EXP LOCK

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

Damerion
Elder

EXP LOCK

Post by Damerion »

I have been gone most of the day and I get on to hear about this. People over Rogue should not be punished at all for size even rogue.

Look at the past 5 months of vampire wars, the pbase has steadily grown by 2-3 people a month and we are finally back with a respectable pbase of probably 20 active people, 30 people who log in every now and again.

And we are at the point where we can go either two ways, we can lose that pbase we have or we can explode into a new day for the mud. We are helpful and we love to play but, most of us people who only see one status fight every 2 months are screwed by this change.

The only status loaded atm with status is champion and that is no faught of people like omnis who try to fight at every opportunity and get fled quit on. when I logged today he was ranting because he was goign to bepunished for beign to big in his status bracket at a amount that in the old days would be just getting to champion ( I will nto say to protect his secrets)

I for one am for a stat cap for only mortals or atleast keep it to vagabond or rogue but know this even that status is low on players and cannot grow effectively, so you could put the exp cap on hit/dam so you can actually limit people and force people up who have the hit/dam to be up there
kurtap
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Re: EXP LOCK

Post by kurtap »

I would be a very unhappy camper if this happened. i am a pretty large warrior. hell i'm probably too large for slayer too. but competition in slayer-destroyer is brutal. i fight every chance i get regardless of how bad the odds are. all that this lock will do is make me reclandi and become an escape capper and all around *******. terrible idea in my opinion.

now, as irritating as it is seeing 3k mortals and 10k rogues etc. everyone has their own style of play. i just think locking exp is fubar.
Omnis
Ancilla
Clan: Ventrue

Post by Omnis »

Well... I'm glad that people are putting in their voices about this issue. I agree with the issue that status needs moving but I think the method needs voting and approval by players as well as admin... kinda like there should be a few diff branches of govt. to keep things from getting unbalanced. We need an average agreeable standpoint here. That is all I'm going to say.
-Omnis
...After all we are the players... without the players there is no game.
. . .Everything and Nothing at the Same Time. . .
The thoughts you are thinking,
The keys you type on,
The love you feel,
The hatred,
Omnis
Derubael
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere

Post by Derubael »

Voicing my support, a more detailed picture of my views can be found on the facebook page.

Dont punish people who cannot get pk fights due to pansy bitches logging off!
wtf
blart
Ancilla
Clan: Brujah

Post by blart »

i personally fought a lot last night and some i got beat some i won and some i got beat by like 2k or less. the problem i see is those who are already high stats fighting someone who cant go up in stats because of the cap they go down. okay they get capped so what. is the cap on expo still in affect? they need to retrain their immunity's. on 1 mud i played before i ever came to vampire wars you were able to get to a certain stats at each status except the top 4 or 5 brackets. So say the top brackets are conquer hero destroyer slayer warrior. they wouldn't be capped. now for the status running i have an opinion about a log timer where you log in and see someone who is your status and you don't want to cap you have to run for at least like 5 min before able to log out. because you can not make someone fight even if this is a pk mud. those who like to log out i say all players attack them and feed them if the problem persists. Just my opinion. <same as posted in facebook>

Blart says "How does it feel to want". Ventrue
ghnat
Antediluvian

Post by ghnat »

There has always been a unwritten code that you let someone chase you for 5 mins or else that clan could stake you next time they saw you. I haven't seen it enforced in a long time but it used to be normal play.
Omicron
Ancilla
Clan: Cappadocian

Post by Omicron »

I wish the exp had not dropped like it did
daitja
Admin

Post by daitja »

Omicron wrote:I wish the exp had not dropped like it did
Based on a conversation, I believe this is referring to the elite mob exp nerf in September as opposed to the exp lock that was reverted soon after it was implemented (send me a pm and I'll edit this post if I'm wrong, Omicron). Since it isn't applicable at the moment, I'm going to lock this thread for now. If for some reason we enable the exp limit again amid other major changes, we'll unlock it.