Botting reminder

VW::Classic Helpdesk
This will house FAQs and general questions, player/admin alike.

IF you have a bug, report it via vw_support@new.vampire-wars.com NOT here.

Moderator: Azazel

daitja
Admin

Botting reminder

Post by daitja »

I know summers are quiet, but that doesn't mean you have permission to set up an exp bot and walk away from your computer. Botting not only gives you an unfair advantage over other players who have invested their own time in their characters, it throws off the status size balance that's so difficult to manage these days.

It's fairly easy to get away with some illegal triggers, and I know many veteran players have pushed the limits if not outright cheated at times, and that will always be the case, given how the game is parsed. However, if you're one of the unlucky players to be caught by me, you will absolutely lose 10-200 hours worth of stats, probably some status as well, or potentially just be outright deleted. Is it worth the risk?

One more thing - the more complex the bot, the longer I'll assume you've gotten away with it, making the punishment harsher accordingly.
Azazel
Admin

Re: Botting reminder

Post by Azazel »

daitja wrote:
One more thing - the more complex the bot, the longer I'll assume you've gotten away with it, making the punishment harsher accordingly.
I always knew you'd be an admin after my own heart.