I'd even punish somebody for since you can trans off.

As for your comments - this one stuck out:
As a single god you do not own the mud and dont have the right to treat people as if u own them.
I can't really speak to the "treating people as if yo own them" but - as one of the founders of this mud - Helmut can do whatever the **** he wants to. Somehow, I doubt this is remotely as one sided as you say it is - I've know H for a long time and he's a fairly level headed fellow.

So am I - so: F u c k off.

Don't come back whingin for your characters in 6 months. I'm deleting the backups.

As for the other **** - I don't even feel like looking into it. This is a FREE game that we run for players. We spend our time working on it and Netosia donates his server space and bandwith. If you had a payed account here - you might have some sort of complaint, but if we charged you can bet your *** we'd have a very well written Terms of Service.

So - again, to reiterate:

**** Off.

Azazel the kind.
Biznasty
Neonate
Clan: Gangrel

Post by Biznasty »

Azazel wrote:You can config -transport. I suppose help law should have been updated and that's entirely my fault - but guess what - if you're too daft to figure that one out, you deserve to be decapped. I don't know that it's actually something I'd even punish somebody for since you can trans off.
Regardless of whether or not you can "trans off", as a player I would hope the rules would be enforced in this situation, since reading the helpfiles certainly gives me the impression it should be. It hasn't been an issue for me or anything, but I'd be disappointed if something that is clearly spelled out as a rule on the MUD leads me to play a certain way (like not trans'ing off in fights because the rules have led me to believe I shouldn't have to), only for it to bite me in the *** later because I wasn't part of the exclusive club of people that know which rules on the MUD are for real and which are not.
Azazel
Admin

Post by Azazel »

The rule should have been removed and was not when transport off was added. No need for the rule.

Damn, I thought I locked this thread.