Update: Objects/Disciplines

Announcements from the Admin

Moderators: Azazel, Helmut, Netosia

Azazel
Admin

Update: Objects/Disciplines

Post by Azazel »

Ok, this is not something that I or other admin are going to discuss on the forums. I've been reading everything that's posted, reading emails people have sent me (azazel@mudder.net) and talking with players. I've looked through some game logs as well. I've found quite a bit of stuff that's out of balance and/or broken. I'm sure I've only seen the tip of the iceberg. I have decided to make an announcement about several things since they have come up time and time again.

First - any unfair items won in quests/etc on the game will be removed. I was told that Dell and Kanyon had items and timers to make them disappear were placed on them. I am not sure if they have disappeared or not - but if not, they'll be removed. Vexen also has an item. He has expressed total willingness in destroying this item. I will likely give these players some quested item that is attainable to all players. If you have an item with some unfair advantage (such as, but not limited to: activate, twist, pull), please email me. I will be searching pfiles later this week for items and removing them anwyays. Save me the time.

I was also told that god-level enchant weapon scrolls/wands/etc were given out (or maybe weapons with these spells cast on them). Admin have told me that all of these were supposed to have been removed. If you have one of these items, let us know. I will also search pfiles for these objects as well.

If you suspect somebody of some unfair peice of EQ, of any sort - email me and let me know.

Second - We will be addressing blackdeath self and command blackdeath. I believe we have figured out how we want it to work and we'll get that in soon. There will also possibly be some other changes to the command power in Dominate.

If any clan disciplines are broken, overpowered, underpowered - please email us at vw_support@mudder.net

---

Lastly, I know that there are complaints about game balance and admin visibility among other issues I've been away a while, and some of the admin who've been handling things while I've been gone have had life issues take away their time. We're going to get this sorted out. We'll get things balanced again. We're going to move forward with bigger changes - but in the short term we'll make it so the mud is fair and playable.

Those of you who know me know that I can be an ***, but I'm an *** to everybody. I probably won't be nearly as harsh as I used to be - but I intend to be strict. The good news for most of you is I've been gone so long, I don't remember what most of you did to piss me off - so most everybody has a clean slate. If you think I hate you because of your old character, don't tell me who he/she was.

Anyways - give us a chance.

Azazel

azazel@mudder.net for private issues
vw_suport@mudder.net for support issues.
Azazel
Admin

Re: Update: Objects/Disciplines

Post by Azazel »

I was fairly sure I had picked up all of the "uber" weapons and armor on the game. If you have an item won in a quest that does not load on the mud or has been boosted up - please send me a tell when you see me online. This includes transporter items (those should be all gone) and any super weapons. If the few extra hit/dam don't matter - you won't mind handing them over.

You will be reimbursed qp and given an attainable replacement.

Azazel